shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling on Vendors to Enact Across the Board 30 Day Returns...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
In light of the recent concern over return policies of online vendors, I would like to take this time to call on ALL PS vendors to enact an across the board, no questions asked, 30 day return policy with respect to all in-house and sourced diamonds rings. An engagement ring is a once in a lifetime purchase. It is imperative that consumers are happy with the decisions they make. This is beneficial not only to the consumer, but to the industry as a whole.

Many vendors already have 30 day return policies. This gives consumers time to reflect upon their purchase before it is necessary to make a decision in regards to whether or not they are fully content with the decision they have made. There is nothing intrinsic about diamonds that make them less valuable on the 11th or 15th or 21st day than they are on the day they are purchased. Just because a diamond was worn does not [mean] a vendor will have more trouble selling it. Many diamonds are either recycled or tried on by numerous people before they are sold. There is little guarantee that consumers will be purchasing a diamond that has never been worn before. Diamonds do not depreciate considerable in a matter of a few days. Yet a consumer who is not able to return their diamond after two weeks because a vendor only has a 10 or 14 day return policy is left with an item they don't want that will only sell for 30-50% of the price they paid.

It is just good business practice to ensure that consumers are completely satisfied with their purchase, regardless of whether it is the 3rd day or the 15th. The more significant the purchase, the more indecisive consumers tend to be. 10 or 14 days is simply not enough time to get an item appraised and have ample time to reflect on the purchase. It took me 9 days to get my stone appraised and set. A 10 day inspection period does not seem to be consistent with the practices of a consumer friendly retailer. Across the board, 30 day return periods would minimize the impact of buyer's remorse and maximize the potential for satisfied consumers.

soontomarry2

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree! I''m selesting my diamond online right now. I found one I''m very happy with and plan on purchasing. The only thing that is making second guess purchasing this diamond is the vendors 10-day return policy. Because of this policy, I must propose within the 10-day period or else run the risk of having a diamond that she is not completely 100% satisfied with. We already have need enough to worry about when we''re planning the asking day!

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
There are actually quite a few PS vendors who do not have a 30 day return policy and/or do not extend that 30 day policy to sourced diamonds. It is quite frustrating to consumers.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry but I find this post absurd and presumptuous. The person you are referencing was responsible for her own predicament and she admitted it. She had her stone appraised, AGREED to buy it and had it set and wore the ring for a few days and then changed her mind. She had the stone for about 3 weeks as I recall. However, people can walk with their feet to any vendor they want. A diamond isnt a more special item than a car or a dress or a chest of drawers. Many B & M stores have more lenient return policies but the prices are FAR higher. Our PS vendors often operate with a different business model.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please keep this post on topic or it will be closed. This thread is to discuss return policies, not the specific situation of one Pricescope member.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with DenverAppraiser. A buyer with even a modicum of common sense is going to read and understand the seller's return policy. If it's too short to make you comfortable, then you go with someone else. Even the sellers with 10 day policies seem to state that the 10 days only start from the day you (and or your appraiser) take delivery. Ten days should be sufficient.

I can sympathize with guys awaiting their engagement, but a return policy is not really designed to protect you from a fiancee that wants something else, it's designed to provide the buyer (whether that's a man or a woman) an evaluation period.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The period a returned stone was not for sale, be it 10 or 30 days, could mean a lost sale to a new customer.

I think it would be fair for vendors to charge some nominal return fee to compensate them for this.
Nothing is free, so this must be factored into the price of every stone if the returners are not singled out to pay this cost of doing business.

This period of potentially lost sales may be why some vendors want a shorter period.

DiceKTak

Rough_Rock
I agree with the original post. Many consumers see 30 day return policy and DO NOT read the fine print. Yes, that is their fault, but it is the same situation as the sub-prime mortgage crisis. Consumers DO NOT do a very good job at reading the fine print. It is hard for a vendor to call itself consumer friendly and committed to satisfying the consumer when they only allow 10 days for returns. That is not enough time for an appraisal and a proposal.

