shape
carat
color
clarity

Broome pearls

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all

I was lucky enough to go to Broome on a family holiday last year.

Just wanted to share a pic of a strand I was lucky enough to try on I did make a purchase but nothing like these bad boys they were stunning

9775F2D3-914C-44F2-B799-651B4996C3FF.jpeg

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
They were gorgeous.

I just bought a single pearl on a diamond setting. It was from Willie Creek one of the 4 remaining producers in the area that deal with true Broome Pearls. I really wanted one as a memento of an amazing trip.

I can't put my hand on the specifics of it but it is a 15-16mm pearl.

I paid for my teenage daughter to harvest her own pearl (pics below) they then grade it and price it and you can buy it. I will set it for her in something one day.

They also tried pearl meat which was not enjoyed but apparently a very expensive delicacy. 90A49331-928B-4C0E-88BA-CE52F0617F30_1_201_a.jpeg B48EC8B6-C1B4-4DAA-9244-1241C6B2120A_1_201_a.jpeg IMG_4890.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They were gorgeous.

I just bought a single pearl on a diamond setting. It was from Willie Creek one of the 4 remaining producers in the area that deal with true Broome Pearls. I really wanted one as a memento of an amazing trip.

I can't put my hand on the specifics of it but it is a 15-16mm pearl.

I paid for my teenage daughter to harvest her own pearl (pics below) they then grade it and price it and you can buy it. I will set it for her in something one day.

They also tried pearl meat which was not enjoyed but apparently a very expensive delicacy. 90A49331-928B-4C0E-88BA-CE52F0617F30_1_201_a.jpeg B48EC8B6-C1B4-4DAA-9244-1241C6B2120A_1_201_a.jpeg IMG_4890.JPG

did you actualky go to Broome ?
its got to be one of the most remote places to go for a holiday
i loved the too few days i spent in Western Australia

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Yes we spent 5 nights there.

We did a month long trip driving from Perth to Broome. One of the best holidays we ever did I was a travel agent before Corona came along and have been let go but I have done my share of travel. I had been saving this trip until my kids were old enough not to drive me insane in the car every day.

It was glorious. Australians are terrible about exploring our own backyard before international travel but I am so glad I did this.

Plus pearls. Spent an hour is Paspaley at least but actually preferred Willie Creek and Cygnet Bay

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pennyc - That is a beautiful necklace. Sounds like you had a great trip. :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely lustre !! And drop is my favourite shape . Your daughters pearl looks gorgeous too ! What a fabulous trip. I have a couple of friends who have driven that from Broome to Perth and said it was wonderful. But you're right about the age of the kids ! lol

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely lustre !! And drop is my favourite shape . Your daughters pearl looks gorgeous too ! What a fabulous trip. I have a couple of friends who have driven that from Broome to Perth and said it was wonderful. But you're right about the age of the kids ! lol

Ha ha the 10 hour drive between two points was a bit dicey nothing but red dirt and roadkill as far as the eye could see but 100% worth it.

I love the drop shape too.

She was very lucky they graded it for us and I have a certificate it was about $100 AUD but how many people can say they got their pearl out of the oyster themselves. It was graded A so I think the price was ok

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The price is excellent for A grade depending on the size. But even if it's small it's still a decent price and as you say , its all about the experience.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds fantatsic! I'd love to visit WA one day, as you say we're pretty rubbish at exploring our own backyard but to be fair it took hubby & I a whole week to drive from Darwin to Melbourne sooo.. it's quite a hike to WA from NSW. :lol:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
It was 11-12 mm I think. I think it is a bit of a gimmick to get people in and spending as they offer to set it as well. We stuck with just the pearl.

Of yes we flew from Melbourne to Perth and hired a car. It took as about a month but the pace was leisurely can highly recommend.

LHethrington

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I was lucky enough to go to Broome on a family holiday last year.

Just wanted to share a pic of a strand I was lucky enough to try on I did make a purchase but nothing like these bad boys they were stunning

9775F2D3-914C-44F2-B799-651B4996C3FF.jpeg

That’s a beautiful necklace!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a beautiful necklace!

It seriously was insanely beautiful they had opera length strands of the same quality it was wonderful just to get a chance to hold
These babie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results