shape
carat
color
clarity

calling antique jewelry lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

unsworth

Rough_Rock
I went to the original Miami Beach antique jewelry/furniture show this past Feb. and what a treat it was. It was held at the Miami Convention Center and there were 1100 vendors there. At least 2/3 were of antique jewelry. Went with a friend and stayed in a motel overnight. It took us almost 2 days to see all the jewelry. We looked at every single booth in the place. We call it the look and drool walk. By the end of the day our feet hurt but what a fabulous time we had seeing all those antique diamonds! I did get a chance to stop and chat with the owners of Singlestone and Signed pieces. Really nice people. Ari at Singlestone let me try on a 5 ct antique cushion ER to die for. I got so excited I forgot to ask the color and clarity but it did ask the price=45,000 and it didn''t look too big on my size 8 finger either. All the vendors were very friendly, not at all pushy and willing to negotiate. This is definitely the place to go get engaged. Anyhoo, there is a smaller version (400) vendors Oct 24-26 and next years show is Jan 22-29 if anyone is interested. It was my first time and quite an experience. Just wanted to let everyone know. I was also told by several vendors that this is actually the largest antique jewelry show in the world.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 6:50:09 PM
Author:unsworth
I went to the original Miami Beach antique jewelry/furniture show this past Feb. and what a treat it was. It was held at the Miami Convention Center and there were 1100 vendors there. At least 2/3 were of antique jewelry. Went with a friend and stayed in a motel overnight. It took us almost 2 days to see all the jewelry. We looked at every single booth in the place. We call it the look and drool walk. By the end of the day our feet hurt but what a fabulous time we had seeing all those antique diamonds! I did get a chance to stop and chat with the owners of Singlestone and Signed pieces. Really nice people. Ari at Singlestone let me try on a 5 ct antique cushion ER to die for. I got so excited I forgot to ask the color and clarity but it did ask the price=45,000 and it didn''t look too big on my size 8 finger either. All the vendors were very friendly, not at all pushy and willing to negotiate. This is definitely the place to go get engaged. Anyhoo, there is a smaller version (400) vendors Oct 24-26 and next years show is Jan 22-29 if anyone is interested. It was my first time and quite an experience. Just wanted to let everyone know. I was also told by several vendors that this is actually the largest antique jewelry show in the world.

Now that sounds like my idea of a good time!

I wonder if any of these antique shows ever come to the Bay Area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results