shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs Pink & Orange Flower ring- suggestions?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
Ever had a design in mind and once the CAD was done the ring design doesn't look quite as good as it did in your brain?
So I have 7.5mm pink tourmaline and twenty-five 2mm spess garnets for halo. I Want a fun flower colorful happy ring.
I'm the one who asked DK to design the ring this way. I just want to use as many of the 2mm spess as possible. But they look so squished together, like they are sufficating.

Any suggestions? Any thoughts? If so please provide photo examples.

48680_2.jpg il_570xN.1590506709_1d1z.jpg 54651-QUAD.jpg

KLC

Shiny_Rock
I like it. But you have to like it, not me. Have you considered adding some milgrain details? You could space out the spess a bit more and still have the sparkle. Something similar to what I'm imagining... Screenshot_2019-07-28-09-05-00.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is, but would you feel better about it if there were some ‘stations’ of groups of spess or singletons that were outlined in a very fine metal petal shape?
What metal are you thinking?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. But you have to like it, not me. Have you considered adding some milgrain details? You could space out the spess a bit more and still have the sparkle. Something similar to what I'm imagining... Screenshot_2019-07-28-09-05-00.png

I like the seperation of the stones with the milgrain in your photo. Great suggestion. Thanks!!;))

Reactions: KLC

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really pretty to me. I wonder if you will be happier with the real ring. The prongs in the CAD make it look more cluttered than it is.

Maybe. All I see is overcrowding right now. U could be right though.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is, but would you feel better about it if there were some ‘stations’ of groups of spess or singletons that were outlined in a very fine metal petal shape?
What metal are you thinking?

I was moving toward the thinking of having the spess in groups of three on petal shapes. The halo would be in yellow gold...including petals.

Thank you. I suggested Same. Hope the 2nd set of CADs knock me off me feet.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!!:))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
Ever had a design in mind and once the CAD was done the ring design doesn't look quite as good as it did in your brain?
So I have 7.5mm pink tourmaline and twenty-five 2mm spess garnets for halo. I Want a fun flower colorful happy ring.
I'm the one who asked DK to design the ring this way. I just want to use as many of the 2mm spess as possible. But they look so squished together, like they are sufficating.

Any suggestions? Any thoughts? If so please provide photo examples.

48680_2.jpg il_570xN.1590506709_1d1z.jpg 54651-QUAD.jpg
I would probably put a row of small white melee (diamond or white zircon) around the pink tourmaline as a demarcation between the tourmaline and the spessartite. You don’t want an ombré ring, but the tourmaline may get lost surrounded by so much orange. Maybe a green stone in the melee here and there or immediately surrounding the tourmaline might help the tourmaline pop more. Warm colors tend to compete with each other, but adding a cool color in the mix would help both the spessartite and the tourmaline stand on their own.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably put a row of small white melee (diamond or white zircon) around the pink tourmaline as a demarcation between the tourmaline and the spessartite. You don’t want an ombré ring, but the tourmaline may get lost surrounded by so much orange. Maybe a green stone in the melee here and there or immediately surrounding the tourmaline might help the tourmaline pop more. Warm colors tend to compete with each other, but adding a cool color in the mix would help both the spessartite and the tourmaline stand on their own.

I agree with contrasting the cool and warm colors. I have another ring project where I will be implementing that look.
For this design I wanted just warm colors. Maybe haloing the tour with wg beaded metal may create the same look ... hmm

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with contrasting the cool and warm colors. I have another ring project where I will be implementing that look.
For this design I wanted just warm colors. Maybe haloing the tour with wg beaded metal may create the same look ... hmm

Oh I love that idea! The beaded metal idea.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just remember how teensy 2mm stones are, and that milgraining each of them could significantly add to the cost. Have you considered adding some pinks to the melee? Just a few, maybe at the tip of each petal. It's going to be gorgeous, no matter what!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider using some sort of outline to give it that distinctive flower shape. Without the petals it kinda comes off as a star shape (in my eyes at least).

ETA: I LOVE your gallery!

CA86B18C-E680-4B26-8200-095B79DD3A95.jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider using some sort of outline to give it that distinctive flower shape. Without the petals it kinda comes off as a star shape (in my eyes at least).

ETA: I LOVE your gallery!

CA86B18C-E680-4B26-8200-095B79DD3A95.jpeg

OMG! Elle, I:love:ve the this!! I just sent it to Amy. I hope she can replicate it!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Elle, I:love:ve the this!! I just sent it to Amy. I hope she can replicate it!!!

Happy to help. :mrgreen2: I have no doubt they can do it. David Klass jewelry is awesome (and I’ve used them for almost all my rings). I love the pink / orange color combo...it’s going to be such a fun and gorgeous ring.

Ps. Your profile pic ring is goals. I seriously love it so freaking much! :kiss2:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like the petals are also angled downward which when looking straight down at the ring will potentially give that 'squished' quality you're talking about. While they are doing new CADs to incorporate the design element from @elle_71125 perhaps also ask him to either 'flatten' the head a hair.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher you sure know how to bring a CS project to life!!! The color combo is so bright!!! Omg!! The YG halo really makes the spess pop too!! I appreciate the prong placement as well!!! To SEE this. Breathtaking!!! Thank you so much:love::love::cheeky:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to help. :mrgreen2: I have no doubt they can do it. David Klass jewelry is awesome (and I’ve used them for almost all my rings). I love the pink / orange color combo...it’s going to be such a fun and gorgeous ring.

Ps. Your profile pic ring is goals. I seriously love it so freaking much! :kiss2:

Thanks for the profile pick shout out. Just thought a photo combining my two favorite things...rose champaign and Ering at a glance would put a smile on my face...they do:D;))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So DK recieved my stones. My stone is a tad larger than the CADs so the will be 8 petals and the spess will be pave set not prong set

I appreciate everyone who shared there thoughts and suggestions. You were a huge help in me getting me the right direction of a design i'd love and be confident with.=)2:appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It's done!!!

Can wait to see on my hand:appl:

DKPV2019-08-23---OH---54651 --1.jpg

It’s so bright and cheerful! :appl:

Did it turn out as you expected? I totally suck at reading CADs so am curious.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait either. Love the pave and the prongs. Lots of cool details

They surprised me with the cool milgrain detail on the petals!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so bright and cheerful! :appl:

Did it turn out as you expected? I totally suck at reading CADs so am curious.

Thanks!!
I wanted a this pink tour ( birthstone) to be my bright happy flower ring. It turned out better than expected!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results