shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Furniture Online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikytalky

Rough_Rock
MMM. We love Mitchell Gold pieces as well. Can you tell us where to get MG stuff for cheap? I called black's and they do not carry Mitchell Gold.
sad.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
wish I knew! I think there is an outlet somewhere...washington? dunno....I'm pretty sure they make pottery barn furniture..which is funny b/c I don't like pottery barn...lol...there's got to be some place online and in NC that carries it...hmmm...will have to take a looksie! But I'm at the point of covering all of my furniture in plastic and double sided stick tape...my cats are everywhere and there is fur everywhere. I'd just love a new leather chair...maybe as a scratching post...

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Mitchell Gold makes great furniture, and you can buy a few of their pieces in Storehouse furniture. I think MG has a factory outlet somewhere in southwest VA or in NC.

Storehouse and Mitchell Gold are both owned by The Rowe Company, which also owns Rowe Furniture. You can often buy some of the same Rowe pieces that sell for $1400+ in Storehouse from other sellers for hundreds less.

I can also recommend Rose Furniture in North Carolina. They will ship all over the place and saved over $400 on a leather chair I just bought. Cost only $85 for delivery and in-home setup from NC to DC.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!! Yeah, I'd never buy from Storehouse or Potterybarn....And also, maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong...- And even though SH and PB is part of the MG family, I don't believe that they are close to the same quality as the straight up Mitchell Gold brand itself...dunno! Anyhoo- I'm looking at a nice Century Furniture chair online...debating...slightly overpriced too...and no doubt will turn into the most expensive cat scratching post I've ever purchased! Meow! (But then again, I worship the ground my babies walk on...I'm giving serious thought to buying the smallest little diamond and putting it in my sweet girl's tag...She IS a princess...she acts like one..so sweet and demure...She's my "princess Gracie"...I've gotta post some pictures...she's the smallest adult cat I've ever seen...Ahhh, I digress!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You are furniture freak too??? I'm going to look into Rose...thanks so much for the tip!!!!

And if anyone is interested in fabric for a COM or something, go to yoderdepartmentstore.com...it's this little weird hickish site in Indiana....no real order form...I got my fabric for less than half of a designer "outlet" price!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!! JUST CHECKED OUT THE SITE....That shipping rate is outstanding....

I just saw this too...makes me ALMOST want to have a baby. ALMOST. Is it wrong to have a kid for the decorating? LOL

http://www.roseclearance.com/stock/ExtraStockDetail.cfm?RoseSKU=087149301&SalespersonID=1

monteirolm

Rough_Rock
Have you seen Mitchell Gold sold at a discount anywhere online? I have not seen any of the discount NC stores carrying it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I was surprised and delighted to find this thread! I need to research dining room sets and I didn't even know when to start! Thank you, everyone who contributed your knowledge. I will start with designwithinreach.com and then try Rose Furniture!

Deborah

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG I just went to designwithinreach...check this chair out...that is CRAZY!!!!!! I don't have the gutts but that is SO COOL. I love Louis Phillipe crap...that is a totally modern version...!!!!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

chair.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a dining set from Tema-usa on line. It was only $1200 so didn't consider it a great loss if I didn't like it. I'm in the market for new living room furniture and I'm taking a trip to the DWR store in Portland, Oregon in September. I've found a few pieces on their web site that I like but I've got to reach out and feel before I feel secure enough to buy since the cost will be substantially more than the dining set.

IN103SOPTIMT_lg.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about it...NOT this fabric .... think it would look good with my sofa and loveseat... !!!

chair2.jpg

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
did we already mention westelm.com?

cel

Rough_Rock
I''m sure many, many, many people have said or will say... IKEA. However I believe it is a good choice b/c of the pricing & contemporary looks -- especially for those who are just starting out. Also Target online has a fairly nice, yet small, selection of furniture that is only sold online - not in stores. And check out JC Penny - I believe they almost went bankrupt... so they totally upgraded the look of their merchandise! You might want to check that out that as well. Good Luck!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Eurway.com
Eurofurniture.com

Lee Lee

Rough_Rock
emhot.gif
You should always buy from Sova at Blacks Furniture, she is the most! Her company backs up the great discounted prices with service, delivered anywhere in the USA. 336.886.5011
[email protected]

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Buy your sofa from sova? LOL

Actaully, I have used Ashley at Blacks twice. But now I question the discount....I purchased an armoire from Thomasville directly for about $100 more, including shipping and taxes!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey moremoremore...

If I may, I was a furniture buyer here in NC for about 4 years. Many of the companies.. ie.. rose furniture I have worked with before.

IKEA is good.... but you are paying for a name...

As for Pottery BARN... do not even bother.

Are you just looking for Living Room and dining Room furniture? If so, I could suggest a few places... Bedroom furniture I could defintely suggest as well.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
BTW.. AShley Furniture is a little over piced for what you are getting as well.. but if you like the look.. got for it.

One thing that I would like to point out is the myth of High Point and their ''discounted'' prices... Do NOT be so sure. It really really really is a myth. If you are in the North and you find a place like High Point that has ''discounted'' prices, you are only paying less for location. Be very careful to consider shipping, wait time, repairs, insurance and replacement.... Freight trucks and furniture can be a HARSH combination sometimes as well as inconvient. I am not saying not to look into deals... But NC does not have the lowest prices available...

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
I live in High Point, NC. The key here is to hit the "sales" after the market. DH and I got a coffee table and 2 end tables for $150. The end tables were originally marked $79 each. The key to shopping around here is to know someone in the industry (which I am not) or to get off the beaten path. There are stores like that tucked away all over here. Sometimes it is hit or miss but we have found some great deals and one of my coworkers son got a complete bedroom set for a steal!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Mine! I meant I have used Ashley at Black''s Furniture twice! LOL...ZBut I do know Ashley. I''m pretty much all set except for a new chair I''d like. I don''t have anything Pottery Barn but I just love a wooden Plantation Chair I saw so I might get it ... But mitchell gold and bernhardt and leeindustries makes a lot of pottery barn stuff but not as high quality I suspect.

I bought my sofa and loveseat and armoire and two tables from Blacks...I definitely saved a lot money even with shipping b/c I priced them locally...but that freight truck in Queens, NY is a BAD idea. Literally, they left me with my sofa and loveseat on the sidewalk. LITERALLY. Thank god we were moving in that day and had the moving men bring it up....So I was surprised at the deal I got from Thomasville on another armoire I wanted...

The only think I want is a chair and I can''t find one better than the pottery barn one. I''ve looked at every site that I know that manus their stuff but no luck. Oh well, can''t win em all!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There was another chair I wanted from Thomasville...and I priced it at $724 at blacks and $1150+ at Thomasville...both without shipping and Thomasville without tax. I think I''ll get the PB one...

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
LOL.. sorry MMM my mind must have been on a vacation. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results