shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Collection Freshadama Earrings

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I've been eyeing the Brilliant Collection Freshadama earrings for a while... I recently noticed that they were on sale, and I took the plunge! There isn't much information on this forum about this particular earring style, so I just wanted to share some pictures in case anyone out there is curious to know how it looks like on the ear. Prior to purchasing the earrings, I was worried that the pearls wouldn't dangle nicely just below my earlobe. But it turned out great!

2016-02-18_22.jpg 2016-02-18_22_0.jpg

The pearls are 9-10mm with silver overtones. I was a teeny bit disappointed when I inspected the pearls closely, as the pearls were a little smaller than expected and there are a couple of small blemishes on the side of the pearls. Plus I realize I much prefer the look of white metallic pearls as compared to Freshadamas (this is the first time I've purchased Freshadama pearls). But overall, I guess I'm satisfied enough to keep the earrings and avoid the hassle of international returns! Thanks for looking!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting! They hang in a very attractive place below your ear lobes.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for posting - they look great. It is great to see the size and the style - so hard to imagine vendor pictures IRL.

Can you share who the vendor is? enjoy. :love:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures, especially the ear shots.

I understand your disappointment. However, the earrings look fabulous on you and the luster is high from the photo. Enjoy!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D2B, the OP said they were Freshadama pearls; that is a brand name of Pearl Paradise's for their top of the line FWP.

poppins

Rough_Rock
I think they look lovely.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
whimsyglory|1455906218|3992973 said:
Hi all! I've been eyeing the Brilliant Collection Freshadama earrings for a while... I recently noticed that they were on sale, and I took the plunge! There isn't much information on this forum about this particular earring style, so I just wanted to share some pictures in case anyone out there is curious to know how it looks like on the ear. Prior to purchasing the earrings, I was worried that the pearls wouldn't dangle nicely just below my earlobe. But it turned out great!

The pearls are 9-10mm with silver overtones. I was a teeny bit disappointed when I inspected the pearls closely, as the pearls were a little smaller than expected and there are a couple of small blemishes on the side of the pearls. Plus I realize I much prefer the look of white metallic pearls as compared to Freshadamas (this is the first time I've purchased Freshadama pearls). But overall, I guess I'm satisfied enough to keep the earrings and avoid the hassle of international returns! Thanks for looking!

So are you saying you measured them and they are not 9-10mm?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
These are just gorgeous! And they look lovely on you!

Q

Queenie60

They're lovely. Look great on you and are very classic. Can dress up or dress down. Winner!! :love:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
My mom just purchased a pair of these too. I love this setting! So elegant and simple. They look beautiful on you!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful earrings!!

Re: the Freshadamas, I also recently bought some for the first time. I got some smaller lavender studs, and was also slightly disappointed as one of the pearls had a very visible blemish (according to PP, Freshadamas should display virtually no spotting or blemishes). I did keep the pair of earrings because the blemish is not that visible once the earring is worn, and also because the cost of return shipping for refund or exchange would have not been worth it for me (since I am not in the US). I will acknowledge that PP does have a great return policy and customer service, especially for US customers.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1456217110|3994324 said:

Beautiful earrings!!

Re: the Freshadamas, I also recently bought some for the first time. I got some smaller lavender studs, and was also slightly disappointed as one of the pearls had a very visible blemish (according to PP, Freshadamas should display virtually no spotting or blemishes). I did keep the pair of earrings because the blemish is not that visible once the earring is worn, and also because the cost of return shipping for refund or exchange would have not been worth it for me (since I am not in the US). I will acknowledge that PP does have a great return policy and customer service, especially for US customers.

I have had a couple of quality control issues with PP in the past too. PP has given top notch service with any issues I have had, but there is still the inconvenience and sometimes expense of cross border returns/exchanges/repairs. I will continue to buy from PP, but with every purchase I have realized that I need to ask a sales associate to be very hands on with quality control or else there is a good chance there will need to be a fix of some sort. This is no biggie with the free US shipping and returns, but annoying and/or costly for international customers.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I have several PP pieces and they are all lovely.

What are the diamonds like in these, or are they too small to tell? Considering buying them, you see!

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the lovely comments! I've been wearing the earrings almost everyday since I've gotten them :love:

Snowdrop13 - The diamonds are quite small, so they display a subtle shimmer instead of being very sparkly. Nevertheless, the setting is still pretty!

mochiko42 and EvangelineG - I actually involved a sales associate in the selection of pearls, so it was rather surprising to me to discover the couple of small blemishes on the pearls. Then again, perhaps I inspected the pearls a little too closely (literally within a few inches from my eyes haha). I would like to add that all my previous purchases from PP have been flawless though. I agree with the inconvenience of international returns - really envy consumers based in the US! So many online shopping choices with free delivery and returns.

Nacrelover - Nope I didn't measure the pearls, nor was I trying to imply what you stated. I simply wanted to convey the misalignment between the expectation I had in mind, and what I saw when the pearls arrived. I guess this is mainly due to my other pair of 10-11mm Tahitian studs - they are quite a lot bigger than the 9-10mm Freshadama. Anyway, I've grown to like the size of the Freshadama pearls after wearing the earrings for the past week or so. They're comfortable and don't tug on my ear holes too much.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your explanation makes perfect sense. It's natural to think that going 1mm smaller would not make for such a difference in size, but in fact a pearl that is 11mm in diameter is 33% larger in size (volume) than a 10mm pearl. That is definitely significant.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, off to peruse the PP site once again :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results