The consumer can shop around, but that doesn''t help. The whole reason these vendors have to source a bunch of diamonds to begin with is that their in-house supply isn''t large enough to meet the specific needs of consumers. I had to buy from Blue Nile because I needed the 30 day policy. I would have much preferred to buy from another PS vendor, but their return policy did not work for me. As a result, I was stuck with a diamond without an IdealScope image. Luckily, the stone was a beaut because I did not get it back from my appraiser until mere days before the return period ended. An across the board 30 day return period would help all involved.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 7:31:08 PM
Author: bgray
I am sorry but I find this post absurd and presumptuous. The person you are referencing was responsible for her own predicament and she admitted it. She had her stone appraised, AGREED to buy it and had it set and wore the ring for a few days and then changed her mind. She had the stone for about 3 weeks as I recall. However, people can walk with their feet to any vendor they want. A diamond isnt a more special item than a car or a dress or a chest of drawers. Many B & M stores have more lenient return policies but the prices are FAR higher. Our PS vendors often operate with a different business model.
A diamond in very different than a car. A car immediately loses value the second you drive it. A diamond does not lose value between the 10th and 15th day. If a vendor is worried it will lose sales in these situations, then go with Kenny''s suggestion. Institute a small restocking fee. There is no reason a buyer should ever lose 30-50% of the value of their sale because they changed their mind on the 11th day instead of the 10th day.

Side Note: I strongly believe that the only reason diamonds depreciate so much in value in resale is because the diamond industry is strongly trying to discourage private consumers from re-selling diamonds. It would cut into their sales. As it currently stands, commercial vendors are the only ones who can get away with selling a "used" diamond at full price (without the 50% price reduction) because they do not tell the new buyers they are buying a "used" stone. It is for this very reason that they should not devalue a 11 day old stone more than a 10 day old stone. The only thing they lost was the opportunity to resell the diamond for 1 day. That inventory cost is not worth 50% of the value of the stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 10 to 15 days is enough for the reasons that Kenny stated. The cost of maintaining an in house inventory of diamonds is huge. Do the math next time you peruse GOG or BGD or WF. Most of the vendors who offer 30 day policies do not maintain a large in house stock. If I had to guess, I would guess they do not pay the cutter/wholesaler for the diamond until the 30 day period is over, or close to that, so that they are not out of pocket on returns.

The simple solution to the perceived "tine crunch" is to schedule an appointment with your appraiser for the day after the ring is due to arrive in your hands, or have the diamond/ ring shipped directly to the appraiser.

My husband''s favourite saying: "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:32:43 PM
Author: henearly89

Side Note: I strongly believe that the only reason diamonds depreciate so much in value in resale is because the diamond industry is strongly trying to discourage private consumers from re-selling diamonds. It would cut into their sales. As it currently stands, commercial vendors are the only ones who can get away with selling a ''used'' diamond at full price (without the 50% price reduction) because they do not tell the new buyers they are buying a ''used'' stone. It is for this very reason that they should not devalue a 11 day old stone more than a 10 day old stone. The only thing they lost was the opportunity to resell the diamond for 1 day. That inventory cost is not worth 50% of the value of the stone.
I''m sure this is part of the issue, but not all of it. One problem buyers face in the secondary market is that they cannot easily verify the authenticity of the diamond and that adds risk to the scenerio. When you boil it down, the wishes of the consumer determine the price of diamonds. If buyers were willing to pay more for diamonds on the secondary market, and demand outweighed supply, then diamonds on the secondary market would command more. But the fact is that most buyers are not willing to accept the risk. I do not think it is a vast conspiracy on the part of the "diamond industry".

