shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help for Emerald Cut Wedding Band

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!
David Klass made our sapphire and diamond engagement ring. We received a lot of help and support from your community. THANK YOU! I'm back because we have returned to David to get our wedding bands. I am looking for your help and ideas with this CAD they have shared. At this point I would like the band to be a little thinner. I'm open to other suggestions or things I may be missing. To be honest I'm not quite sure what else to look for. I did try something similar to this on so I know they style of this band compliments my ring.

I'm attaching a picture of my engagement ring as well for reference.

Thank you!!!
39874-quad.jpg eng ring.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, it looks like the prongs and/or diamonds might rub on the underneath of the engagement ring - have you considered getting a thin (1mm?) band to wear between them as a spacer?

Your engagement ring is beautiful BTW :))

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All!
David Klass made our sapphire and diamond engagement ring. We received a lot of help and support from your community. THANK YOU! I'm back because we have returned to David to get our wedding bands. I am looking for your help and ideas with this CAD they have shared. At this point I would like the band to be a little thinner. I'm open to other suggestions or things I may be missing. To be honest I'm not quite sure what else to look for. I did try something similar to this on so I know they style of this band compliments my ring.

I'm attaching a picture of my engagement ring as well for reference.

Thank you!!!
39874-quad.jpg eng ring.jpg

What part of the band do you want to be thinner? What are the dimensions of the EC’s? I agree with @OoohShiny that the rings may rub against each other & cause an issue; a spacer will def. prevent that from happening.
Lovely idea. It should look amazing, when it’s finished. :mrgreen2:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @OoohShiny :) getting a spacer is something I will discuss with them. Is that something others buy elsewhere or is that something I should get them to make? @Matthews1127 I am not sure what the dimensions are of the emerald cut stones. They said it will be 1.12 will be total cts. I want the bottom side to be thinner. The part where there are no diamonds and only platinum. Thank you both for your input.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful e-ring!

Just a thought... Are you planning on soldering them together? If not, you may want to consider getting a full eternity with maybe a tiny space where it could easily be enlarged if necessary. Otherwise the non-diamond part will often be showing as it spins around your finger. Soldering will also take care of the “rubbing” concern.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I think I will have them change it to a usetting. Similar to the one in the link.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @OoohShiny :) getting a spacer is something I will discuss with them. Is that something others buy elsewhere or is that something I should get them to make? @Matthews1127 I am not sure what the dimensions are of the emerald cut stones. They said it will be 1.12 will be total cts. I want the bottom side to be thinner. The part where there are no diamonds and only platinum. Thank you both for your input.

FYI...Each emerald is 3.3 X 2.3 according to the CADs. The prong setting looks pretty low already but he may be able to make it lower with u-prongs. I
do like being able to see the side of the stones which the u-prong allows.

Your ering is lovely!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @tyty333 . I have been looking at a few emerald cut bands to see if there are other elements I like too. If anyone has an emerald band they like feel free to share. I am finding there are very few of them especially set east-west.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @OoohShiny :) getting a spacer is something I will discuss with them. Is that something others buy elsewhere or is that something I should get them to make?
I'm sure DK would be able and happy to make a 1mm spacer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results