shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Jewelry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to have some type of vintage look diamond jewlery to go with my very simple wedding dress (sheath, slip style, hair in chignon with flowers) for next May...trying to figure out what I''d want! I''d much rather spring a few hundred bucks for something with REAL diamonds than the paste stuff that they sell at all the overpriced jewelry stores. Since I love the drop / chandelier earrings...here is my current favorite set.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are the earrings--from Fortunoff...so pretty! A little pricey at $500 but right up my alley..ahh.

lacey drop earrings fortunoff 500.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the pendant that matches the earrings--very simple and yet classy--and a great price at 295! Wondering how the set would look with such a simple silk dress. Hair will be up in a rolled chignon so I love the thought of the dangly earrings.

Then I could actually wear the set later for going out etc....and pass it onto our kids etc (wow did I actually say that?!
errrr.gif
)

Hmmm how can I justify this to the better half.. did I say that I wasn't buying any more jewelry for a while? Did I really?
saint.gif

antiquelook oval pendant fortunoff 295.jpeg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. That vintage look jewelry should look great with a simple sheath dress. I agree that, if you can afford it, it is better to spend a little more and get something that you love and will enjoy wearing again. Everytime you wear them, you'll think about your special day, plus I like the idea of handing them down to your kids someday with a special story. Personally, I would probably skip the jewelry altogether rather than wear most of the paste "special occasion" jewelry sold at the maul --reminds me too much of prom.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay..my thoughts exactly..and some of the typical bridal jewelry is pricey too! Say around $50-100 for earrings and around $200 or so for a necklace. So why not spend a little more (okay okay $500 more!!) for the real thing? Something I'd be proud to wear again and hand down...hmmm..good reasoning.
1.gif
I will have to drop some hints for Xmas...if I can pair the purchase around a gift he'd get me anyway, then my chances of getting them are higher..he likes the 'kill two birds' analogy. Plus I bet Fortunoff will have a sale special for holiday...get some sort of % off.

Ahh romance.
rodent.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
You know Mara - I was just thinking the same thing this weekend when I popped into a few stores to look at costume jewelry for my gown.

I was amazed that earrings and a necklace would cost me more than $100 - and for stuff that was fake! WHAT?
6.gif

I agree - I would so rather spend more and buy something I will wear again rather than something that will eventually be tossed in the trash.

Of course I have fallen in love
love.gif
with a white gold/diamond necklace at a maul jeweler for $600. My FI would kill me. Getting matching earrings would cost another couple hundred.

The problems of being a bride.

If I didn't have an entire wedding to pay for I'd get the darn necklace - but I can't knowing we have a huge bill hanging over our heads. Sigh
8.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
How do you think this necklace would look like with my dress - posted in the thread about dresses? It's white gold and diamonds on ebay. I know I know, but it's not an engagement ring! Hey I am bidding no more than $80. Can't hurt!

necklaceebay.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/10/2003 11:29:56 PM jenibear wrote:

How do you think this necklace would look like with my dress - posted in the thread about dresses? It's white gold and diamonds on ebay. I know I know, but it's not an engagement ring! Hey I am bidding no more than $80. Can't hurt!
----------------

It's hard to see much detail in the picture of the necklace, but I like the shape of it and it should look nice with a strapless dress. Your dress is beautiful. The brocade on your dress looks kind of golden, so yellow gold jewelry might look better than white gold. I suggest trying your dress on with both yellow and white gold jewelry to see which you prefer before you commit to a necklace.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/10/2003 9:30:47 PM Mara wrote:

I will have to drop some hints for Xmas...if I can pair the purchase around a gift he'd get me anyway, then my chances of getting them are higher..he likes the 'kill two birds' analogy.
----------------

Great plan. He has to buy you an Xmas gift anyway, so why not get you something you really want for your wedding. The trick is always to convince your man that whatever you want is the most logical solution (especially if he can be convinced it was actually his idea). And, if logic fails, there are always feminine wiles.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee Kay...OH YEAH.
2.gif
You've got their number...tricky males!
rodent.gif

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, meant to put these here, not start a new thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2670692490&category=43165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2671110764&category=43165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2669735721&category=43165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2671571915&category=52571

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Mara - Do you guys have a tradition of giving a wedding gift to each other? I gave my husband a video camera and he gave me earrings, pendant, and ring set to wear for the wedding (shown in the picture I posted at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heres-one-of-me-and-the-lady.9897/).

I think it ran about 1400, I spent about the same and he used it to videotape the wedding. Maybe you could negotiate this set for a wedding gift?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marty--well no tradition yet as we're not married!!
1.gif

Yes I definitely want to get him a wedding gift, though I was thinking (and I know this is SO cliche) a set of cuff links. Tiffany has some really great silver sets for men and they aren't that pricey...plus it would be a really nice piece of jewelry for him..and he needs some new ones desperately. I also wanted to have them engraved. But yes I would like to get him maybe something else as the cufflinks I think were around $200 or so.

However since we are paying separately for each other's rings as our 'gifts' as well to each other..I don't know how much leverage I'd have for the earrings/necklace set for the wedding! I may have a better chance to ask for the earrings for Xmas and then use my late Nov profit sharing bonus (for meeting company revenue ..yay!...) to get the necklace myself.

Or there is always the parents.
9.gif
My Mom would LOVE to get me something like this I am sure--she is a funsy jewelry buff. If Greg could get me the earrings, I am sure Mom & Dad would get me the necklace for Xmas and/or wedding gift.

We'll see...I'll have to figure it out!
1.gif
Thank goodness its not alot of $$ really in the scheme of things or else I would never be able to even think about swinging it. Some of the earrings and necklaces I liked on Fortunoff were something like $1k for earrings and $3k for necklace..HA HA...yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results