shape
carat
color
clarity

Brisbane, Australia - Recommended diamond dealers

butters88

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am in the market for an engagement ring and have been going around in circles looking at diamonds online.

I have identified a few local companies but their prices all differ substantially even when looking at the same diamond.

Just wondering if there are any locals from Brisbane on here who are able to recommend something.

I am looking for minimum 1ct, VS2, F (possibly G), triple ex. The diamond will be paired with a yellow gold band, with white gold prongs.

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've just gone through an 18 month process of trying to find decent stones in Australia and have come to the conclusion that online is the best way to go for both a fantastic stone but also value for money.

I was hesitant and reluctant but I have just finalised a purchase with Brian Gavin Diamonds and am awaiting my solitaire to be finalised in the next day or so.

I can wholeheartedly recommend them if you want to venture into the online diamond world as a fantastic vendor to help you out. Their diamonds are absolutely beautiful and once I receive my setting I will be able to comment on that quality also.

There are many Aussies around here who have purchased online from the recommended vendors here. Good luck in your search and if you put up your specifications and budget, many here will help you find the perfect stone, all while saving you some money!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I am also having my project with BGD for a custom cut stone, their service is just great!

bibs

Rough_Rock
Hi,
If you want someone local try Manuel at the French Door at Indooroopilly. Great to work with.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I second what the posters above have said. I'm also in Qld and whilst I haven't purchased from BGD I have purchased from both Whiteflash and Good Old Gold and been extremely happy with both. Even with our cringeworthy aussie dollar I still think you get a better deal buying from the US than you do here. Just my 2 cents worth! Good luck! :)

KingKuda

Rough_Rock
Premium
I purchased my stone from a company called Sydney Diamond Corporation earlier this year. I was after a very specific pear diamond (L/W, colour, proportions, etc) and had exhausted all of the options online and at my local jeweller. I found these guys website online and was very sceptical at first, but took a punt based on the fact that I needed to make a choice ASAP, had limited options and I was able to pay on Paypal which meant I was completely covered.

The vendor source the stone from overseas and actually offered me an alternative stone, which I ended up selecting. The diamond arrived in Australia within 2 weeks, was sent to a Gemologist for a review and then sent directly to me 2 days later. The stone I received was on par with what other online vendors would charge, however was a brilliant stone and wasn't any of the other online sites.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Call Danny at The Diamond Centre in Brisbane. My whole family have bought stones from him. 07) 32212731
Have you got a budget? I’m assuming you’re looking for a round brilliant?

butters88

Rough_Rock
I have created another thread which outlines what my budget and expectations are. I could be way off the mark though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results