shape
carat
color
clarity

Byard Brogan OEC Ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunday night I was browsing online and came across this goodie. It was an auction that ended in two hours and it had a decent amount of bids on it. I had a number in my head and didn't get my hopes up

Well as it turns out, I won the auction and came in under my max bid! Per the auction it is a half carat OEC with I color and SI2 clarity, the inclusions are under two prongs. It is a size 9 so its currently way too big but I put a cheap plastic sizer on so I can at least wear it for now. The head is 6.5mm wide in white gold with a scalopped edge, a type of illusion setting designed to make the diamond look bigger. I love illusion settings since my mom had one for her engagement ring. This one dates to the 40's or 50's yellow gold band and white gold head.

Anyways here are the pics, sorry if they came out huge, I resize and crop but can never tell if it does anything! Sadly there is no sun today so I will take a few more on a sunnier day.

IMG_9892.JPG IMG_9894.JPG IMG_9896.JPG IMG_9901.JPG IMG_9906.JPG IMG_9924.JPG IMG_9934.JPG IMG_9936.JPG IMG_9938.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @InsecureSweetGirl, this means a whole lot coming from the chick that scored those amazing rose cuts, talk about absolutely stunning stones:roll2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn LOL! I just sent off an email to DK about them... and now I hold my breath and wait!

Anyway, what a gorgeous stone you got! And the setting! Have you looked at the Brogan website? It's not very well designed HTML but there are photos up of the designs.... maybe yours is on there?

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Steph, that's gorgeous! That stone is yummy!
Love, love, love!
I have a soft spot about that setting style, too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl, I haven't looked at the website, will have to check it out. Can't wait to see the finished piece with those stones, I know the waiting is excruciating, I'm having a necklace made and the designer is in Europe so we only correspond once a day, I have gained an enormous amount of patience from this experience lol!

@stracci2000, thanks, it is a sweet little stone and is pretty neat with that "ruffled" edge, I'm still kind of in shock that I won the auction lol!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a cupcake, and so full and chubby and sparkly, congratulations!
#HappyDance

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @foxinsox, I was admiring your e-ring with that new band you bought recently off PS. I'm starting to think I spend way too much time on here since I seem to recognize everyone's new acquisitions lol!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @foxinsox, I was admiring your e-ring with that new band you bought recently off PS. I'm starting to think I spend way too much time on here since I seem to recognize everyone's new acquisitions lol!
I KNOW! I "know" so many people by their rings which tells me I spend way too much time looking at them! :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, I cannot believe how your collection has grown recently. So many great old cuts!!!
Diamond addiction is incurable, you know.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you aren't kidding, the only way I'm able to get any of these is the art of the deal, you know how it goes, pawn shops, last minute auctions etc.

Also some of what I get I do buy with the intent to resell. Notice I said INTENT lol! It is hard to part with the rocks, I can sell Shortcake dolls all day but when it comes to the jewels I hesitate a bit!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the diamond's high crown and chunky facets. So romantic. :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, another nice buy! This ring is really cute and a nice addition to your collection. Makes me want to go out trolling pawn shops and/or binge-searching Ebay!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @LisaRN, she is very charming for sure, its funny because she didn't look so great in pictures but they never do right?

@natasha-cupcake watch out because it becomes a sickness! There is always another something around the corner!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is so beautiful....and looks perfect on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results