carat
color
clarity

Calling Dancing Fire

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire
Can you point me to reputable preloved watch sites? Do you even recommend buying a preloved watch or is new better? If you had a $4k budget, what would you get? NO ROLEX, bad experience with one.

Thank you! I know you have lots of knowledge, please share with a pser who knows nothing about watches!

It must keep time accurately and be low maintenance. No frills, leather band. Prefer gold but that may be out of budget.

Last edited:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is fun! Please share your watch adventure. I love watches.... they’re so mechanical and all the little pieces work together to keep time! :cool2:

I once belonged to a watch forum and it was very helpful and fun. I think it was watchuseek.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF must be out watching his new diamond twinkling in the sun today! I am sure he will be along shortly - he is the watch man for sure!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you like automatic, handwind or quartz? The latter is the lowest maintenance but is perhaps not seen as being as 'premium' as an auto watch.

If you wear it every day, though, an automatic will never need resetting apart from if you cross time zones :)

'watchrecon' is a site that lists secondhand sales across various watch forums (fora?) - it is useful to see what the market is doing, even if you don't buy from any of the listings.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fashionphile is one

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I need or want or can afford an automatic, lol. Quartz is probably fine for me. I have a Rolex that is terrible. I have had it serviced twice and after a couple of months ot won't keep time at all. Unfortunately it has an AM bezel so Rolex won't fix it. I hate it. My Tag is great but I want a leather strap watch. Thanks for the ideas! I am looking around.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had good luck with Tourneau! I have purchased both new and pre-owned and felt that the customer service was great. They also offer a 2 year warranty on the pre-owned certified watches, which is the same length that you get buying brand new.

https://www.tourneau.com/certified-pre-owned-watches/#prefn1=gender&prefv1=Women's&lastOpenedTab=5

Thanks @Octo2005!

I guess moving parts scare me. Exactly why I am asking about preloved vs. New. Nice to hear of good experiences with preloved.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Not sure how luxury Breitling is considered, but I’ve worn mine every work day for the past 9 years and have had no issues...

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny , do you think it would be worth the money for a quartz model JLC reverso? I really don't want the hassle of winding or setting a watch and it may not be worn daily. I like the reverso and the hipster factor of a JLC vs a Cartier tank but a quartz model JLC may put this in the automatic transmission sports car status, lol! :lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny , do you think it would be worth the money for a quartz model JLC reverso? I really don't want the hassle of winding or setting a watch and it may not be worn daily. I like the reverso and the hipster factor of a JLC vs a Cartier tank but a quartz model JLC may put this in the automatic transmission sports car status, lol! :lol:
I must admit that I'm not familiar with the JLC model range, either current or discontinued, but there are a lot of options on watchrecon!
https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=reverso&brand=jaeger-lecoultre&last_days=0

If they do a quartz model and it is not ridiculous money, I think it could be a good choice - they have the coolness of the rotating dial section and classic good looks, so won't ever really age :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results