shape
carat
color
clarity

Burgin and Dover Experiences?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that I frequently really like the jewelry sold by these two ebay vendors but I've been afraid to pull the plug because most of what they sell is not cheap to take the risk. Has anyone bought from them and was your experience a good one? It seems that they are totally reasonable in what they say about returns, but I wonder how patient they would be if I wanted something sent off for certification?

Thanks for any thoughts!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I never have but I've heard of others buying from them in here and being happy.
If you put only "dover" into the CS forum search you will get a lot. Sorry I dont have more first hand.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I emailed Burg-in once. I wanted to know if they had any picture that didn't have a giant glare on the table, and about grading. They basically told me to eff myself and to not bother them anymore. All six pictures had table glare so you couldn't see how bad the inclusions were. I wrote them off after that.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think I remember someone getting an amazing deco emerald platinum bracelet last year and it came from Dover. One of the sarahbears?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have purchased from Dover twice...though both times was off their actual store homepage not their ebay stores. Well actually DH did :Up_to_something:

I am extremely happy with both purchases and I love the pieces I got. If you seach under my name you will see the emerald bracelet and eternity band that I received...still totally in love with both. I highly recommend Dover.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I purchased my ugly emerald ring from Dover's ebay site. IIRC correctly they gave kind of a vague answer to my question about the emerald ring (I think I asked about treatment). They were more straightforward when they answered my question about a ring setting on their website (I think I asked about mm size the setting could take). Perhaps it was just the nature of my questions. They over estimated the carat weight of the emerald (5cts vs 3.33cts) but it hadn't been removed from its setting prior to me buying it.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I purchased a tsavorite eternity band from Burgin last year that looked perfect in the photo and the description indicated it was in very good condition. However, when I received it, 4 or 5 of the tsavorites had chips and a couple others had abraded facets. It looked okay (not excellent) to the naked eye, but the 10x loupe told a different story. However, the folks at Burgin gave me a prompt refund with no hassles.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1309233513|2956788 said:
I think I remember someone getting an amazing deco emerald platinum bracelet last year and it came from Dover. One of the sarahbears?

Are there more then one?

Yup it was me.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I think there are 3 or 4. Some are phonetic like cerabehra.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a tsavorite eternity band from burgin this year and it was wider and thicker than stated and was uncomfortable on my finger. I emailed them to return it and they sent me an email stating that I was wrong about the measurements and they use a caliper to measure it. I let them know that I use the same device and that was what I was basing my information on. They allowed me to return it with no hassles and they ended up emailing me after they received it to let me know that they had listed the wrong measurements. So overall, I was happy, but I felt their first email was a bit sassier than it needed to be.

ETA: The band really was beautiful though. They definitely have some gorgeous pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results