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
I once had a diamond shipped directly to an appraiser. She got it on a Friday. She did not appraise it until Monday. She shipped it back on Tuesday mornig. By the time I got it back, I only had 2 days to evaluate the stone. B&Ms allow consumers to see the stone several times before purchase. To compensate, online vendors ought to allow an extended return period. If need be, they can charge a small restocking fee for stones returned after the 10th day. At the very least, vendors should be more apt to working with a consumer who has changed their mind on the 11th day. I''d like to know what PS vendors would do in that situation.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:37:37 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Side Note: I strongly believe that the only reason diamonds depreciate so much in value in resale is because the diamond industry is strongly trying to discourage private consumers from re-selling diamonds. It would cut into their sales. As it currently stands, commercial vendors are the only ones who can get away with selling a 'used' diamond at full price (without the 50% price reduction) because they do not tell the new buyers they are buying a 'used' stone. It is for this very reason that they should not devalue a 11 day old stone more than a 10 day old stone. The only thing they lost was the opportunity to resell the diamond for 1 day. That inventory cost is not worth 50% of the value of the stone.
I'm sure this is part of the issue, but not all of it. One problem buyers face in the secondary market is that they cannot easily verify the authenticity of the diamond and that adds risk to the scenerio. When you boil it down, the wishes of the consumer determine the price of diamonds. If buyers were willing to pay more for diamonds on the secondary market, and demand outweighed supply, then diamonds on the secondary market would command more. But the fact is that most buyers are not willing to accept the risk. I do not think it is a vast conspiracy on the part of the 'diamond industry'.
Authenticity is easy to verfiy. Meet the seller at a reputable appraiser or ship the stone directly to an appraiser of choice. Risk can be mitigated. The idea of buying a "used" stone can not. So that buyer goes to a trusted vendor, where a decent percentage of the time, they end up buying a used stone anyway.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 7:36:14 PM
Author: denverappraiser
How about just refusing to buy from a vender who has terms and conditions that you don’t like? As you point out, there’s plenty of competitors.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Ditto. They are in the business to make money, end of story. Why should they cover the costs of sourcing a diamond they don''t see fit to keep as an in house stone? They have stones in house for a reason, they have confidence in their ability to sell them. Why should they bring in a stone for a consumer and then cover the costs if they don''t want it.

Vendors are here to run their business, not bend over backwards for customers. Get real! If you don''t like it, go somewhere else!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 7:36:14 PM
Author: denverappraiser
How about just refusing to buy from a vender who has terms and conditions that you don’t like? As you point out, there’s plenty of competitors.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver
It''s called "BUYER BEWARE" for a reason. Customers spending thousands of dollars should not check their brains at that door of any shop, virtual or otherwise. Unfortunately, with cars, matresses, and diamonds... people shoot themselves in the foot. They don''t seem to realize that they have to safeguard their own interests, because vendors (no matter how fabulous) are ultimately VENDORS LOOKING TO MAKE A PROFIT. So they are, by definition, not looking out for yours if there is a conflict of interest. Just the way it is.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
If the vendor is willing to source a stone that they themselves do not see fit to bring in house, how about making that clear to the consumer. Too often they do not. I can speak from first hand experience with 2 of the bigger vendors on PS. One made that clear, one did not.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
DiceKTak, if one can''t read the fine print when making a four figure + purchase, then they shouldn''t be opening their wallet in the first place. Consumers have to take responsibility for their decisions and actions, not just hope for a way out when it all goes pear shaped.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:43:01 PM
I once had a diamond shipped directly to an appraiser. She got it on a Friday. She did not appraise it until Monday. She shipped it back on Tuesday mornig. By the time I got it back, I only had 2 days to evaluate the stone. B&Ms allow consumers to see the stone several times before purchase. To compensate, online vendors ought to allow an extended return period. If need be, they can charge a small restocking fee for stones returned after the 10th day. At the very least, vendors should be more apt to working with a consumer who has changed their mind on the 11th day. I''d like to know what PS vendors would do in that situation.

they are compensating.........by giving you prices that are substantially less than any B&M

DiceKTak

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:49:24 PM
Author: honey22
DiceKTak, if one can't read the fine print when making a four figure + purchase, then they shouldn't be opening their wallet in the first place. Consumers have to take responsibility for their decisions and actions, not just hope for a way out when it all goes pear shaped.
As much as I agree with you, that's not how we operate in the U.S. (or Europe, for that matter). Consumers have certain protections. If we were going to leave things up to consumers and tell them tough luck for not reading the fine print, we wouldn't be slamming the banks for predatory lending right now. Really, those banks, by your own admission, have done nothing wrong. They are just trying to make money, correct? Buyer beware was so 20th century. The internet has given a voice to consumers.

