shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all 1.5 Round Brilliants!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello all! My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 4 years and are thinking of what type of diamond to get. I am in love with the traditional round brilliant cut. I guess i am just cruious as to how big a 1.30 -1.5 carat round diamond would look. I have a size 5 finger, also if anyone has any setting ideas i would appreciate it!
THANKS!
35.gif

ILoveDiamondsToo

Rough_Rock
I have a size 5 finger also and a 1.58 round - I think it covers about 60% when looking down at my finger. You can see mine at the below link (I don''t know why the diamonds in the pictures look yellow because they aren''t yellow at all). I love the euro shank (square on the bottom); my ring doesn''t spin around because of it even though it''s a little loose. Brian & Lesley were wonderful to work with and their diamonds are beautiful. I had someone ask me what cut my ring was - they thought it had to be something besides a traditional brilliant cut because of how sparkly and shining it is.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-ring-and-studs-are-here.118527/

LRISR

Rough_Rock
I LoveDiamondsToo - I have a question about your euroshank. I will be posting a thread over in Rocky Talky if you could take a peek at it I would appreciate it!! Forgive the threadjack Loveitroundbrilliant!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 9:08:54 AM
Author:Loveitroundbrilliant
Hello all! My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 4 years and are thinking of what type of diamond to get. I am in love with the traditional round brilliant cut. I guess i am just cruious as to how big a 1.30 -1.5 carat round diamond would look. I have a size 5 finger, also if anyone has any setting ideas i would appreciate it!

THANKS!
35.gif

Good job asking this question Loveitroundbrilliant. I am in the planning stages of something similar as an upgrade!! That means before I inform dear hubby!!

I will be watching your thread and your ring hunt with interest. Good luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2010 9:08:54 AM
Author:Loveitroundbrilliant
THANKS!
35.gif
Hi loveit

[/url] , often it notes the finger size.

The chart below gives an approximate guide to the amount of finger coverage of a particular carat weight.

RBCSizeOnFingerCP43543.jpg

I love your ring! It is so beautiful! I guess i never thought of diamonds around the band!

Does anyone have pictures of a round brilliant diamond around 1.5 c?

joelly

Ideal_Rock

ILoveDiamondsToo

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I love the diamonds around the band. Mine are 2 pointers, so the band is pretty thin. I went to lots of jewelry stores figuring out what I liked before we had the ring made.

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i also have a size five finger and a round brilliant.
my diamond is 1.48 carat and the setting is a 2.7mm.
my wedding band is a 2 carat shared prong eternity band.

hanson2.jpg

STEPHANSON - Thank you so much for you picture.I am really new to this site and i am still trying to find my way around it. I love your set! Your rings are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Do you think that the 1.48 carat is too big for your finger or do you think it is just right? I think your set is just amazing!

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:42:43 PM
Author: Loveitroundbrilliant
STEPHANSON - Thank you so much for you picture.I am really new to this site and i am still trying to find my way around it. I love your set! Your rings are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Do you think that the 1.48 carat is too big for your finger or do you think it is just right? I think your set is just amazing!
you''re very welcome. i love the size of my solitair, it fits perfectly. i only worry that its too big for my age. i''m only 25 and it seems most women my age have smaller. but i wouldnt change anything. my husband bought me these rings cause he loves me and i love him.

Well i think your rings are perfect! Much luck to you and your husband! and thank you for your pictures.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine with just my plain wedding band. I wear a size 4.5, although my actual ering is a 4.25. It is 1.53 cts.

025ehrrr.JPG

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 10:11:25 AM
Author: EHR2009
Here is mine with just my plain wedding band. I wear a size 4.5, although my actual ering is a 4.25. It is 1.53 cts.

EHR2009 - I love how your ering looks with the plain band
30.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Londongirl! I like to wear it that way, too.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that''s a fabulous stone size for size 4-5ish fingers - very substantial :)

lucky_D

Rough_Rock
I wear a size 4.5 and here is my ring. It is a little bit deep, so the width is closer to a 1.6 ct. I think in your size 5 finger, it should look very close.

EHR2009 - Your ring is beautiful! I love the solitaire band.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 9:34:50 AM
EHR2009 - Your ring is beautiful! I love the solitaire band.

Thanks! I can''t wait to see yours!!

pinksparkle

Rough_Rock
Here is my ring. Center diamond is 1.5 carats. Ring size 5.5.

pricescope112.jpg

LLynn

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are also looking into a 1.5 ct RB! I would really like to see if people can post pictures of their 1.5 (approximately) RB''s on their hands but from further away so I can see what they look like in relation to your hand! I have pretty petite hands (ring size about 5 1/2).

It seems like sometimes upclose hand shots make the diamond seem bigger, or just make it hard to see how big the diamond really "looks".

Any pictures would be SUPER appreciated!!

I love your rings, i am just in love with the 1.5 center round brilliant diamond. I am just wondering for a 1.5 carat diamond would a H color diamond be ok? I don''t want my diamond to be yellow, but i have heard that an H color diamond is the best color becuase it is less expensive and you can''t tell the color tint when it is mounted. Any ideas?
17.gif

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2010 6:06:15 PM
Author: LLynn
My boyfriend and I are also looking into a 1.5 ct RB! I would really like to see if people can post pictures of their 1.5 (approximately) RB''s on their hands but from further away so I can see what they look like in relation to your hand! I have pretty petite hands (ring size about 5 1/2).

It seems like sometimes upclose hand shots make the diamond seem bigger, or just make it hard to see how big the diamond really ''looks''.

Any pictures would be SUPER appreciated!!

For "far away" shots, check out the "Real life perspective" thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/real-life-perspective.111753/

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 9:43:04 PM
I love your rings, i am just in love with the 1.5 center round brilliant diamond. I am just wondering for a 1.5 carat diamond would a H color diamond be ok? I don''t want my diamond to be yellow, but i have heard that an H color diamond is the best color becuase it is less expensive and you can''t tell the color tint when it is mounted. Any ideas?
17.gif
I think H in this size may show the slightest hint of color in some lighting environments, but then there is some lighting that will make almost any diamond appear tinted
2.gif
To me H is still a very colorless grade, and I have owned lower and higher colored diamonds. Can you go see diamonds in person to know for yourself how you feel about the color?

Date: 4/12/2010 12:17:47 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 4/11/2010 9:43:04 PM

17.gif

I think H in this size may show the slightest hint of color in some lighting environments, but then there is some lighting that will make almost any diamond appear tinted
2.gif
To me H is still a very colorless grade, and I have owned lower and higher colored diamonds. Can you go see diamonds in person to know for yourself how you feel about the color?

Thanks! I am going to go and check it out, I really don''t know a ton about diamonds, but I heard this was the "best" value. Off to go hunting :)

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
I *LOVE* your set, the plain metal with a huge white diamond popping out looks simple but so beautiful at the same time
30.gif
I hope to have a wedding set like that one day in the future... on a smaller scale
4.gif

ETA: EHR2009 I was referring to your ring, post didn't quote.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results