shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Carolinian PSers!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I will be in South Carolina for a vacation in August. Do we have any PSers from the Carolinas (DS or SB maybe?)? If anyone would like to get together, let me know! Also, I'd love any recommendations of jewelry shops to visit while I'm in town. :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What town, Rosebloom? There are a few of them in South Carlolina! :D I'm just over the border to the north.

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Seabrook Island. Is that close? Off to check a map...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Yes there are a few of us. PinkJewel and I get together about every month and either do lunch or jewerly shop. She has lived in this area much longer then I have - so I don't have any recommendations. But I would totally do a GTG. I think most of us are 2-3 hours north of where you are. Perhaps we could meet in the middle?

Edit- ok I actually just googled where Seabrook Island is and that is more like 4 hours :nono: I probably won't be able to make it as that is a whole day trip for me.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My parents live in charleston and we usually visit, but not till oct...too bad.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1374264544|3486383 said:
Yes there are a few of us. PinkJewel and I get together about every month and either do lunch or jewerly shop. She has lived in this area much longer then I have - so I don't have any recommendations. But I would totally do a GTG. I think most of us are 2-3 hours north of where you are. Perhaps we could meet in the middle?

Edit- ok I actually just googled where Seabrook Island is and that is more like 4 hours :nono: I probably won't be able to make it as that is a whole day trip for me.

Yes, Seabrook Island is a little too far- I don't know that area at all to make any recommendations. But have a wonderful trip!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, too bad. Seabrook is over 4 hrs from me too. Wish we were closer! Have fun!

--- Laurie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I am going to be at Isle of Palms near Charleston July 26-Aug. 2. I so wish our times coincided!!!!! It is 4+ hours for me, too! Charleston will have some nice shops, but I really haven't done the jewelry stores there, surprisingly, mainly because I just love being at the beach! Plus those shops will be super expensive because it is such a tourist place. But it is certainly worth spending a day down there other than it will be majorly hot at that time. There are nice shops and good food and a lot of history if you want to take some tours!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well next time I'm going to have to ask my inlaws to pick a beach house 4 hours north!!

Too bad it won't work out this time. I'll report back if I discover any great jewelry shops!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1374270406|3486434 said:
Well next time I'm going to have to ask my inlaws to pick a beach house 4 hours north!!

Too bad it won't work out this time. I'll report back if I discover any great jewelry shops!

In actuality, the 4 hours north we are talking about is well inland! In fact, The Charleston area beaches are the closest to where some of us live. We have a much longer drive to beaches in NC. I haven't been to Seabrook but I think it is an excellent choice! Do let us know if you find any good shops! And if I go down there (Charleston) before you, I will explore them and let you know!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS!

I've actually been to Seabrook before and we had a wonderful time. There's a nice Kwiat store nearby (or at least there was a few years ago). I love their things so I'm hoping to pay them a visit!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
In Charleston 2 yrs ago I browsed some great jewelry stores. Don't remember names because, as DS says, prices are for tourists. I'm sure there are really good, reasonable jewelry makers there if you know where to go; for that you need a native buddy gem-lover. It will be hot hot hot -- I nearly died of the heat in May; can't imagine August! But it's a super wonderful city.

Sounds like a fun vacation. Report back if you find good bling places!

--- Laurie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like Geiss Jewelers on East Bay carries Roberto Coin and Kwiat. I might have to take a trip over there!

Demetre Jewelers on King St. carries Rolex so probably has higher end jewelry.

Croghan's Jewel Box is also on King St. and carries estate jewelry.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Croghan's Jewel Box!! Yes!! I remember that store -- spent some happy time there. More than once -- we passed it every morning on our way to find espresso. Definitely worth a peek.

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful tips!!! I'll be visiting them all!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: Welcome to Charleston in August....you are brave!! We have had a very weird, cool, wet summer so far. Am sure it will be nice and hot and humid when you arrive. The good news is, with the exception of Geiss, all the jewelry stores are on King St, so very little distance to walk and you can hit them all.

Geiss Jewelers: branded names like Kwiat, Roberto Coin. They are on East Bay just before Rainbow Row. They also have a separate store on King Street which is only Roberto Coin.

Croghan's Jewel Box: King St. estate pieces and lots of other good stuff to look at.

Nice Ice: Market St between Meeting and King (really it is one store in from King st). Haven't been there in a few years. I remember them having lots of stackers years ago. I bought a pair of lovely rose gold hoop earrings from them years ago. I may stop by there today.

Joint Venture Jewelry: King St. They only carry estate and consignment jewelry. I was in last week and they had two cartier trinity rings, a few OEC rings. Lots to look at! They have a gemologist there, but the other ladies that work the floor don't really know that much about the old cuts etc. I stop by every few weeks to see what new things they have in.

Buckar: King St. This was always my "go to" jewelry store. http://www.buckar.com They specialize in colored stones and design and make their own jewelry. Family of jewelers and designers. They other half of their family is in Toronto, and they often will have some of his pieces, www.jjbuckar.com.. I have three pieces from them. Unfortunately with the change in the economy, they have changed their inventory in the last 6 weeks or so to carry a lower price point of jewelry that they aren't making themselves. I was in about two weeks ago, they still have some interesting things: tanzanite earrings, 5ct pink tormaline ring, and one of the rock crystal brooches.

Demetre: King St. Haven't been there in years. Only went in once to have a watch adjusted. Will pop in there today (have another watch that needs adjusting) and will report back.

Other of the various antique stores will also have some estate jewelry.

I'll let you know if I see anything good in Demetre or Nice Ice.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yow, you're making me want to hop in the car & shuttle out to Charleston! I can feel greed welling up, all green & yummy. :$$):

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh how I wish you all could have been there with me today! I was about to faint from the excitement! Here's a link to some pictures I took at Croghan's.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fabulous-fun-at-croghans-jewel-box-in-charleston-sc.192670/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fabulous-fun-at-croghans-jewel-box-in-charleston-sc.192670/[/URL]

I also went to Demeter (not the best selection of jewelry but watches my hubby wanted to try on). And we had lunch at 2 Bouroughs Larder which was absolutely divine. Highly recommend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results