And what's wrong with pear shaped diamonds. I have a pear.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:45:17 PM

Side Note: I strongly believe that the only reason diamonds depreciate so much in value in resale is because the diamond industry is strongly trying to discourage private consumers from re-selling diamonds. It would cut into their sales. As it currently stands, commercial vendors are the only ones who can get away with selling a ''used'' diamond at full price (without the 50% price reduction) because they do not tell the new buyers they are buying a ''used'' stone. It is for this very reason that they should not devalue a 11 day old stone more than a 10 day old stone. The only thing they lost was the opportunity to resell the diamond for 1 day. That inventory cost is not worth 50% of the value of the stone.
I''m sure this is part of the issue, but not all of it. One problem buyers face in the secondary market is that they cannot easily verify the authenticity of the diamond and that adds risk to the scenerio. When you boil it down, the wishes of the consumer determine the price of diamonds. If buyers were willing to pay more for diamonds on the secondary market, and demand outweighed supply, then diamonds on the secondary market would command more. But the fact is that most buyers are not willing to accept the risk. I do not think it is a vast conspiracy on the part of the ''diamond industry''.
Authenticity is easy to verfiy. Meet the seller at a reputable appraiser or ship the stone directly to an appraiser of choice. Risk can be mitigated. The idea of buying a ''used'' stone can not. So that buyer goes to a trusted vendor, where a decent percentage of the time, they end up buying a used stone anyway.
You missed my point. It is consumers'' demand that will create a secondary market. If consumers fall prey to marketing or do not ask questions about the diamonds they buy (i.e., "is it freshly cut" if they care), then it is their own fault. But it is not the "used" aspect that drives prices down on the secondary market. It is the hassel of getting a setting, finding an appraiser, sending it to GIA again perhaps, not upgrade or return policy... and on and on.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:48:08 PM
If the vendor is willing to source a stone that they themselves do not see fit to bring in house, how about making that clear to the consumer. Too often they do not. I can speak from first hand experience with 2 of the bigger vendors on PS. One made that clear, one did not.
Okay. So let me get this straight. You are talking to WALLYS WACKY WORLD OF DIAMONDS (completely fictional store... I *hope*) , a BIG Lazare dealer, and you ask Wally to source you a non-Lazare stone. Now, you are on PS, so you obviously know how to use the web and on their website in their policies section it says that LAZARE stones qualify for X and Y, and that others are on a case by case basis. You are not buying an Lazare stone, and it is somehow the VENDOR'S fault that it doesn't occur to you to ask what the specific polices are pertaining to your stone?

How is that the vendor's fault? YOU didn't ask. They aren't telepathic and frankly, some people don't care about trade in or buy back policies (case in point all of Blue Nile's customers) how are they supposed to know A) what information you have read, or not read on their websites and B) what questions you have about that information... or in general or whether you are planning to have the purchase appraised, or just plan to let the ring sit in your dresser drawer for 6 months waiting for aquairus rising and pluto to be in a specific orbit when you propose because Madame Zelda told you that you shouldn't propose until these astrological conditions have been met.

Sorry... I'm not buying that any vendor, PS or otherwise, is to blame because you can't read policies or ask questions, or *gasp* get things in writing.

