shape
carat
color
clarity

Buyer beware! Super glued diamond! FireandBrilliance etsy

Youtookmymoney

Rough_Rock
I bought my wife a ring for over a thousand dollars thinking I would be getting her something nice. Within a month the diamond fell out. I took it to a reputable jeweler and was told that the diamonds were super glued in, there were cracks all in the metal, and the foundation was awful. He said it was the most poorly made ring he had ever seen.
The seller said they can't be sure if it was from "normal wear and tear" or not..... Such as "holding hands". I wasn't aware that holding hands would cause your diamond to fall out. She was very careful with the ring and only wore it a handful of times because she was so worried about something happening to it.

The seller said it had been 1/3 of a year and would offer 50 percent back. When I contacted them about the diamond I had only had it a little under two months.

I work hard for my money and just want them to be respectful of that. They are aware that they sell low quality jewelry. Or perhaps my ring was just an accident. In either case I wish I could get my money back. It just makes me sick that they don't stand behind their product and I am out over a thousand dollars and stuck with a junky ring.

This was supposed to be a nice gift to my wife of 11 years.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Buyer beware! Super glued diamond! FireandBrilliance et

An independent appraiser (appraiser who does not deal in retail sales) is your friend - get any issues detailed in print, "superglue" and all.
How did you pay?

Youtookmymoney

Rough_Rock

The jeweler said he would be more than happy to write a detailed letter of all the problems with the ring. I sent that letter to the FireandBrilliance company and they said they would offer me a 50 percent refund. I paid with MasterCard.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you get the 50% refund?

Does anyone know if etsy stores can remove negative feedback? That stone has a 5 star review average.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1441340869|3923449 said:
Did you get the 50% refund?

Does anyone know if etsy stores can remove negative feedback? That stone has a 5 star review average.
I think there's a limited amount of time after a purchase that you can leave feedback

There is an issue with a vendor over in colored stones, he has very good reviews becuase by the time the issue arises (never completing or returning stones) no one can review that

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Some credit cards used to allow up to 90 days to dispute a charge or file a chargeback. I haven't studied various cards and their policies recently.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry this happened to you. I shop Etsy quite a bit (and have made lots of jewelry purchases) and most of them have gone smoothly. I had one completely awful experience though (poor craftsmanship and a difficult-to-deal-with/unprofessional seller) and my only recourse was to return it to her for a repair even though what I truly wanted was my money back. I was able to leave negative feedback, but the sellers are allowed to post a reply to the feedback and of course, the seller spun it in her favor (making me look like the crazy one). I still own the piece of jewelry from that seller and even though it's pretty, it reminds me of that awful experience. I hope that you can get it worked out. Just do your research on your options and try to remain as professional as possible if it turns ugly.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

I'm in Australia so it is probably different here, but that constitutes a major failure of the product under consumer law and they would be required to refund you. Do you have an ombudsman or something you can contact?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock

Can you post some photos?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results