shape
carat
color
clarity

Brooch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been searching the net trying to find a pretty brooch to attach to the side of my dress. Does anyone know of any good sites where one can find inexpensive brooches? Inexpensive being less than $200...
Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!!
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''d recommend a nice antique shop!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, that''s a good idea. I hadn''t thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, this might be too much less than $200 white aisle but also can you ask your mom, fmil, about their brooches or grandmothers', etc if there are family brooches? Something like that could also be awesome on your boquest. Just a thought.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Regina B is beautiful, but is going to be at the high end of your price range.

Michael Michaud''s silver seasons collection looks like flowers and sea shells. I love his stuff, but it is a little different, and it would be in your price range.

Antiques are also not a bad idea, but I LOVE antique jewelry, so I am biased

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Vintage & antique jewellery section on ebay - it''s always worthwhile looking at the UK site, I find it better for such things than the US one (and cheaper strangely enough).

I''ve found some lovely pieces there - they have great victorian brooches - for $200 you could get something amazing. Most pieces go for around the $60 mark.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.rubylane.com has some really nice brooches. It''s a little hard to navigate because there is SOOO much on there, but take a look!! There are lots of affordable brooches and jewelry.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i second ebay! though i've used mostly the US site. pandora - i'll have to check out the UK one now

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add, most of what we have is either 9kt or 15k gold. If it''s 15kt it''s pre-1932, 9kt has been around for ages.

I personally don''t mind 9kt - it wears very well! It was also used for good quality stones and pieces - so don''t panic about it being a kt type that you don''t see in the US!

You can get 18k as well, but it''s more unusual.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I second ebay, I bought a ton of brooches before my wedding. You can also look here, their stock turns over pretty quickly and the prices are good.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
v!v!,

I was also thinking of adding a brooch to my dress, since it doesn''t have any beading or other accent. Where exactly are you planning on placing the brooch? I can''t figure out where it would look best on mine.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
swimmer, thanks for the link to white aisle! i had actually visited that website before and i do think they have some pretty ones on there. also, good suggestion about asking family members. i know my fmil and my grandma would both really appreciate me trying to incorporate something like that into my dress or bouquet!

brazen_irish_hussy, you are right about regina b! i found one that i absolutely loved there. i also thought that michael michaud''s stuff was really pretty and interesting!

pandora II, thank you so much for your suggestion about looking at the UK ebay site. i started my search (there is quite a lot posted there) and i''m hoping to find something! thanks for also informing about the gold too!

karasue91, wow, that rubylane has a TON of stuff. so far, i''ve made it through to about page 30 of 150! i am going to keep searching that site. thanks!!
ringster, i do suggest the ebay UK one now that Pandora II turned me on to it. i had looked at the us ebay and i didn''t really see anything there that i liked. the UK one seemed to be much better for that stuff.

mercoledi, thank you so much for that site you posted! i love it! it has a ton of cute stuff on there, not just brooches! thanks again!

indypitty, i would like to place the brooch on the side of my dress. i''ll attach a pic for reference. my dress originally had a bow off to the side and i hated it. so i''m having that removed and i''m placing the brooch in its place! do you have a picture of your dress? if you post it, i can take a look at it and help with suggestions?

broochwdress.JPG

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
v!v!,

Thanks! I have posted a picture... Any suggestions? Your dress is beautiful, by the way! Have you found a brooch yet?

trumpet7.JPG

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely continue to check ebay. I am doing the same thing with my dress and recently won an auction for a vintage brooch (paid less than $30). I will be replacing the flower on my dress with this brooch. I can''t wait to get it!

weddingdress8876.JPG

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
here is the brooch i won. Measures 2.5 inches in diameter. I am hoping it looks good!

brooch12345.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 7:32:44 PM
Author: v!v!

ringster, i do suggest the ebay UK one now that Pandora II turned me on to it. i had looked at the us ebay and i didn''t really see anything there that i liked. the UK one seemed to be much better for that stuff.
Sssssshhhhhh!

I shall be very upset if I have to bid against half of PS now!
28.gif

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Can I suggest Etsy? Try a vintage search (use drop down menu next to search bar) and type in brooch.
1.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
I bought a fabulous broach at Vera Wang and wore it on my dress. It was 150 and it made my cheapo dress look so much better, and I have worn it since. It''s kind of an s shape.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
there is a one on QVC right now that would look cool...J32921

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 8:21:02 PM
Author: Pandora II
Date: 6/6/2008 7:32:44 PM

Author: v!v!

Sssssshhhhhh!

I shall be very upset if I have to bid against half of PS now!
28.gif

cat''s out of the bag now
28.gif
31.gif

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
hi indypitty, so sorry for the slow response. anyway, i absolutely love your dress! gorgeous! about placement for the brooch, do you think it might look good maybe in the same spot i''m placing mine? just on the side of the dress? or how about right in the center at the top of your dress? i''m not sure about that one, i might have to see it first. does the bridal shop where you got your dress have trunk shows? i went to one at the place where i got my dress and they had me put my dress on and then try on all this jewelry with it. you might want to try that out and maybe the sales people might also have good ideas as to where to place it?

DMBsgirl, your dress is awesome! and i love how you are placing that brooch on the side of the dress! it''s going to look fantastic!!

pandora, sorry! i won''t tell anyone else about the ebay uk!
2.gif

rubybeth, thanks for your suggestion with Etsy. i love that website! i did some searching there but couldn''t really find anything that would go with my dress.

newsysuzy, i will check out vera wang now too! thanks!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 8:03:06 PM
Author: indypitty
v!v!,

Thanks! I have posted a picture... Any suggestions? Your dress is beautiful, by the way! Have you found a brooch yet?
Indy-

I tried on a dress very similar to this an dI used a satin sash that I double up and wrapped around me 2x, so the extra fabris is very short, then I pinned it w. the brooch. it looked gorgeous and I plan to do something like that for my wedding

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Etsy is a great place. I swear that website is like a drug...i ordered my std cards from the website

I just stumbled across this website...Glitterbug

Also, i have a ton of pins/broochs from when they were popular a few years ago. I found all mine at a Korean import store in Dallas. You can now purchase things online Sam Moon.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results