shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Halo Earrings HELP

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

I am looking to purchase this style, but would really like to get some input from someone who do own this style.

If you have any pictures, any input on how you feel about this style, please let me know.
E387AAB1-BEF1-4AF7-A94A-A7EB15C8EB2A.jpeg
I like the look of it but don’t have much other idea how it looks on the ear. I can’t seem to find other pictures of their earring other than from the official web site.

Also they told me the setting of this pair of earrings is non refundable because it’s custom make. They have to custom make it to have it accomadate with the diamond I selected.

So if you were me. Would go for for this style?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I am looking to purchase this style, but would really like to get some input from someone who do own this style.

If you have any pictures, any input on how you feel about this style, please let me know.
E387AAB1-BEF1-4AF7-A94A-A7EB15C8EB2A.jpeg
I like the look of it but don’t have much other idea how it looks on the ear. I can’t seem to find other pictures of their earring other than from the official web site.

Also they told me the setting of this pair of earrings is non refundable because it’s custom make. They have to custom make it to have it accomadate with the diamond I selected.

So if you were me. Would go for for this style?

Since it’s non refundable I’d think twice before purchasing. Often we love the appearance on someone else but it’s not as appealing on us. If you really love this style call them and ask them to take a photo on one of the saleswomen’s ears so you can see an ear pic.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Since it’s non refundable I’d think twice before purchasing. Often we love the appearance on someone else but it’s not as appealing on us. If you really love this style call them and ask them to take a photo on one of the saleswomen’s ears so you can see an ear pic.

I agree. I would think that another vendor may have a similar setting as well. It may be worth checking that out. It is not really a super custom piece honestly. It kind of reminds me of some Stuller settings I have seen as well. I know the diamond melee would be much nicer in that versus Stuller, but I have seen some similar ones. I'll try to look later.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I would think that another vendor may have a similar setting as well. It may be worth checking that out. It is not really a super custom piece honestly. It kind of reminds me of some Stuller settings I have seen as well. I know the diamond melee would be much nicer in that versus Stuller, but I have seen some similar ones. I'll try to look later.

The reason why I need to stick with BG is that I want the diamonds from them and I don’t want the trouble to buy the setting from a different vendor. Usually it’s easier to stick with one vendor.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. It reminds me of a bigger blingier version of JBG's Clover setting.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I would be interested in seeing these pictures also, I liked the style.

I once upon a time had BGD in 3 prong setting with the hearts jackets. They were very nice and the jackets versatile as you could remove and where just the studs vs the halo look with them on.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I would be interested in seeing these pictures also, I liked the style.

I once upon a time had BGD in 3 prong setting with the hearts jackets. They were very nice and the jackets versatile as you could remove and where just the studs vs the halo look with them on.

Yes I thought about the jackets, but it’s for smaller diamonds I believe? On the web site said it fit .30-.50 ctw diamonds, my diamonds would be 1.5ctw and I thought it is not going to work out. This style I saw said if the diamonds are bigger they have to do price adjustment. Since they didn’t mention it for the heart jackets, I thought maybe they don’t offer that.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
you are right, they are for .5 diamonds in martini or I think a bit small if bezel. I am sure they could custom make them but I am not sure how they would look with bigger. Sorry I didn't think about the size restraints of the jackets.

I am curious to see on the ear pictures of these though. If no one out there has any I am sure like suggested above you could ask Lesley or someone at BGD to take a picture. Please do share if you get one :)

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
So they told me this is a custom setting and they don’t keep it in stock. It would take them 3 weeks to finish it. So they can’t show me how it would look it on an ear loupe.

They did send me a picture of past purchase. The center stone is 0.25ct.

On their website the earrings do not look as round as the one In the picture they sent me... And it seems like there is a little too much metal. I am thinking maybe with bigger center stone, it might be ok...?

C666F1D9-A58C-4586-B01A-CCCED0966790.jpeg 483CFDCA-6FB5-49D3-BAAA-CE18A4F87285.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So they told me this is a custom setting and they don’t keep it in stock. It would take them 3 weeks to finish it. So they can’t show me how it would look it on an ear loupe.

They did send me a picture of past purchase. The center stone is 0.25ct.

On their website the earrings do not look as round as the one In the picture they sent me... And it seems like there is a little too much metal. I am thinking maybe with bigger center stone, it might be ok...?

C666F1D9-A58C-4586-B01A-CCCED0966790.jpeg 483CFDCA-6FB5-49D3-BAAA-CE18A4F87285.jpeg

I agree it looks like a lot of metal. It's a personal choice but I don't love it. As @PintoBean wrote it is similar to JbG clover studs. I think Grace's clover style is prettier but she deals with old cuts primarily.

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-70ctw-old-european-cut-diamond-clover-stud-earrings-gia-h-i-si

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it looks like a lot of metal. It's a personal choice but I don't love it. As @PintoBean wrote it is similar to JbG clover studs. I think Grace's clover style is prettier but she deals with old cuts primarily.

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-70ctw-old-european-cut-diamond-clover-stud-earrings-gia-h-i-si

Oh it does look alike in some views, but I do not like the JBG one tho. I still like the one from BG better.

My center stones are .75ct each, so triple the size of the one from the pictures. Hopefully that will reduce the look of the metal a little bit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it does look alike in some views, but I do not like the JBG one tho. I still like the one from BG better.

My center stones are .75ct each, so triple the size of the one from the pictures. Hopefully that will reduce the look of the metal a little bit.

Definitely call BGD and ask them if they can make it with less metal if that’s how you prefer it. There’s no right or wrong. It comes down to your preferences and you should get what you love. And since it’s custom maybe they’ll be able to alter it for you. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results