shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying engagement ring in Antwerp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigRed

Rough_Rock
I have just proposed to my girlfriend and we are going to Antwerp this Saturday to purchase the ring. I am looking for advice on specific shops to target, pitfalls to avoid and any other helpfull advice.
I don''t expect to get a bargain just a fair deal.

Advice anyone?

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
The easiest way to get a good deal is to know exactly what you want, and how much it should cost. Going to shops informed will make you much more likely to get the dea and diamond thatl you want.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your proposal.

I understand that you know that Antwerp is the world's diamond capital, and that you want to come over here to get the best deal possible.

Well, to start, I would not come over on a Saturday. The real diamond center is not working on that day.

In the surroundings of the diamond center, you do have a high number of shops, but they are not a part of the real diamond center. They might be giving you a good service, and the price might be somewhat lower than the price in any other European jewelry store, but you will not get the great deal that I think you are looking for.

On the other hand, the real diamond center is entirely targeted at professional buyers, and the chance of you entering unprepared and getting a great deal (not to talk about service) is rather slim.

If you want to know more, please feel free to ask. Right now, I will leave it at this.

Live long,

Paul

BigRed

Rough_Rock
Paul, Lugus,

Thanks for your kind replies. The idea behind this weekend was twofold.
1. Buy a ring
2. Romantic weekend away on Vanentines weekend

So I do not anticpate getting a deal of a lifetime. It is good to know but very unfortunate that the Diamond Centre is closed on the weekend but c'est la vie, I am a novice anyway. Given the above facts are there
* any specific stores that I should visit or stay away from
* Should I bargain on price
* Any other nuggets of info,

Again many thanks for your responses and happy Valentines weekend

Mike
wink2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
A place based in Antwerp with very good prices is gendiat.com.
Not all of their diamonds are very well cut (many 45% pavilions), but some of them are definitely worth a look... Also, they told me they welcome visitors on Saturdays and Sundays.

Giangi

BigRed

Rough_Rock
All,

Well, we had a fantastic weekend and we saw a lot of diamonds - thanks to all of you for the good advice. We eventually got a
1.03 Princess cut E Color VVS2 complete with HRD certificate for 6500 euro.

Is this a fair price?
The day was very memorable and Guy from Diamond Land was a perfect host

Thanks again

justme

Shiny_Rock
That's $6959.00 US for those wondering.

Congrats on the diamond - and your engagement!

Justme

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi BigRed,

Is this price with or without VAT?

Paul

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul, welcome to pricescope forum
1.gif

Glad to see you here
wavey.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Leonid,

I have been a lurker here for years, but never really found the time to post.

Now that I have taken the first step, you may be sure that I will keep on posting.

Live long,

Paul

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey BigRed, CONGRATS!!!

Giangi

BigRed

Rough_Rock
6500 euros or $6958 was the total price inclusive of VAT.
I don't think I got a bargain but equally I don't think I was ripped off. As I said Guy is the propriator of Diamondland and made our day very special

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results