shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Shower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I am throwing a bridal shower for my FSIL. I was just wondering what are some of the best and worst things about your showers?
Favorite Foods, gifts, games.....
things like that....

I am throwing it in a private room at a local pizza place, I will be decorating but she has already had one shower and they did some of the games I was going to do there, is it still ok to have some of the same games?

HELP!!!

thanks...Of all the things I have lost lately....I miss my mind the most!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexis!

I''ve only been to one bridal shower so far (for a friend) and my 2 favorite games were a version of pin the tail on the donkey and toilet paper bride. For pin the tail on the donkey, we had a picture of the bride''s favorite movie star (can''t remember who it was) and we all put on really dark lipstick and had to try to kiss the guy on the lips. It was a lot of fun.

I would think that as long as the guests aren''t all the same people you could repeat games.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I specifically instructed my sister "no games" at my bridal shower. (I also specified no cantaloupe in the fruit tray but my aunt brought that anyway).
Anyway, my sister-in -law had a really neat idea in lieu of games. She passed around blank note cards and everyone wrote a note inside, then wrote the occasion to be opened on the envelope. Some of the occasions were "your first big fight", "your honeymoon", "when you find out you are expecting" I think someone even wrote one for the 25th anniversary! I thought that was a really neat idea and something we can look forward to opening in the future!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did quizzes - ie. how much does the bride know about the groom, etc (and get questions from the groom ahead of time). Or have the bride and groom make up a quiz and have the guests take it during the shower to see how much they know about the couple.

We had finger foods at a lot of the showers I''ve been to, which was fun. And of course some yummy cake.
5.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m also hosting a bridal shower in the near future and this thread has been most helpful! I was such a zombie at mine, and don''t remember all the little details (like the games)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Guess the Gift" bingo is always fun from my experiences of attending bridal or baby showers...you just have bingo cards and everyone fills out the squares with potential gifts the bride might receive and then cross them off as the gifts are opened. it gives guests something to do while watching all the opening of presents!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
TiffanyTwisted, that''s such a lovely idea! I am not a big fan of the "shower games" but I''m also older so...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just hosted a bridal shower 3 weeks ago and we had 4 games.

1 was a bust (bridal acronyms) but the rest were fun!

I went to www.bridalshowergamesatoz.com and bought 3 games to play. You can print off however many sheets you need (or print one and get it copied).

Toilet paper wedding dress was THE hit of the party! We split up into groups of 4 and one person was the model. The bride was the judge. The girls really got into it! I also had colored crepe paper to make it a bt colorful (don''t forget tape!). The winning group each recieved a small bouquest of flowers.

Famous couples game (from the AtoZ site) was fun but challenging. And bridal word mix up was fun and fast (5 minutes)!

We also did "don''t say..." where each guest got a mardi gra bead necklace (cheap to buy! I got a bucket of 100 for like $7.00 online). I gave each guest a necklace as they came in and they could NOT say the words: bride, groom, wedding, marriage. If someone overheard another guest say any other those words, she could take all of the other person''s beads! It got REALLY competitive (especially between the mother-in-laws!) and was a lot of fun.

Hope this helps!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
you know, at every shower I''ve thrown, we''ve played games, but so far at the showers that have been thrown for me, we haven''t had any games. (Except at one we played "don''t say" with clothes pins). So far, I don''t think anyone''s missed the games. BUT, then again, my showers so far have had mostly guests who know eachother well already, so no games were needed to break the ice. WHat''s your guest list like; if your guests all know eachother, you may not need games b/c people will enjoy just hanging out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results