shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Diamonds in UK vs Elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spongy

Rough_Rock
Hi there

I am looking around for a diamond ring of approximately 1.75ct-2ct plus. At the moment in the UK, a 1 carat diamond ring set im 18carat gold would cost nearly £6,000,
emsmileo.gif
so I can only imagine that a 2 carat would more than double its price. I have seen a 1.5carat going for approximately £12,000 so far!

I would be grateful if anyone can share with me their experiences on buying jewelrry outside of UK at a more affordable price. Also, if you don''t mind the approximate price of the diamond.
In particular, I am thinking of going to Singapore or Dubai to look at diamond jewellery as I have heard that they have good diamonds at affordable price, though I am not sure about the diamond quality.

Can any confirm/enlighten me?
I am also wondering if the price range of Tiffany''s in UK would be different to the Tiffany''s in Asia, due to price discrimination?
Any thoughts?

Thank you
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
double the weight, 4x the price.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can buy jewelry in some places without paying the EU''s VAT, so that is quite a saving in itself. There are vendors on Pricescope who will sell to you in the UK for prices way lower than your regional full service retailers. You then need to pay the VAT on top, but we have seen a few people take a quick holiday in the USA to bring home their diamond personally to avoid the tax.

Spongy

Rough_Rock
Hi Julian and David
Thank you for your feedback.
I might just go with your suggestion David and take a trip to US in the future.

Thanks
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results