shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dresses under 100 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping to find some bridesmaid dresses for my girls that are under 100 dollars (hopefully under 75). All of them are either in college or out of work, or can''t afford to spend a lot.

Suggestions? I was thinking of finding them in a department store, but then you run into the problem of all the girls not buying them at once and the dress going out of stock.

Any suggestions welcome! Thank you. :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If you are open to this, I would imagine the best possible option, is to tell them the color and a gereal idea of the style you want them to wear, and then let them find their own dress.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Seconding Meresal''s idea...we gave them a color (brown) and a general style (knee-length cocktail dress) and it turned out great. We had people with a lot of different skin tones, so I said any shade of brown from khaki to espresso was fine. Everybody chose the exact smae color brown (dark chocolate/espresso) and 3 people bought the exact same dress
3.gif
It looked really great, everyone loved their dresses, and they are all continuing to wear them.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My only other thought than what was previously mentioned, is finding a dress at a retail store that you like and having them each get one. Even Target has cute, simple dresses that come in multiple colors like this one:
http://www.target.com/Merona-Collection-Non-Beaded-Neckline-Dress/dp/B00285PW26/187-5219214-3156836?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Abridesmaids&page=1

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest looking at some of the cheaper brands (dessy, jasmine line) and then ordering through netbride. We had considered a dress from Dessy, and through netbride it was liess than 100 I believe. I was very happy with their product and service too!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:57:55 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
My only other thought than what was previously mentioned, is finding a dress at a retail store that you like and having them each get one. Even Target has cute, simple dresses that come in multiple colors like this one:

http://www.target.com/Merona-Collection-Non-Beaded-Neckline-Dress/dp/B00285PW26/187-5219214-3156836?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Abridesmaids&page=1

Why can''t target in oz have such cute dresses :), I had a further look there on the website and there are some really cute choices

cute purple dress 13.98

Cute navy dress with lace trim

Cute chocolate strapless I like how they added the flower :)13.98 as well

Good luck with your search :)

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting married on the beach so the dresses are going to be sort of casual so I will likely be getting Victoria Secret dresses for BMs.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 4:57:32 PM
Author: nkarma
I am getting married on the beach so the dresses are going to be sort of casual so I will likely be getting Victoria Secret dresses for BMs.
I was going to recommend Victoria''s Secret, too! They have some very affordable, cute dresses.

Have you seen this one? It is very similar to these and these, but not as expensive!! I''m considering them for my bridesmaids...I hope they work cuz the price is right!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I just bought these Target Dress and they're great! I really like them. I bought 13 of them for 13.98 just in case my BMs couldn't fit it. I read other brides are using these dresses for their bms too so, i thought what the hey? I can always return it!

One note of caution though: the sash is REALLY funky. So, you will probably have to change the sash out for something more fun ;-)

Hope this helps with your search! there are bms dresses under 100! (and you can always return it ;-) I think.. ;-) )

saster

Rough_Rock
Nordstrom has a whole section of dresses priced $100 or under. Here is the link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6026421/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6026421?origin=leftnav

There are a lot of options - some of the JS Boutique ones look very much like more traditional bridesmaids dresses, if that's the look you are after.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Check at Marshall''s and TJ Maxx. My girlfriend found her girls'' dresses there. They were these amazing black satin dresses that were $30 each. Of course, she only had 3 girls so it was a little easier to find so few dresses. I''ll check and see if I have any photos...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I did what Bella did- told them blue and knee length. I had every shade of blue from aqua to navy and I think the look was pretty cohesive! Some of the dresses were actual BM dresses and a few were from a department store. They had the option to spend as little or as much as they wanted.

ctekbmsblue.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I found our dresses on sale J Crew and ordered them in a range of sizes then returned the ones that didn''t fit. They ended up being ~$80 a piece with shipping.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 12:27:13 PM
Author: Clairitek
I did what Bella did- told them blue and knee length. I had every shade of blue from aqua to navy and I think the look was pretty cohesive! Some of the dresses were actual BM dresses and a few were from a department store. They had the option to spend as little or as much as they wanted.

Ditto! I told my girls black, no specifics on length but I did specify that they get something that has a "Vintage Flair", 1940''s pin-up ish, timeless.

Clairitek - your girls look stunning! I love it when dresses don''t match!

