shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Boudoir

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone :)

Has anyone tried doing this? I'd like to do this as one of the wedding gifts to my future husband ;-) any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I didn't do it but really wanted to! We stretched our photography budget to get the photographer we wanted for our wedding day so I didn't have the funds for any extra sessions.

I think it's a great idea and definitely worth looking in to! I think you just have to do your research very carefully to make sure you're totally and completely comfortable with the photographer you choose. I also think that it's worth investing in professional hair and makeup for the photo shoot to make the most of the experience. A lot of photographers work directly with stylists and include hair/makeup with the booking. I've seen photographers set up a day of boudoir shots where you get a 30 minute or 1 hour block of time and they'll pre-book the whole day, schedule hair/makeup, and rent a really nice hotel suite to use so that you've got a lovely backdrop without being in your own or their home.

I hope you find someone!

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, audball! :)

I'm really excited about doing this!

audball

Ideal_Rock
ladidalola|1384478683|3556740 said:
Thanks, audball! :)

I'm really excited about doing this!
Woot! :))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lola, I did b-pics as my husband's wedding present and I had the time of my LIFE. It was such a fantastic experience. I had them done by our wedding photographer between our e-pics and our wedding, so I was super comfortable with her by then, and my hair and makeup were done by the same woman who did them for my wedding as well.

aud gave some great advice, I'll just add a few more bits and pieces:
1) Don't take any more than one outfit per about 15 minutes of shooting. I took 5 outfits for an hour-ish of time and we ran a bit over and just barely got enough shots in each outfit to make it worth it. I think 4 would've been better.
2) Get the false lashes! They look SO AMAZING and are SO worth it!
3) Unless you're super comfy in your skivvies up front, start with your most "covered up" outfit and go from there.
4) Do not underestimate the importance of shoes.
5) HAVE FUN!

I think that's about all I can think of at the moment, but I'll pop back in if I think of any more!

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Oooh thanks for the tips! For now I'm looking at the various portfolios online of different photographers. I'm so nervous and excited for this! :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I didn't do a bridal one, but I did a b-shoot for SO for valentine's day this year and he loved it! It was a half hour session I think? Maybe one hour, I forget exactly. But I had the professional make up (including false lashes, it was my first time and they felt so weird but they helped a lot hehe) and I just did a bra/panty with heels shoot in the hotel suite. It was fun and my photographer was really good about helping me feel comfortable, although I did bring her some ideas from blogs that I had looked up. She actually also asked me if she could post some of the photos on her blog after my shoot but I wasn't quite comfortable with that! ::) :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results