shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian the Cutter and the Zulu Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after a long trip to South Africa with our family, we are back in the USA. We had a great reunion with many of our relatives and had a wonderful time traversing the beautiful countryside.

We spent a week in the beautiful Natal Province which is on the west coast of South Africa near the Indian Ocean. One of the days we drove up to the Valley of a Thousand Hills to watch a Zulu Wedding. As we were watching this magnificent spectacle, we looked at each other and said "we have to share this unique experince with everyone on Pricescope". The drum beats, Zulu dancing and magnificent singing were so amazing that I had tears pouring down my face!! Before I tell you all about it, here is a picture of Brian with the Bride and Groom in traditional dress.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0236.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
The wedding took place against the magnificent backdrop of the Valley of a Thousand Hills. It started with a drum roll that echoed through the Valley.....

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0191.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
The bride placed her string of beads arround the groom's neck.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0196.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
The groom went to the "Sangoma" (witch doctor) to receive a blessing for the wedding. She threw the bones and had a ball of amazing smelling spices burning which filled the air with an unusual aroma!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0198.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
The groom does not give the bride a wedding ring. A stringed veil is placed over the bride's face for the duration of the ceremony. The beaded head dress takes the place of the wedding band and is sewn into the bride's hair permanently.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0203.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those pictures are just lovely. It is always interesting to see how others celebrate their marriage ceremonies. I can just envision the sounds, sights and smells. Looks like you both had loads of fun. Welcome back to PS!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
During the entire ceremony the women dance and sing.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0204.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
The groom celebrating!!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0223.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
And here is one of Brian and the Zulu Chief!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0238.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the last one of this series - the magnificent scenery.....I've got loads more wonderful things to share and will try to do so over the next few days.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IMG_0241.jpg

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
These are simply breathtaking Lesley! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful gift you've given us by sharing your story and photos. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for posting these, Lesley. They are amazing. I love how happy the groom looks in your pictures!

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
So the groom carries a spear during the ceremony?! I bet NOBODY says anything when the time comes to "speak now or forever hold your peace."
Corey

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thank you for sharing!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Lesley, those are spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing them with us, and welcome back!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for telling us about your trip.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting these photos and the description. I like reading and seeing things like this.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pics Lesley! Thanks for sharing them with us, love the one with Brian and the Zulu Chief!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing Leslie~!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing with us, Lesley!! What a neat experience!!

The colors of the beads are sooo vivid!! Everyone looks so happy and festive!! The scenery is absolutely breathtaking!!

Brian looks very relaxed. Glad you got some much needed R&R!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results