shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying online or out of state: what about lifetime guarantees?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bottomrock

Rough_Rock
Specifically regarding engagement rings... Many jewelers offer lifetime guarantees on the setting and what not. This seems easy enough if purchasing from a local jeweler... It should be easy enough to return for periodic evaluations and repairs. What do people do when purchasing diamond rings from out of state or online? Do most people just end up finding a local jeweler for upkeep?

Thanks in advance

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/20/2006 10:59:57 PM
Author:bottomrock
Specifically regarding engagement rings... Many jewelers offer lifetime guarantees on the setting and what not. This seems easy enough if purchasing from a local jeweler... It should be easy enough to return for periodic evaluations and repairs. What do people do when purchasing diamond rings from out of state or online? Do most people just end up finding a local jeweler for upkeep?

Thanks in advance
Well this might not seem as hard as you might think.

When purchasing out of state from a jeweler it depends on who manufactured the setting. If it was a goldsmith or custom job I personally would send the ring back to the point of origin to have any work done on it since they would be familiar with the ring or setting.

Many vendors also sell lines like "Dvatche" in which have a lifetime gaurantee for their craftsmanship, but you need to send the ring to them in order for the gaurantee to stay in affect. If any work is done on the ring/setting other than the sompany who produced the setting, the gaurantee will be VOID.

Cleanings and general maintenance which excludes sizing or any other fabrication to the original ring or setting I would let a trusted local jeweler handle. Anything outside this realm I would send to the Designer or Goldsmith who created the ring/setting.

Hope this Helps...
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results