shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dress delemma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Well now here I am again stuck on what to do! I really want the bridesmaid dresses to reflect my dress but im having a hard time finding any dresses in the color of the sash on my dress which happens to be slate blue. the dress
All of my bridesmaids are around the same size (sizes 2-6) so style really isn''t an issue. our wedding colors are ligt blues and rubber ducky yellow with hints of oranges. I don''t mind if the dresses are another color but im not sure how great that would look.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks -GB

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
What brand is your dress? Have you checked to see if that designer also does bridesmaid dresses?

I would check out Rayliadesigns.com. It looks like their desert blue might work.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
What about Alfred Angelo''s "cornflower"? It looks pretty close to the color of your sash (on my monitor at least)!
1.gif

AACornflower.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 4:49:04 PM
Author: robbie3982
What brand is your dress? Have you checked to see if that designer also does bridesmaid dresses?

I would check out Rayliadesigns.com. It looks like their desert blue might work.

thanks robbie my dress is from 2be brides ill check to see if they have anything, I cant seem to find that desert blue color you mentioned on the other site.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:03:09 PM
Author: Kerbear560
What about Alfred Angelo''s ''cornflower''? It looks pretty close to the color of your sash (on my monitor at least)!
1.gif

ohh thanks has anyone seen these colors in person by any chance? theres an bride shop that carries alfred angelo dresses near me Ill have to check there.
I would just get the amsale dresses but I don''t want to pay that much!

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
This dress from David''s Bridal comes in slate blue.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2678&prodgroup=110

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
that dress looks fun! hehe it looks a bit darker than my blue though hmm maybe its just my comp! thanks again!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
ok i checked the designer of my dresses website i think they only do wedding gowns so boo for that!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
This is kind of fun!
1.gif
Watters english net dresses are available in "pale blue":

watterspaleblue.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Watters again...silk organza is available in "mist":

WattersMist.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
ooh both are beautiful you have great taste kerbear!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:29:51 PM
Author: GarysBride
that dress looks fun! hehe it looks a bit darker than my blue though hmm maybe its just my comp! thanks again!

Because of computer monitor/photograph issues, you really will have to look in person. But if you find dresses that are the same color blue but just a darker version, I think that would be fine (maybe even better than the pale slate blue). You just want to make sure that its the same greyish blue and not more greenish or more purplish than your sash color.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:53:07 PM
ooh both are beautiful you have great taste kerbear!

Thank you!
9.gif
Here''s one from WTOO- the fabric is voile in "ice blue":

WTOOiceblue.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:07:06 PM

Date: 2/13/2007 4:49:04 PM
Author: robbie3982

thanks robbie my dress is from 2be brides ill check to see if they have anything, I cant seem to find that desert blue color you mentioned on the other site.
Go here http://www.rayliadesigns.com/collections//show.php?a=Show_Image&id=264&cat_id=1 and then click organza in the bottom rightish corner. It should pop up with all the colors available.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 6:14:39 PM
Author: laine
Date: 2/13/2007 5:29:51 PM

Because of computer monitor/photograph issues, you really will have to look in person. But if you find dresses that are the same color blue but just a darker version, I think that would be fine (maybe even better than the pale slate blue). You just want to make sure that its the same greyish blue and not more greenish or more purplish than your sash color.

Ditto! Although looking for the perfect color online has been a fun way for me to spend the afternoon!
9.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
haha you are a funny one kerbear! thanks again sorry for the delay i was busy cooking valentines day brownies lol!
18.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I am pretty sure any shop carrying Alfred Angelo, and has the separates line, will have them in cornflower blue.

My understanding is that is the standard color they put the samples out in.

It''s very pretty- but sort of frustrating cuz we were looking for the Wine color to see more than a 1inch block of it in person!

Good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The ''cloudy'' swatch posted by mercoledi looks almost spot on to me (on my monitor, at least).

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Who makes your dress? They don''t make BM dresses too?

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
woo ive been gone all day! the designer of my gown is 2be and sadly they dont make bridesmaid gowns grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results