shape
carat
color
clarity

Broken Engagement

jny04

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I got engaged in 2009 October, spent ages looking for the right ring. However we mutually ended this in March 2010.

I am now stuck with the ring, which I spent a little money on, and would like advice in how to sell it, or move it on?

Its a stunning ring - and I just do not know what to do.... or how much it will be worth now?

Diamond Grading Report EGL EGL2927130125
Shape and Cutting Style Round Brilliant
Measurements (mm) 6.43 x 6.49 x 4.01
Grading Results
Carat Weight 1.03
Colour D
Clarity SI1

Polish and Cut Excellent grade.

Your assistance is most appreciated.

Attachments

• 0014_0001[1].pdf
    259.3 KB · Views: 141

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry for your broken engagement. There are the usual routes of ebay or craigslist, or idonowidont.com, but you might have
better luck with a jewelry store that does consignments. Jewels by Erica Grace does consignments, I believe as well as Pearlmans.
You could probably find a few in your area. Just make sure to read the terms carefully. Good luck.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry things didn't work out!

The merchant you bought the ring from, does he have an upgrade policy?

If the merchant does have an upgrade policy, you could wait for the right girl to come around and upgrade the current ring to something that your new partner would like. I would put some additional cash into the upgrade, but I'm sure that you would get a better deal on an upgrade than the 30-50-70% loss you would have to take if you sold it via consignment or buy-back.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The best way to not lose money is to not sell the stone, but to keep it for future use. You could readily sell the mounting for the scrap value and when you meet the right person, a diamond you already own will be the very least costly way to get engaged. There are so many things making financial demands on people that having a nice diamond reserved for future use might not be a bad bet. If the new intended does not want a diamond that you had given or received before, then you can trade it in or sell it to a friend who needs a stone at a fair price. If you are in the typical "getting engaged" years of your life you will likely have many friends in need of a diamond and maybe yours can be sold for a better price than they can find if you are flexible about the selling price to an extent. Just by asking a few hundred bucks less than stones being offered on Pricescope could be very attractive to a willing buyer who you know and can easily do a little business with. You'll find it VERY difficult to sell to strangers on E-Bay or Craigslist and fraud is rampant.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Do you really need the money? If not, then perhaps you could consider putting it in a pendant. If you really must sell, why not try the diamondbistro or ebay, or locally with craisglist. Now is the time people are looking for diamonds. You will be sad to know you'll probably only get half of what you paid!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results