shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING FOR AN asscher EXPERT!!! ASSCHER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isabella789

Rough_Rock
I AM ON THE HORNS OF A DILEMMA! i am considering buying an 1.60 carat asscher diamond- D colour, VS1 with table dimensions 6.8 x 6.6 . i''ve been told the dimensions are that of a 2 carat stone so that i should go for it. but someone told me that a table that is large (which it is) might not refract light correctly. shoudl i be concerned???????
i understand that the wholesale price is $Aussie dollars 13750 jsut for the loose stone which seems reasonable. but what are good proportions for an asscher- HEEELLLP!
33.gif
33.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Not an asscher expert but just because a diamond faces up larger than an average diamond would of the same weight, is not always a good thing. Unless you only care about face-up size. Diamonds that are very shallow will not have the same sparkle and brilliance of a diamond with a more excellent cut.

Further information on this asscher will help. Do you have depth, table, girdle info, etc? Pictures are really the best.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you compared it to other asschers? even if the table is big....that may be your preference.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Isabella and Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

I''m not an asscher expert either, but I''ve been through the buying process. Have you checked out the threads in FAQ''s? Thre''s a lot of good info, starting there.

Is this a diamond you have seen in person, or is it an internet diamond? If you''ve seen it in person, the most important thing is whether or not you LOVE it. Asschers are tricky, not like a Round Brilliant. There are so many angles that can vary and different looks that the stone can have.

You can try to post proportions here, but next, the "experts" will ask you for diamond images. My asscher is a little deep (70.2%) and the table is a little wide (65%), but I still love it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
shallow isnt allows bad...
Whats the rest of the info?
depth and table size?
have you seen it?
pictures?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 7:06:17 AM
Author:isabella789
an 1.60 carat asscher diamond- D colour, VS1 with table dimensions 6.8 x 6.6 .

I don''t think those are the dimensions of the TABLE ... I think those are the dimensions for the whole STONE.

Ya need more info in order to decide ... TABLE size is usually in percentages ... i.e. 55% or 65% etc... as is DEPTH. Have you seen pictures of the stone or seen the stone in person??

BTW - if the dimensions are 6.8 x 6.6 -- I doubt that the stone is shallow ... that seems about right for a 1.6 ct asscher???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results