shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget vs Hearts & Arrows, please help me choose between 2 diamonds!

Rachel017

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am choosing between 2 diamonds and am fairly new to researching diamonds. Although we can afford either, I am trying to figure out if the one that costs $500 is a significantly nicer diamond and is worth the higher price (to the average viewer like me).

Diamond 1: GIA# 6432067509 (attached) $1990

Pros: James Allen has is listed as a true heart cut (hearts and arrows ideal cut).

Gia triple excellent

F color VS1 clarity

The HCA score is 1.4, excellent light return, fire, scintillation, very good spread. However, it fell in the "bigger" category and the explanation says it might be shallow and appear dark at a close distance due to your head blocking most of the available light.

I've attached the ideal scope image which seems good, but will it still appear dark when your head blocks the light?

Under the "member recommendations" for proportions, it says if it's GIA and the pavilion angle is 40.8 with a crown angle 35 (which this diamond has), then the bottom needs to be 80%, but this diamond is 75%, so is this the shallowness in reference? Just trying to see how big of a factor this is.

Diamond 2 is better for my budget, at $1490, IGI #4991311593.

Pros: Lower price

Noted as Ideal Cut on the IGI report

Cons: I am not sure how the H color will look in person, will I notice a slight yellow color?

They do not have an Ideal scope image for this diamond.

IGI I've read is not as reliable as GIA and AGSL, so perhaps the color or clarity could be a little off? Should I avoid an IGI diamond?

The HCA score came back .9, excellent light return, fire, scintillation, very good spread, and fell into the "average" size for its weight. Is it best to look for another option that falls between 1-2 on the score as well as in the "Big" category, or is this diamond still a good option in my budget?

Thanks for your help!!
- Rachel

Attachments

• 6432067509.pdf
    328.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 3F58AEC4-BC6A-42B3-A8DE-2960EFEA3428.jpeg
    3F58AEC4-BC6A-42B3-A8DE-2960EFEA3428.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 23
  • arrows.png
    arrows.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 22

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Rachel017!
Between these two, definitely the GIA diamond.
The 75% lowers are just fine for the 40.8/35.0 combo...when the CA starts getting a smidge steeper (towards 35.5) is when 77-80% lowers may lend a helping hand.

Here is a link to a pre-populated PS diamond search engine for AGS Triple Zero diamonds.
The Whiteflash 0.52 G SI1 has fantastic light return, plus it comes with their amazing lifetime upgrade program with no stipulations other than the replacement diamond must be any in stock diamond of equal or greater value.
If none of these catch your eye, then I'd say grab that 0.5 F VS1 you posted about.

Rachel017

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply and suggestions DejaWiz! I really appreciate it! I am still deciding. I looked through the search and the .5 GIA that I posted is still my top choice. I think I was wanting someone like yourself who has more knowledge to help confirm that it is a good option for my price point.

Thanks again, have a great week!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your reply and suggestions DejaWiz! I really appreciate it! I am still deciding. I looked through the search and the .5 GIA that I posted is still my top choice. I think I was wanting someone like yourself who has more knowledge to help confirm that it is a good option for my price point.

Thanks again, have a great week!

You're welcome and same to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results