shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying an Aquamarine to recreate the Tiffany Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

liz-e

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I''ve been having my eye on creating an aquamarine Tiffany Legacy reproduction. I understand the legacy cut is a patent cut, however I am considering something like a cushion or radiant cut to replace that.

I have never had to search for gems before and have no idea where to start.

Are most of them GIA certified (or other)? What is the most trusted lab in the case of gems?

What websites are reputable in the USA and/or Australia?

Thanks in advance for your help

Liz :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
liz-e, there is a sticky at the top of the page,here is the link, it has all the best gem vendors https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sites-selling-colored-gemstones-and-jewelry.94723/
hth
1.gif

liz-e

Rough_Rock
Thank you :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liz, most gemstones do not come with a certificate unless they happen to be expensive and rare, such as an unheated sapphire, unheated ruby, Brazilian paraiba and such. You can get the vendor to send it out to GIA or AGTA for a cert but it is quite expensive and takes quite some time. You''ll have to trust the vendor, test it yourself or if you don''t have the right tools, have an independent gemstone appraiser take a look at it.

liz-e

Rough_Rock
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results