shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Buying Diamonds in UK vs Elsewhere

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Spongy, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spongy
    Rough_Rock

by Spongy » Jul 7, 2006
    Hi there

I am looking around for a diamond ring of approximately 1.75ct-2ct plus. At the moment in the UK, a 1 carat diamond ring set im 18carat gold would cost nearly £6,000,[​IMG] so I can only imagine that a 2 carat would more than double its price. I have seen a 1.5carat going for approximately £12,000 so far!

I would be grateful if anyone can share with me their experiences on buying jewelrry outside of UK at a more affordable price. Also, if you don''t mind the approximate price of the diamond.
    In particular, I am thinking of going to Singapore or Dubai to look at diamond jewellery as I have heard that they have good diamonds at affordable price, though I am not sure about the diamond quality.

Can any confirm/enlighten me?
    I am also wondering if the price range of Tiffany''s in UK would be different to the Tiffany''s in Asia, due to price discrimination?
    Any thoughts?

Thank you[​IMG]

2. JulieN
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by JulieN » Jul 7, 2006
    double the weight, 4x the price.

3. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Jul 7, 2006
    You can buy jewelry in some places without paying the EU''s VAT, so that is quite a saving in itself. There are vendors on Pricescope who will sell to you in the UK for prices way lower than your regional full service retailers. You then need to pay the VAT on top, but we have seen a few people take a quick holiday in the USA to bring home their diamond personally to avoid the tax.

4. Spongy
    Rough_Rock

by Spongy » Jul 9, 2006
    Hi Julian and David
    Thank you for your feedback.
    I might just go with your suggestion David and take a trip to US in the future.

Thanks[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.