shape
carat
color
clarity

buying diamonds in europe???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wfsensak

Rough_Rock
is there a place that compares diamond prices from other countries--specifically yugoslavia, croatia, greece, spain, france, or the czech rep. I was curious if diamonds of similar cut and quality were cheaper in those countries than they are here. also is there a similar certification process like the GIA in europe?

Yuriy

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I am live in Ukraine.
You right Leonid.
In my counry can't find cheap diamonds.
Some diamonds(0.01-0.05 ct)is rare.
Cheap diamond in India, Thailand etc.

rachel

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I live in the UK and diamond prices are pretty standard throughout europe. Different cuts are more popular in certain countries etc.
The British Gemmological Association does gem reports and grading and has an excellent International reputation.
Hope it helps
smile.gif
Rachel

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Yuriy and Rachel
smile.gif
Rachel, what is your feeling about diamond prices in EU comparing to the internet prices from the US?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Yuriy and Rachel
smile.gif
Rachel, what is your feeling about diamond prices in EU comparing to the internet prices from the US?

rachel

Rough_Rock
Well Leonid,I think the prices are comparable if you search for the items.
But a major difference is that in the US certification is such a big thing and it is eventually becoming popular and important over here in the UK. So over here certified diamonds are alot more expensive. Plus in the US jewellers seem to want to educate their customers alot more. For example on the GIA site their is a diamond grading tutorial to do on line. Which is fun and helps to educate your customer and thats important for the high priced items.
If you havent done to tutorial have a go its good
smile.gif
http://www.gia.edu and go to the how to buy a diamond sectionWhat sort of % is added onto a certified diamond prices, rather than an uncertified stone in the US and Canada???
Rachel
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rachel, I think prices in the States should be lower already because of lower taxes than in EU. Besides, when you're buying over the Internet from a different state, you don't have to pay even state tax...Majority of diamonds in the internet has grading reports (certificates) from major labs like GIA, AGS, HRD or EGL. Although in a local store you can find diamonds without any report or graded by smaller lab, e.g. AGA ( www.gemappraisers.com ) in PA or GemScan in Canada.GIA grading report costs some $200 depending on size of the diamond. When one buys $5k diamond it's probably worth it...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wfsensak,Unfortunately, I've no info on diamond prices in these countries. Although we know several cases when Europeans bought diamonds from USA via the Internet. I doubt that one can find cheaper and same quality stones in any European store than in the Internet from the States or Israel.Grading reports used in Europe besides GIA is HRD (Hoge Raad voor Diamant - The Diamond High Council) Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results