shape
carat
color
clarity

Cali Earthquake...y'all ok?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heard about it and wanted to see if you all were ok on the left coast!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t feel anything in the Bay. Do we have PSers in Fresno or Bakersfield?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I felt it. Strong and long. I’m in so cal. We are all ok, thank you for asking. My family who lives 8 miles from me did not feel it though.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala @JPie I'm so glad to hear all is OK. Does look like it was a pretty good jolt and they're saying at to expect at least 5.0 aftershocks....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t feel anything in the Bay. Do we have PSers in Fresno or Bakersfield?

Was it centered in Fresno/Bakersfield? I will have to go to a map to see how close they are to each other. My friends and family are all on the coast. I'm glad our Pricescopers are all OK.

Deb :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in SoCal too. I felt it. This is the second time in my life I have been caught in an earthquake while in the shower. My first thought was 'not again!' We didn't have anything even fall over. My husband was on the road coming home and he felt it too. It's a weird sensation to be driving and feel one. It's hard to recognize what it is at first. You are not sure if its the road or your car until you can get a sense of stuff moving outside in a different direction than inside your car.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m glad everyone is okay....

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear there were no pricescoper injuries or incidents. Having lived through the 2011 Christchurch earthquake, it always triggers a few scary memories!

My ex husband and I were sitting on a Cafe on the big on moment. It was a multi story concrete block style modern building and we heard this huge rumble coming and it just shoved us off our seats, plates of food and hot cups OD coffee went flying, we dived under the table and then once it had finally stopped we raced out and ran to our car. We had 3 children at school that afternoon and our youngest had just started his first day a week earlier!

Sitting in traffic on the way to school and there were some pretty major aftershocks and it is the weirdest feeling, like your on a waterbed in your car, but the waterbed is a raging whitewater rapid!

I'm praying that there are no more major aftershocks in California and that everything will settle down and noone will be injured xx

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear there were no pricescoper injuries or incidents. Having lived through the 2011 Christchurch earthquake, it always triggers a few scary memories!

My ex husband and I were sitting on a Cafe on the big on moment. It was a multi story concrete block style modern building and we heard this huge rumble coming and it just shoved us off our seats, plates of food and hot cups OD coffee went flying, we dived under the table and then once it had finally stopped we raced out and ran to our car. We had 3 children at school that afternoon and our youngest had just started his first day a week earlier!

Sitting in traffic on the way to school and there were some pretty major aftershocks and it is the weirdest feeling, like your on a waterbed in your car, but the waterbed is a raging whitewater rapid!

I'm praying that there are no more major aftershocks in California and that everything will settle down and noone will be injured xx
That sounds so scary @Weeivy73..I’m glad you and your family are okay!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we just had another one! We are ok! It’s a 6.9

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a good reminder to check your emergency kit and the fine print on your insurence policies and make sure you know where all your important documents are and revisit your family's emergency plans

my sister lost her house in Christchurch but it was just a house and all our family was ok

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe Nala!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We felt the one this evening much more than yesterday. It lasted about a minute and the water in our pool was surging back and forth from end to end with huge amounts sloshing over the sides. Our chandeliers were swinging about like crazy. Fortunately it doesn't seem like we had any damage, although it's dark now outside, so will have to do a better inspection in the morning.

Ridgecrest, the epicenter of the quake, is in the high Mojave Desert about 75 miles East of Bakersfield. The 75 miles includes about 40 miles of a 6,000 ft high mountain range. The fact the quake had enough power to move that mountain range and still get to us amazes me, we are insignificant compared to this.

We just got another small after shock, those poor people in Ridgecrest must be going thru hell.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We felt the one this evening much more than yesterday. It lasted about a minute and the water in our pool was surging back and forth from end to end with huge amounts sloshing over the sides. Our chandeliers were swinging about like crazy. Fortunately it doesn't seem like we had any damage, although it's dark now outside, so will have to do a better inspection in the morning.

Ridgecrest, the epicenter of the quake, is in the high Mojave Desert about 75 miles East of Bakersfield. The 75 miles includes about 40 miles of a 6,000 ft high mountain range. The fact the quake had enough power to move that mountain range and still get to us amazes me, we are insignificant compared to this.

We just got another small after shock, those poor people in Ridgecrest must be going thru hell.
keep sturdy walking shoes/ boots
by the bed just in case
i went to bed with my steel caped work boots on for a few nights after the Kikarura earthquake - it struck in the middle of the night and went for a couple of minutes and scared the shit out of me
i hope you get no more aftershocks

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
does not look nice on the news tonight
seven point something and shellow
hope no one was killed or serously injuried

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope all PSers are Ok. Stay safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping all California PSers in my thoughts and prayers and relieved you are all safe and sound. Stay safe.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We felt that one last night. I thought my husband had restless legs or something. I told him to quit shaking his legs. We were sitting on our bed watching tv and I was getting drowsy. Haha. He wasn't to happy with me but he often does that without even realizing it and it always startles me a little bit as it shakes the bed. I never even thought to look at our pool, but we didn't have a single thing fall.
Our house is completely strapped and is on tension set concrete so it rolls as a unit. We have been through all the major earthquakes here in southern ca. We lived in Whittier for the one in 1987 and the 88 one. For some reason, they don't scare me. There are many things that do, and I can't explain why they don't. I have many friends that I know are terrified. I also feel better knowing my husband will be home if we have more. As a firefighter for more than 30 years, he was never home for anything. It became a running joke at our house. I had to learn how to do it all if something happened, it was me or nothing.
Thinking of all the shaken people in Ridgecrest and praying for the best for them. Hopefully, they had the last aftershock and things settle down for another long long time.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish all the best to those of you in California. When I was in college I took some summer courses in physical geography at UC Berkeley. What I learned about earthquakes in those classes made me decide never to live in the Bay area, even though I had fallen in love with it. I am not as brave as you people!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. It was a restless night. Still praying that last one was an actual earthquake and not a predecessor. Welcome your prayers.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother lives in San Diego and he said eek! but he's fine.. Crazy times, I read that the area will have probably another aftershock in the 6 range.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother lives in San Diego and he said eek! but he's fine.. Crazy times, I read that the area will have probably another aftershock in the 6 range.
An aftershock would be preferable to the big one. But no one knows if the last one was the real deal or the foreshock. We usually take quakes lightly in So Cal. My hubby is a Ca baby and is usually chill. Last night really freaked him out tho. I heard the first 36 hours are the most active ones so I’m just laying low.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala lay low and hoping it's an aftershock if it happens at all. Take good care of yourself and the fam girl!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it was THE BIG ONE, because I think Lucy Jones has said that is expected on the San Andreas fault. Not to say that there couldn’t be a huge one on one of the many other faults, and some could trigger THE BIG ONE. I heard her say in the last couple days that these wouldn’t trigger the SA fault because they are not close enough in proximity to each other for that to happen.

For those not in SoCal- Lucy Jones is the seismologist who always comes on the news as the expert talking about the earthquakes. She started doing this as a young woman when I was in my twenties. I feel like we have grown old together, lol.

An aftershock would definitely be preferable @nala! Hoping you don’t sustain any damage either! It certainly was a big one.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yikes! How scary! Glad everyone is ok! Stay safe!!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We felt it last night in San Diego. 20 seconds of the house shaking. I knew it had to have been a pretty big one up north. Stay safe everyone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I was thinking of you all last night!! Please keep us up to date as to the conditions there when you can!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
last night i lay in bed worrying if our house is strapped onto it's piles.
those poor people in California

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results