For example, IF YOU care whether a stone is used or not, it's your responsibility to understand that A) the industry does not track this B) MANY stones are "used" and C) that there are only certain specific vendors and certain specific stones that will meet your needs and YOU need to ask on a case by case basis if this is the case.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:59:50 PM

Date: 3/6/2010 8:45:17 PM

I''m sure this is part of the issue, but not all of it. One problem buyers face in the secondary market is that they cannot easily verify the authenticity of the diamond and that adds risk to the scenerio. When you boil it down, the wishes of the consumer determine the price of diamonds. If buyers were willing to pay more for diamonds on the secondary market, and demand outweighed supply, then diamonds on the secondary market would command more. But the fact is that most buyers are not willing to accept the risk. I do not think it is a vast conspiracy on the part of the ''diamond industry''.
Authenticity is easy to verfiy. Meet the seller at a reputable appraiser or ship the stone directly to an appraiser of choice. Risk can be mitigated. The idea of buying a ''used'' stone can not. So that buyer goes to a trusted vendor, where a decent percentage of the time, they end up buying a used stone anyway.
You missed my point. It is consumers'' demand that will create a secondary market. If consumers fall prey to marketing or do not ask questions about the diamonds they buy (i.e., ''is it freshly cut'' if they care), then it is their own fault. But it is not the ''used'' aspect that drives prices down on the secondary market. It is the hassel of getting a setting, finding an appraiser, sending it to GIA again perhaps, not upgrade or return policy... and on and on.
Most consuemrs do not care about a trade up policy or else more and more vendors would be forced to have one. That the big guys like Blue Nile do not is a testament to the fact that a majority of consumers find it tacky to give back something your dearest gave you for something bigger.

Try asking vendors if the stone they are buying is freshly cut. Do you honestly think they are going to get a truthful answer all of the time? How could a consumer verify that a diamond was not freshly cut if the vendor said it was? As many experts have noted on this site, this is not so easy to verify, even for vendors who are sourcing the diamonds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's pretty clear when you search what's in house and what isn't.

I have no problem with those that offer a 10 day return policy. Means you have to have your ducks in a row, appraisals lined up whatever... By the time you are ready to pull the trigger you pretty much know it's the one.... I would say 9 times out of 10 that I have seen on here...

And if that doesn't suit there are vendors that do offer the 30 day return...

So there is something for everyone here....
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 8:49:24 PM
Author: honey22
DiceKTak, if one can''t read the fine print when making a four figure + purchase, then they shouldn''t be opening their wallet in the first place. Consumers have to take responsibility for their decisions and actions, not just hope for a way out when it all goes pear shaped.
i better hire a lawyer on my next diamond purchase.
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:04:23 PM

You missed my point. It is consumers'' demand that will create a secondary market. If consumers fall prey to marketing or do not ask questions about the diamonds they buy (i.e., ''is it freshly cut'' if they care), then it is their own fault. But it is not the ''used'' aspect that drives prices down on the secondary market. It is the hassel of getting a setting, finding an appraiser, sending it to GIA again perhaps, not upgrade or return policy... and on and on.
Most consuemrs do not care about a trade up policy or else more and more vendors would be forced to have one. That the big guys like Blue Nile do not is a testament to the fact that a majority of consumers find it tacky to give back something your dearest gave you for something bigger.

Try asking vendors if the stone they are buying is freshly cut. Do you honestly think they are going to get a truthful answer all of the time? How could a consumer verify that a diamond was not freshly cut if the vendor said it was? As many experts have noted on this site, this is not so easy to verify, even for vendors who are sourcing the diamonds.
Again you missed the point. The highlighted is a long list of reasons why it is easier to buy from a vendor and not on the secondary market, and these are the reasons why people prefer vendors. If they were willing to accept all of these things, who in their right mind would pay full retial?

And many vendors get their diamonds straight from the cutter. You know its provenance in that case and can know with as much certainty as you can ever have that it is "fresh". I think they will be truthful if they can be. Most of the time, though, the answer will be "I have no idea!" And most buyers don''t care I think.

