shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING ALL HUBBIES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
hey we''ve seen all those beautiful rings that our lovely wives have why not post our wedding bands, or wives you just take a picture and post it if he''s not willing just slip it off his finger while he''s sleeping
24.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Here is Hubby''s band
18 K white
H- VS2
.10 each
tcw .70

swtpkhubbyring1030.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is a great idea! Thanks for starting it... FI needs some wband ideas!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
My husband''s titanium ring:

1-022x.jpg

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
I am totally loving the engraved details on the ring. Always wanted to know...what caused you to choose titanium??

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let''s see the hand shots too
9.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys... I love this ring too. Flutist, I think he''d die before he''d pose for hand pics :) This is actually his second wedding ring. His first was white gold but as my husband works a lot with his hands, he managed to effectively destroy that one in a few weeks. He felt titanium would be more durable and he preferred the look of it as well. It looks great with his titanium watch.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fuffi,
I love your husbands titanium wedding band!! I was just curious as to how durable titanium is and how hard it is?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2005 3:39:54 PM
Author: Fuffi
Thanks guys... I love this ring too. Flutist, I think he''d die before he''d pose for hand pics :) This is actually his second wedding ring. His first was white gold but as my husband works a lot with his hands, he managed to effectively destroy that one in a few weeks. He felt titanium would be more durable and he preferred the look of it as well. It looks great with his titanium watch.
WOW, he''s got websailor beat. Websailor is really rough with his jewelry also. When we got married, I bought him a channel set diamond band for "special ocassions" and he managed to scratch it up in short order. Then he has a comfort fit millgrain band for everyday wear which also has gouges in it, so bad that buffing with jeweler''s rouge won''t remove them. Then I also bought him a comfort fit light band which he also managed to scratch up the only time he has worn it. So he is three for three ... I told him no more w-rings for him for a while. Let''s see if I can get a hand pic from him tonight :)

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
give it a couple of months i''ll scratch mine up too ..... even more

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my THREE wedding bands. LOL... As cflutist described, I am a bit rough on my jewelry (though not as rough as Mr fluffi! !!).

The inside one is my everyday wear ring. When we go out or have a "fancy" occasion, I put on the one with the diamonds. On less "fancy" occasions, but when cflutist thinks she would be embarrased by the gouges and scratches on my everyday ring, I wear the new comfort fit one.

As she said, the FIRST time I wore it, when I was trying to be very very careful, I somehow got a visible scatch on it.....
emotion-41.gif

Oh well, guess I'm just not cut out for fancy jewelry - I'll leave that up to cflutist.
face23.gif

websailors_rings_01_small.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
You can see some of the different wear patterns here.

I''m not so good at explaining this, but my wedding ring from my first marriage (pre-cflutist), was also a gold band, and had a tiny diamond chip buried into the ring - it was not even flush with the surface if I recall. I chipped the diamond somehow!!! Cflutist laughed when she saw that - we still can''t figure out how I did that!

On my part, I am absolutely totally awed by the fact that cflutist''s diamond doesn''t even have a scratch on it with the way her diamond sticks up from her finger!!!!!!!!

websailors_rings_02_small.JPG

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
hey websailor that almost looks like mine

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My husband has had 3 rings in the 5 years we have been married. Well, actually, on our anniversary this year he will get his third ring.

The first was a 10K yellow gold 4 mm comfort fit band. He scratched it up quite a bit over the first few years and it also got to be a bit too small for his finger.

