shape
carat
color
clarity

cakes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking about cakes this week. When I was looking for my grandparents'' anniversary I got to see a bunch of cakes I really like.

I love the elegance and tradition of a white cake with flowers. Lots of flowers. Or just a few flowers.

Then again, I LOVE chocolate. It is me. And it can look so rich and elegant.

FF suggested that chocolate and a white dress might not be the best combination.

What do you ladies think? Is chocolate okay? Too scary to get near a white dress? Not traditional enough?
HELP!!!! I''ve been stuck thinking about this since January and when the time comes to buy one I don''t want to get stuck.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Just Personally, i would avoid a chocolate cake when im wearing white. BUT thats just me, im super accident prones, think Twilight''s Bella but worse.

I Love a tradintional white cake, but with weird fillings, like Passion Fruit or White Chocolate, and Red Velvet cake is my all time favorite.

You can always play with the fillings like white chocolate, or strawberries, or whatever is favorite fruit.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Confession: I don''t like cake. I like the way some cakes look, but I really just don''t enjoy it. Neither does B.

Would we be weird if we had pie?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 3:46:54 PM
Author: misskitty
Confession: I don''t like cake. I like the way some cakes look, but I really just don''t enjoy it. Neither does B.

Not at all. I actually daydream about wedding pie WAY more than I dream about wedding cake! There''s a certain bakery on Long Island that I would LOVE to have pie from when I get married - too bad I want a DW. Getting pie from LI to Mexico might be a bit of a hassle.
39.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

At a close friend''s wedding last year, they had pie instead of cake. All sorts of pie - pumpkin, apple, chocolate... it was AWESOME! I loved that they did something untraditional!

So, no - I don''t think it would be weird at all.
1.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 3:55:16 PM
Author: TooPatient

Cheesecake wedding cake. MMmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.wilton.com/idea/3-Tier-Wedding-Cheesecake

Would probably work for pies too.

Ooh, that sounds and looks delicious!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I have to confess.....i hate pies. I only like Pecan and Pumpkin. Im not a huge fan of baked fruit and neither is C. We both love cakes. oooo, and my least favorite pie is pumpkin for some reason.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 4:53:21 PM
Author: Jessie702
I have to confess.....i hate pies. I only like Pecan and Pumpkin. Im not a huge fan of baked fruit and neither is C. We both love cakes. oooo, and my least favorite pie is pumpkin for some reason.
No key lime or lemon merangue? Those don''t actually have the fruit in them...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

Date: 9/15/2009 4:56:43 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 9/15/2009 4:53:21 PM
Author: Jessie702
No key lime or lemon merangue? Those don''t actually have the fruit in them...
Lemon Merangue, Yes, Key Lime, No, the key lime is too tart for me. I usualy just have a bite of it, than i scrap the key lime part off and eat the crust. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results