shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling All Diamond Experts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowledbetter

Rough_Rock
I need your help. I need a princess cut diamond, 1.3-1.5 carats, near colorless (D-H based on GIA ratings), clarity is not as important as long as it is eye clean. I would like maximum brilliance, so as close to ideal cut as possible. I also need a pave, white gold ring. My budget is $8500 for the entire ring. I have found a beautiful pave ring for $1,300, so that leaves $6200 for the stone.

I have been on WF, James Allen, GOG, Blue Nile, and numerous B&M''s in the Dallas area and I have not been able to find what I am looking for without really sacrificing on the cut.

I want to propose to my GF this Christmas, so I would like to buy it by the end of this month.

My request is not out of laziness or lack of effort in searching. I just need a little help. My experience thus far with this website is that everyone is very helpful, so I am hoping that my call for help is answered.

(I want to take a moment to thank Garry H., Neil Beaty, Regular Guy, and Neatfreak for their help on other issues.)

yellowledbetter

Rough_Rock
I am starting to wonder if it is better to go smaller and get a high quality, excellent cut diamond and upgrade later, when I am not a full-time graduate student.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 9:46:06 PM
Author: yellowledbetter
I am starting to wonder if it is better to go smaller and get a high quality, excellent cut diamond and upgrade later, when I am not a full-time graduate student.

You could certainly do that too as long as you buy from a great vendor with an upgrade policy! Would you consider dropping to an I? That could open your options up a lot too.

yellowledbetter

Rough_Rock
Will an I be noticeable? I mean does it look like yellowish?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:01:19 PM
Author: yellowledbetter
Will an I be noticeable? I mean does it look like yellowish?

I don''t think so. And I doubt anyone would call an ideally cut I "yellow" even in a princess. A more appropriate term might be "less white" or even "slightly creamy" if anything at all. But you''d have to have pretty good eyes to see that IMO...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Chances are you will never notice any warmth if any, I diamonds are still white :).

Most people notice size and sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results