shape
carat
color
clarity

Buccellati experts/Italian Sparklers customers-- I need your help

odh2767

Rough_Rock
I am hoping someone in this community might be able to help me. Recently while I was travelling, my home was burglarized and my jewelry box was taken. In it were a pair of earrings that belonged to my deceased mother-- Buccellati,18k white gold bow design earrings with approximately 170 diamonds (this is the description Buccellati gave when I had them appraised for insurance purposes).

My problem is that the police need a picture of the earrings and I cannot find one anywhere online. I called Buccellati and they were no help.

Going through my mother's contacts I found a name and website (now defunct) in the 'notes' section of the Buccellati entry: Italian Sparklers and the name Roberto Cannone

I am desperate to find a photo of the earrings or track down any additional information about them.

Do you know these earrings?
Are you familiar with Italian Sparklers or Roberto Cannone?
Where might uncommon Buccellati pieces like this end up for sale?

I'd be grateful for any help or knowledge this community might be able to share.

Reactions: AV_

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. Being burglarized is terrible. Having family heirlooms taken makes it so much worse.

When I'm trying to find a rare item, I do Google Image searches with every conceivable description of the item. By doing the image search you can see instantly if it is close to what you are looking for.

I've seen Buccellati pieces on 1st Dibs, The Real Real, Ebay and Ruby Lane.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

Good luck to you and hugs from all of us here.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping someone in this community might be able to help me. Recently while I was travelling, my home was burglarized and my jewelry box was taken. In it were a pair of earrings that belonged to my deceased mother-- Buccellati,18k white gold bow design earrings with approximately 170 diamonds (this is the description Buccellati gave when I had them appraised for insurance purposes).

My problem is that the police need a picture of the earrings and I cannot find one anywhere online. I called Buccellati and they were no help.

Going through my mother's contacts I found a name and website (now defunct) in the 'notes' section of the Buccellati entry: Italian Sparklers and the name Roberto Cannone

I am desperate to find a photo of the earrings or track down any additional information about them.

Do you know these earrings?
Are you familiar with Italian Sparklers or Roberto Cannone?
Where might uncommon Buccellati pieces like this end up for sale?

I'd be grateful for any help or knowledge this community might be able to share.
What an awful thing for you to come home to.

I'm tagging @AGBF because of this thread she initiated 10+ years ago:

Perhaps she can provide you with some leads.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of your burglary, it‘s a horrible thing to happen to you.

I contacted Buccellati last year when I was on the hunt for a particular ring, the customer service was pretty hopeless. I wonder if it would be worth calling them back and insisting on speaking to someone in a higher position? After all, they are the source most likely to have a picture you could use. They must keep records of designs they have sold in the past. Good luck with it, hope you find a resolution.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for your loss. A similar thing happened to us 8 years ago and I still grieve over my mom’s beautiful jewelry.

Runningwithscissors gave good advice about a intensive search on Google. If you find a similar pair you can capture the image and see more like it.

Good luck with your search and a big hug!

odh2767

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone who has replied! I tried doing a more inexact google image search and found some similar pieces. The shape of the earrings is similar to these attached images but imagine them in white gold and covered in 170 little diamonds.

C8949A4D-8C29-4F38-8255-2A64E036BEDA_1_201_a.jpeg BB3EF681-99A0-4C8C-A152-7CF149757451_1_201_a.jpeg Ring any bells?

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Hi, sorry to hear of your loss.
A suggestion is to search the websites of the big auction houses to see the pictures of past lots for similar earrings.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
If Google Images does not help, do you have any pictures of your mother wearing the earrings?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have purchased some jewelry from a store in Florence that sells Buccellati jewelry called S Vaggi on the Ponte Vecchio. They have been in business for years and are family run. They may be able to help. Best of luck.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not have known that this thread was here had you not also posted it in Hangout, so I am very glad you did. I am glad that Molly Malone found the thread I started years ago about my experience with Italian Sparklers. Not knowing that she had posted it in this thread, I posted it in the hangout thread.

I did business with Roberto Cannone very successfully. Italian Sparklers might be able to help identify the earrings, although if Buccellati could not, I cannot swear to that. I saw that other posters had mentioned First Dibs and Ruby Lane. Did anyone mention Betteridge?

Keep up the search; you will get there!

Deb/AGBF:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they look anything like these?

Attachments

• buccellati--Tulle-Ornato-18k-White-Gold-Pendant-Earrings-W-Diamonds.jpeg
    buccellati--Tulle-Ornato-18k-White-Gold-Pendant-Earrings-W-Diamonds.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 49

odh2767

Rough_Rock
Do they look anything like these?

@AGBF is there a way for us to speak directly? I'm familiar with Betteridge and wonder if you and I might be in the same region.

I was able to find a photo of my mother wearing the earrings, though the resolution is terrible :( 1D5010DF-FDE7-4AD1-B902-7D349257C92A_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF is there a way for us to speak directly? I'm familiar with Betteridge and wonder if you and I might be in the same region.

I was able to find a photo of my mother wearing the earrings, though the resolution is terrible :(

1D5010DF-FDE7-4AD1-B902-7D349257C92A_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm glad to see a photo. That helps. I am not on Facebook or Loupe Troop. Some members have my e-mail address if you have a way of contacting them via social media. I think the only way I have been able to talk to fellow Pricescopers on the phone is when a friend we have in common has given out our e-mail addresses with mutual consent...and sure, I am willing to have someone do that.I am not sure what help I can be by living in the same area, though. I wish I could be of more help! :))

odh2767

Rough_Rock
I'm glad to see a photo. That helps. I am not on Facebook or Loupe Troop. Some members have my e-mail address if you have a way of contacting them via social media. I think the only way I have been able to talk to fellow Pricescopers on the phone is when a friend we have in common has given out our e-mail addresses with mutual consent...and sure, I am willing to have someone do that.I am not sure what help I can be by living in the same area, though. I wish I could be of more help! :))

Thanks so much, I am open to that as well and perhaps someone will see this :)

I am wondering where the stolen items might show up for sale.

If anyone is familiar with sellers in the greater NYC area, specifically in Fairfield County, CT, I'd be very grateful. Though it sounds like these sorts of transactions happen frequently online through ebay and so forth....

Many thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very sad to hear of your loss. Sadly so many of us have had these awful experiences...

Oakgem has 12 pages of Buccellati.......

I would also check Beladora's site.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results