shape
carat
color
clarity

brushed platinum e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
I am curious about brushed finish platinum setting. Anyone have any knowledge about this? Good pics for me to look at? Is it the same as "satin" finish?

Thanks.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked through the Eye Candy folder in SMTR?
1.gif

Eye Candy Link

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hubby's wedding band WAS brushed gold. I really liked the look. I say WAS because it's not any more. It went in for resizing and came back polished.
15.gif

That may be something to consider with your e-ring.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try this link ... Many slightly different shades come under the name "brushed". That one is on the coarser side - it can get less harsh - quite satin-like as well.

Asscher-Tingle-Ring-3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facets.com shows their "satin" finish pretty well. HERE

Hope this helps... the non-bright metal brings up the brighteness of faceted gems in a spectacular way: even tiny flush-set diamonds stand out on matte gold. Not easy to show in pictures though.

5228.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I also love the look of matte platinum. There are usually a few things on ebay, if you do a search for matte or brushed platinum, although you probably don''t want to buy from them. www.stuartmoore.com has a few good examples.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine!! (Sorry, I''m just obsessed with it!!!)
My ering is brushed (satin/matte finish) on the top, but polished on the bottom.

pq - Even Zales told me they could put a satin finish on their plain plat bands while we waited, so it shouldn''t be too hard to get a satin finish on your hubby''s band again if you wanted it.

JCJDpear3.jpg

RingCollage1234567.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hubby''s wedding band was much different than the pics I''ve seen and those shown here. His ring had actual ridges and valleys. You know how frosting looks when you pull fork tines thru it?? That''s the textured finish his ring had. The ridges weren''t sharp or anything like that. It was textured and unique and we both liked it.
16.gif
Then he had to have it sized. When it came back, the band had been polished smooth and shiny.
15.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2005 5:54:15 PM
Author: pqcollectibles
Hubby's wedding band was much different than the pics I've seen and those shown here. His ring had actual ridges and valleys. You know how frosting looks when you pull fork tines thru it??
Anything like this ?
36.gif

The first ring seems engraved (and so does the maker say). The other, softer version might not be.

P246_1_1124200455504PM

Brush.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2005 5:54:15 PM
Author: pqcollectibles
Hubby''s wedding band was much different than the pics I''ve seen and those shown here. His ring had actual ridges and valleys. You know how frosting looks when you pull fork tines thru it?? That''s the textured finish his ring had. The ridges weren''t sharp or anything like that. It was textured and unique and we both liked it.
16.gif
Then he had to have it sized. When it came back, the band had been polished smooth and shiny.
15.gif

Oooh - it sounds neat... and it totally stinks that the jeweler polished it out! I hope you two had a hissy-fit with them....
29.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
My husband''s wedding ring was brushed yellow gold on the top, which we both really liked. The satin finish wore off quickly. He had it redone once, but they told him he was losing gold everytime he did it and it would always wear off, so he finally gave up and just went with it polished all over. I don''t know how brushed platnium would wear, but I would ask about that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results