R102B_t.jpg

So I replaced it with an inexpensive titanium and silver comfort fit band. This one was only supposed to be a temporary band until we could get a nicer one, but he kept refusing to get a different one because this one was "good enough".

j00249.001

Yesterday I went and picked up his new ring, which he will receive April 1st. This one is a Frederick Goldman black titanium comfort fit band with an 18K white gold stripe down the middle.

blktitanium.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sweetpinkshubby: Good Idea...
9.gif

josheinf.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my ring (14k wg, size 7 3/4) is waiting for the right diamond to come along ,our anniversary it's comming up next month ,maybe my wife will surprise me with a 2.5 ct stone ......NOT a chance....
9.gif

twopics4365436.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2005 10:25:42 AM
Author:sweetpinkshubby
hey we''ve seen all those beautiful rings that our lovely wives have why not post our wedding bands, or wives you just take a picture and post it if he''s not willing just slip it off his finger while he''s sleeping
24.gif
just want you to know guy''s are out number 4 to 1 on this site and most of the ladies don''t want their hubby to wear a ring.
41.gif
........right Patty ?
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 12:50:44 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/18/2005 10:25:42 AM
Author:sweetpinkshubby
hey we've seen all those beautiful rings that our lovely wives have why not post our wedding bands, or wives you just take a picture and post it if he's not willing just slip it off his finger while he's sleeping
24.gif
just want you to know guy's are out number 4 to 1 on this site and most of the ladies don't want their hubby to wear a ring.
41.gif
........right Patty ?
2.gif
face24.gif
Now I'm crushed! I thought the guys were outnumbered 100 to 1....

emotion-14.gif

PS - anyone noticed you can see us taking the picture in the reflection from the ring that is still somewhat shiny?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 6
6.gif
6:11 PM
Author: websailor

PS - anyone noticed you can see us taking the picture in the reflection from the ring that is still somewhat shiny?

websailor- well, I was actually looking at the BLING
10.gif
on your ''special occasions ring'' but now that you point it out, it''s kinda fun!
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We just found this Friday at www.billbarnes.com!!! He looked at it and knew it was "The One"! We''re going to try and get this custom made locally.

Rounded Celtic Knot. Comfort fit, 8mm wide, wg pictured here.

celt6w.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
*bump*

here''s my hubby''s ring (a hand shot is just NOT gonna happen...!!):

ringo.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I like that ...what metal???

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
His is white gold...because he is so un-careful he would destroy a platinum ring in like....probably 5 seconds.
9.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG, what a beautiful ring, just love those diamonds. Does Mr. FG wear it daily? I just love posting right
after you so our pears can point to each other
emwink.gif

JCJD, the Celtic Knot is very pretty also.

Come on guys, lets see those rings. Is websailor the only one who is brave enough to post a hand shot?
If the gals can do it, the guys can too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
cflutist, any time i get to look at your pear avatar I am happy.
9.gif
Even better when the pears can point hello to each other in tandem!
11.gif

DH does wear his ring daily (it's got the dents to show for it!)...I'll see if I can get a hand shot without knocking him out.
31.gif

Edit: BTW, he DEMANDED that he have bling in his ring!!! So it's not just us...he likes the sparklies too. I showed him one with a single diamond in it...and he was like, "Are you going cheap on me? I want MORE."
27.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So why is it that guys are so rough on their rings? Is it just their nature? Or do they do more
hard labor than us dainty ladies ... LOL

We can wear rings with diamonds that sometimes stick up more than 10mm and they
cannot keep simple bands (with or without diamonds) from being gouged and scratched up.

FG, this is fun ... 4 pears in a row !!!! JCJD, come join us ... we're on a roll ...

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
FireGoddess,
I love that ring! Something like that would be perfect for my husband! What is the carat weight of ring, how much did it cost? Is it wg, platinum?

Thanks!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
almost made it to 5 pears...!!!

Sunni, it is wg (I've seen them in platinum though). I will check the ctw when I dig up the appraisal that came with it. It cost me around $900. That's specifically cuz he has freakishly enormous fingers. I think the ring is a size 13 or 13.5.
23.gif

And I think, regarding the fact that men seem to obliterate their rings, is because they don't ever pay attention to them!! At least DH doesn't. Sometimes his spins (which I'm forever noticing...but he never does)....then I make fun of him because he demanded the freaking diamonds and then he doesn't notice they're not showing. It's certainly not cuz of hard labor in his case...
2.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
although we''re not even officially engaged yet, bf has decided this is the w-ring for him. its titanium from boonerings.com

ericsring2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results