Cj

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m (more than likely) doing a dress from David''s for my bridesmaids. I wanted something with a sixties flair. Kind of "Mad Men" meets Michelle Obama. These are $99 right now and I''m doing them in a gunmetal grey color. My best friend got married last June and we did dresses from White House Black Market. They were less than $100 also.

davidsdresspicfops.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
What color/s? Short or long?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just went with my sis today to buy her wedding dress. While we were there, we asked about clearance items. All of the shops had a basement full of clearance dresses. Most were marked at 50 or less.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
When I had originally planned on an August beach wedding, I went to Ross during their "dress week" event and happened to find several of the same dress in many different sizes for $20. They were really pretty so I just bought them right then and there. As it turned out, we completely scrapped that idea, but they were returnable so it wasn''t a problem. Too bad for my girls. The ones we are using were over $100.

caseygal

Rough_Rock
Trade
know anyone that sews? my mom sews very well, so we decided to pick a pattern and buy fabric to make dresses. we got gorgeous green silk for $7 a yard, and it takes about 3 yards per dress. super cheap and i get exactly what i wanted! from what i understand, you could probably hire a seamstress and still have very affordable dresses.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my 5 bridesmaids get lovely black tea length dresses from JCPenney. The dress could be ordered online if the store didn't have their size. Easy and affordable! They looked much nicer than the typical polyester bridesmaid dresses because they were silk. A few girls were able to buy them on sale even, but no one spent more than $70 I believe.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I posted and then went MIA. I have been busy the past couple days!

Thanks everyone SO much for the ideas/leads. I am going to investigate all of them and hopefully I will find something. It'd be super easy if I could tell the girls to get a black dress ... but my colors are what's making this challenging. They are blue and yellow, and certain shades of both. The blue is a steel blue (like the JCrew color "hazel") and the yellow is a muted mustard yellow with a hint of gold. I want short dresses, but am open to strapless or halter, etc.

Keep the ideas coming and I will check out the options you all listed! Thanks again!

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
Do you by any chance live near a city that has a garment district? I bought my BM dresses in Los Angels at the garment district for $50. They did not look like 50 dollar dresses at all. Much better than anything I saw at the bridal shops.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I had a dressmaker make the dresses for my BMs. Found her on Etsy.com and she made convertible dresses for the girls so they can choose to wear it which ever way they want on the day of, I figured this way they spend the $75 and can wear it again. Let me know if you need the lady''s info.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Cupcake--- definitely! I would love her info. Were you happy with the product? Do you have any pictures?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Here is the link on Etsy to see the dress but in black, ours are Royal Blue:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=15205759

You can click on contact under her avatar and email her. She did 5 dresses for us, $75 each no shipping charge if all shipped to the same location. For those that wanted it to ship to their address, I think she charge $5 each address. I am going to have one of my bridesmaid put it on tonight, I will try to post come pictures. HTH!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Mine are from David''s Bridal (www.davidsbridal.com) style number 83312. Tried to post a pic but kept getting an error message. Anyway, the dresses are $135 but I got 20 off for getting my dress there. All of my girls are either in college or just graduated. They thought that was a fair price and all really LOVED the dress. In fact, they went and picked it out, and all agreed that it was something they could use after the wedding too.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of telling your BM''s a general color/look of the dress and letting them pick their own. I love the non-matchy look of the BM party.

You may also want to try places like:
Pearls Place (pearlsplace.com) i think
netbride.com
bestbridalprices.com

Good Luck
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 12:19:39 AM
Author: ArtistJess
Mine are from David''s Bridal (www.davidsbridal.com) style number 83312. Tried to post a pic but kept getting an error message. Anyway, the dresses are $135 but I got 20 off for getting my dress there. All of my girls are either in college or just graduated. They thought that was a fair price and all really LOVED the dress. In fact, they went and picked it out, and all agreed that it was something they could use after the wedding too.

DB also has some good sales on BM dresses. But again, you run into styles/sizes/colors selling out.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if it's your style, but Anthropologie has a bunch of cute dresses on sale, and most are under $100. I just got my MOH's dress there for $80. The only thing is that the smaller sizes do tend to sell out pretty quickly, but if it's not in a store but they show stock online, they will order it for you and you won't be charged for shipping.

ETA - Yeesh that's small! The quality gets terrible when I try to re-size, but just wanted to let you know that if you like Anthropologie, their sale section is pretty crazy so it may be worth a shot to take a look!
21.gif

anthro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results