shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help please

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got the CAD's on my new ring that I am making with LAD and could use some assistance please. I already had a few questions for Erica, but wanted to organize my thoughts and be more informed so I don't waste her time with a million questions.

I think it looks great, but I am new to CAD's and wanted to make sure I am not missing something. She has it on her instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkV2PHlsPq/?taken-by=loveaffairdiamonds ,but I can try and post some screen shots later if that is more helpful.

My goal was a dainty platinum ring (size 6) with a lotus basket (Anne setting) and 8 small claw prongs, slight cathedral with pave shoulders (Becca) and full engraved band.

I know I am requesting to make a "frankenring" out of several of her current pieces, but I think that the elements will look nice together.

Would love your feedback - Thank you in advance

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the CAD's on my new ring that I am making with LAD and could use some assistance please. I already had a few questions for Erica, but wanted to organize my thoughts and be more informed so I don't waste her time with a million questions.

I think it looks great, but I am new to CAD's and wanted to make sure I am not missing something. She has it on her instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkV2PHlsPq/?taken-by=loveaffairdiamonds ,but I can try and post some screen shots later if that is more helpful.

My goal was a dainty platinum ring (size 6) with a lotus basket (Anne setting) and 8 small claw prongs, slight cathedral with pave shoulders (Becca) and full engraved band.

I know I am requesting to make a "frankenring" out of several of her current pieces, but I think that the elements will look nice together.

Would love your feedback - Thank you in advance
I see nothing wrong with the CAD. It all depends on what you, aesthetically, find appealing. It’s beautiful!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that on IG and thought it looked really pretty...I dont see anything I would change.

What metal are you doing it in? 4+carats...cant wait to see this one!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that on IG and thought it looked really pretty...I dont see anything I would change.

What metal are you doing it in? 4+carats...cant wait to see this one!
Thank you!
Platinum

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 and @natasha-cupcake
Thank you. I agree, I really like it. I guess I am so used to seeing multipage long threads adjusting CAD's that I figured in my excitement I must be missing something.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just can second what tyty3333 has said. I have seen this CAD on Erica’s IG, and my first thought had been, what a perfect setting it is. I could imagine it for my OEC! I wouldn’t change anything!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see nothing wrong with the CAD. It all depends on what you, aesthetically, find appealing. It’s beautiful!
Thank you.
IMG_3494.JPG

This is what I sent her and we emailed back and forth a bit. She suggested nixing the pave donut, which we did. I believe it will be milgrain now. I requested bits and pieces from her various rings and I think that she really nailed it. As I said in another post I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something in my excitement since we usually see long threads tweaking CAD's

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just can second what tyty3333 has said. I have seen this CAD on Erica’s IG, and my first thought had been, what a perfect setting it is. I could imagine it for my OEC! I wouldn’t change anything!
Thank you @dkata - Your ring is beautiful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.
IMG_3494.JPG

This is what I sent her and we emailed back and forth a bit. She suggested nixing the pave donut, which we did. I believe it will be milgrain now. I requested bits and pieces from her various rings and I think that she really nailed it. As I said in another post I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something in my excitement since we usually see long threads tweaking CAD's

I think it’s perfect! :mrgreen2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it is very beautiful as is. I really love the basket, such intricate swooping lines.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have received the sketches with all of the measurements from Erica and I think it looks good. Please let me know if you see any issues. We have not had a wax mold made yet because I wanted to make sure that it didn't need further tweeking to accommodate the band that Erica is also making.

But in the interim, I started to worry a little that maybe the stone needs to be raised a smidge.
The stone is 6.17 deep. If I am looking at this correctly that would leave 0.36 between the culet and the donut - do you think that is enough? Thanks for all of your help.
IMG-20180323-WA0002.jpg

Edited for typos: Darn autocorrect, that's not what I wanted to say

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results