shape
carat
color
clarity

Britax Car Seat Sale

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Diapers dot com has 25% off Britax car seats. I've heard Britax are the best for the convertible car seats, although I admittedly haven't done a lick of research on them. Thoughts, recommendations, experiences with Britax? Is this a good sale? Don't want to jump the gun to purchase our next car seat, but also want to get a good deal!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Well, best is what fits your car, your child, your wallet ;-) and what you'll use correctly and safely each time.

Having said that, Britax are very good seats, in my opinion. They do, however, have a shorter shell, which means that taller kids will not last as long, particularly rear facing, as other seats out there (Diono Radian, Clek Foonf, Graco Size 4 Me 70, among others). My 2.5 year old son is tall and has outgrown one Roundabout completely, both RFing and FFing, and has outgrown a newer model RFing as well, having only one inch before the seat is outgrown FFing. But he's tall, whereas my short 4.5 year old can still fit in it FFing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
When should you transition to the convertible seat? Is it 30 lbs? Are they then rear facing in the convertible? Until when? Clueless, much?

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
We have a Britax convertible that goes up to 70. It's either the Pavillion or Advocate, I can't recall. We tested a lot, but felt most comfortable with this one. For me, the steel bars give me piece of mind and was the real selling point. Others were just made entirely of plastic.

Also, if you look at either one I mentioned above, the side impact cushions,near the head, raise as the child grows. Our daughter is big and we think she will be able to use it for a while.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Dani|1356009237|3336398 said:
When should you transition to the convertible seat? Is it 30 lbs? Are they then rear facing in the convertible? Until when? Clueless, much?

Ours goes from 5-40lbs rear facing. We plan to keep her rear facing as long as possible. We just bought ours in November when she was 4m and 17lbs. We changed only because I didn't feel comfortable having her in her other car seat and she didn't seem to like it.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We have a Britax Boulevard and a Diono Radian. I actually like the Britax better--easier to adjust the shoulder straps, easier to install, etc., but we bought the Radian because our baby is tall and like other's have pointed out, Britax is better for shorter babies. At 10 months, K already has to bend her knees when rear-facing in the Britax. In the Diono, her feet just touch the back seat. I think long-term she'll be more comfy in the Diono. If K were on the shorter side, we probably would have just gotten two Britaxes.

Also, the Diono is long and skinny while the Britax is more squat. It fits in the middle position of our back seat and the driver and front passenger seats can slide back and forth without a problem. The Britax is wider, so we had to scoot the driver and front passenger seats up.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Im going to pay close attention to this thread, considering we are going to have to purchase a convertible seat soon. L is 3 months and already 16 lbs!!! Im going to need 2 I think...actually, probably 3, because Grandma is going to need one, since she will be watching him a few days a week while Im at work. Do we need one for each of our cars (mine and MH's)? We pretty much have our set cars, but what if there is an emergency and he drives off with the car with the carseat and then Im stuck? That just makes me nervous, so I think Im more comfortable getting two.
Can anyone recommend some models in different price ranges that they like? I would probably rather go a bit cheaper on the seat Grandma has, since he wont even be riding in that one that much. THANKS!! :))

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dani, You can get a nice car seat for the car that L will be riding in most of the time. Then get a safe but less expensive one for the other car. As far as buying a 3rd car, would it ever be possible to just leave your car for grandma when she's watching the baby? Mostly because if it's a once-in-a-while thing, most people wouldn't want a permanently installed car seat. And MY opinion is the seat is less secure when you're constantly moving/removing it. If it's a set it and forget it, then I feel it's more secure because the straps are being messed with. For us, we bought 2 Dionos one for my car and one for DH's. But that was went DH was doing drop off and I was doing pick up. So Ethan was riding in both cars every day. Now that I'm doing both drop off and pick up, I kinda wish we didn't have to buy that second pricey seat. Oh well, live and learn ;-)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LC!!! Well, Grandma will be watching him the 3 days a week I'm at work, so I think she is going to need one. Don't think she will mind a car seat permanently in her car :) I was hoping some of you would chime in with your recommendations!!!!:)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
One thing to consider is how it will fit with future carseats if you plan to have more kids.

We bought a Britax when my son was 6mo and I was tired of the bucket. Now that he is much bigger and we are expecting #2 we switched to a Radian, because it is narrower. I also have found it MUCH easier to get him in and out of, which at 30lbs + and me being pregnant is a big deal!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
All great advice and info! Thanks everyone!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you posted this! I was trying to decide between the Britax and Diono myself, so the opinions are nice to have. We're definitely late in getting a convertible seat for A. She's 13 months, but still petite (18lbs and 27"-28").

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it's good to look at the width if you are planning to have more kids. We are able to fit a Britax Blvd (FFing) and a Britax Diplomat (RFing) next to each other in our Honda Pilot, but you can't fit them next to each other both FFing. Now we have a Britax Frontier SICT with the Blvd, and they can't be next to each other. So if you are planning for 3 kids, then definitely get narrower seats.

ETA: Also kids typically outgrow the seat by height instead of weight, so looking higher height limits.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
The car seat thing is so overwhelming. We were at BRU last night and there are so many options. And then trying to pick one that will fit in our car RFing...not fun.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We went to BRU and BBB today and the car seats are just huge! The Britax is definitely wider than the Diono. Also, seems clear that the Diono can fit in middle seat so both front passenger seats aren't in the dash board. Don't think that is true of the Britax. Also, not sure if we should be getting two of these, or just one...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results