Buttigieg now the clear front runner in Iowa

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always vote, but have to hold my nose and pick the lesser of the evils.

If Pets's on the ballot, this will be different.

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's some perspective from someone looking from the outside (well, more the other side of the world):

I agree with a lot of his policies, especially on equality for individuals. However his support for the abolishment of the electoral college in favour of popular vote is not one I would support. The reason for that is it puts the entirety of the US at the voting grasp of NY and California; whether they vote Republican or Democrat is not the issue, it's that smaller rural areas can be put at the mercy of those metropolitan hubs for their resources.
The best example I have seen is one from a journalist named Tim Pool; If you abolish electoral college and go with popular vote, California could potentially vote to pull resources from other states and a popular vote would mean those smaller states have virtually no say in it. So a popular vote will potentially allow for California to pull water from any other state's resources and bleed the other states dry, rather than figure out a better way to utilise their own or legislate water restrictions on their own citizens.

That's really my only critique, and it would be for any politician looking to abolish the electoral college system. It has a purpose in my eyes. Other than that, I like the guy - but I don't vote in US elections, so can't say much more other than we've just got one little area where we disagree!

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think in terms of states in a presidential election.
I think in terms of each American citizen.
One person, one vote.
The electoral college system distorts that.

Let states be different when voting for state elections.
Let people move to the state they prefer.

IOW, giving Calif and NY more power is nonsense.
It's about each individual American citizen having equal say, regardless of in which state they live.

If more live here or there, this way or that way, so be it.
But each vote should be equal.

Just because something was one way yesterday doesn't mean it's right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results