And please leave your editorializing about upgrading out of things. It is offensive.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:08:26 PM

Again you missed the point. The highlighted is a long list of reasons why it is easier to buy from a vendor and not on the secondary market, and these are the reasons why people prefer vendors. If they were willing to accept all of these things, who in their right mind would pay full retial?

And many vendors get their diamonds straight from the cutter. You know its provenance in that case and can know with as much certainty as you can ever have that it is ''fresh''. I think they will be truthful if they can be. Most of the time, though, the answer will be ''I have no idea!'' And most buyers don''t care I think.

And please leave your editorializing about upgrading out of things. It is offensive.
THIS.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That the big guys like Blue Nile do not is a testament to the fact that a majority of consumers find it tacky to give back something your dearest gave you for something bigger.

Tacky?
Ouch!

Excuse me, but you just put down lots of PS members.
Perhaps terms like "not for everyone" would be more considerate.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You do realize that you are arguing against your own point right? If vendors lie (which I think is an offensive and inaccurate statement, because looking after your own interests and LYING are two very different things, one is ethical, the other not) then it is the customer's responsibility to A) ask probative questions to issues that matter to them and B) get the answer to those questions in writing so that C) they can call the vendor on it if things go wrong. It's not the vendor's responsibilty to wait on bated breath hoping they have psychically addressed your every need before you have voiced it or even thought about it.

henearly89

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:00:48 PM
Author: Gypsy

Okay. So let me get this straight. You are talking to WALLYS WACKY WORLD OF DIAMONDS (completely fictional store... I *hope*) , a BIG Lazare dealer, and you ask Wally to source you a non-Lazare stone. Now, you are on PS, so you obviously know how to use the web and on their website in their policies section it says that LAZARE stones qualify for X and Y, and that others are on a case by case basis. You are not buying an Lazare stone, and it is somehow the VENDOR''S fault that it doesn''t occur to you to ask what the specific polices are pertaining to your stone?

How is that the vendor''s fault? YOU didn''t ask. They aren''t telepathic and frankly, some people don''t care about trade in or buy back policies (case in point all of Blue Nile''s customers) how are they supposed to know A) what information you have read, or not read on their websites and B) what questions you have about that information... or in general or whether you are planning to have the purchase appraised, or just plan to let the ring sit in your dresser drawer for 6 months waiting for aquairus rising and pluto to be in a specific orbit when you propose because Madame Zelda told you that you shouldn''t propose until these astrological conditions have been met.

Sorry... I''m not buying that any vendor, PS or otherwise, is to blame because you can''t read policies or ask questions, or *gasp* get things in writing. IF YOU care whether a stone is used or not, it''s your responsibility to understand that A) the industry does not track this B) MANY stones are ''used and C) that there are only certain specific vendors and certain specific stones that will meet your needs and YOU need to ask on a case by case basis if this is the case.
Conduct a basic poll of consumers on the issue of whether or not they care about whether the stone they are buying is used. Not Pricescope consumers. All consumers. Me thinks that if this information was easy to verify and available to consumers, that fact would be the MOST important factor in purchase decisions. More important than carat weight, cut, color, or clarity. The fact is, the industry does not track this BECAUSE it is in their benefit to keep this factor from becoming commonplace. Most consumers do not even realize that the stone they are wearing on their finger may have previously been worn by a couple who got divorced.

As per your earlier comment, this is very easy to do as a consumer. You go to a PS vendor asking about stone x, which qualfies for all of their return polcies. You go to another vendor and find stone Y. You tell the original vendor who says they will source stone Y for you. You had already looked at return policies, and do not realize that stone Y will not qualify for the same polciesi as stone X because the vendor isn''t upfront about it. Happens all the time. Not everyone is diligent enough to check again for fine print with regard to the change. Not everyone knows how the industry works enough to realize that the second stone is consider a sourced stone. Just because YOU are aware of the distinction, doesn''t mean Jane Smith is. Jane Smith can be an educated, active consumer and not realize she is going to get inferior return policies on the second stone. Jane Smith could easily be you when it comes to an industry you are not familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results