shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying smaller diamonds online help!

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Bec____, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Bec____
    Rough_Rock

by Bec____ » Sep 11, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy loose diamonds online for my five stone ring and was wondering if blue nile is a good place to buy from? Especially since i won't be able to see the diamonds in real life before i buy. I am in australia and will get the diamonds set at a local jeweller here.

I am currently looking at 0.35ct colour H & SI1 excellent cut quality diamonds. I thought these specifications would be okay since i'm buying smaller diamonds and my setting will be all yellow gold. Thoughts?

Having to pick 5 diamonds online is getting a bit overwhelming and i'm not sure what i should be looking for on the GIA reports to exclude a diamond? Can anyone help me with this? So far i have come up with excluding diamonds that have a comment of cloudy on the report...

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! =)2

2. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Sep 11, 2019
    Is there a reason you cant buy a 5 stone ring from one of the trusted online vendors ? Do you need your jeweler to set them?

3. Bec____
    Rough_Rock

by Bec____ » Sep 11, 2019
    Hi @lovedogs
    Yes i am much more comfortable getting my local jeweller to set the stones into a ring. And so far it is looking cheaper to do it this way.

4. KKJohnson
    Brilliant_Rock

AV_ likes this.