shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid''s dress .... (or the lack of)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
I have never thought of asking my bridesmaids to wear identical dresses because it is not usual for my culture (asian). I thought (for me) it isn't really necessary, and I have never given any thoughts as to why the bride has such a request. I wondered to myself lately ... is there any practical reason (other than "indicating that they are the bridesmaid?" .... then I read an article about wedding pictures, and it hits me! One of the reasons could be that if they wore the same dress, the pictures would look so much better and of course the ceremony would also look better as well! Silly me who have never thought about that.

Um .... so what should I do? I know that I still wouldn't be designing the same dress for my bridesmaid, but I am thinking to just request them to wear the same shade of color with the same length (e.g. just about the knee black dress), any material, any style that they like (strapless, halter, thin straps... etc), It would very likely to be black because it is universally flattering, and I won't have to explain which "shade" of black.

Do you think that will work out, in terms of having a uniformed impression in the ceremony?

On the other hand, since I do not want to restrict what kind of dresses they want to wear (I don't want to be ... bossy :razz:) do you think it really would be very distracting to have my bridesmaid wearing different things?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is a very popular look these days and I think it''ll look fine! Don''t worry!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 10:39:31 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think this is a very popular look these days and I think it''ll look fine! Don''t worry!
Hi Neatfreak, so you think it is ok to have different colors, just whatever they prefer?
36.gif

.... wait a min, but you are supposed to be a "neatfreak"??
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 11:04:12 AM
Author: mb418
Date: 8/17/2008 10:39:31 AM

Author: neatfreak

I think this is a very popular look these days and I think it'll look fine! Don't worry!

Hi Neatfreak, so you think it is ok to have different colors, just whatever they prefer?
36.gif

.... wait a min, but you are supposed to be a 'neatfreak'??
3.gif

Lol. I am a neatfreak, but in no way a matching freak. I let my MOH wear whatever she wanted to my wedding!

I believe it was Haven who recently had her BM's in all different pastel shades? Very pretty. And you can't go wrong with all in black.

You could also do all in "insert wedding color here". So all in different shades of pink, blue, whatever. That would be nice too.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about different shades of black it''ll still look great I believe if they choose the same fabric..e.g. all satin or all taffeta. I also believe it was Haven and it looked great! So whichever would be great.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results