shape
carat
color
clarity

Breast implant issue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to get some advice or wondering if this has ever happened to any one here or if you know someone that this happened to... It''s freaking me out, and I can''t find any information about it on the internet.

I got breast implants when I was 18, over nine years ago. They are under my chest wall muscle. I have never had any problems with them until a few months ago. Then, at night when I went to bed, my left implant started shifting out of place. It didn''t hurt, but it was kind of numb and weird feeling. Luckily, I am very blind w/o my contacts, so I haven''t actually seen it... I just feel it. Then, I''ll sit up in bed, and it slides back into place. Mostly, it moves upwards. It has gotten worse lately, and I actually wake up with a little bit of pain. Just enough to wake me up. Now, it hurts a little to touch it. It just doesn''t feel right.

Also, if I flex my chest muscles, the implant on the right gets hard and moves upward and looks distorted...which is normal if the implant is under the chest wall muscle. The implant on the left does not move at all when I flex my chest muscles. But, when I''m standing up without flexing my chest muscle, they look exactly the same, like nothing is wrong. So, in appearance, it is fine.

Does anyone know what is going on with my left implant? Should I be concerned? Will it just get worse? I have moved to another state, so I can''t go see the plastic surgeon who operated on me. I have heard that implants have a life span of ten years, but I thought this was just hear say.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes adhesions can form which changes the flexibility of the implant, which may cause it to feel different. For instance, it may feel like it''s "moving," but in reality the adhesion is holding it in place fast against your pectoral muscle, so it''s not adjusting with changes in your position. I would highly, can''t say it enough, HIGHLY recommend you seek out a primary care physician in your new area, and through that person obtain a consultation with a plastic surgeon. The reason to go through the primary care doctor is to rule out any other causes, to check your general health, and to give you a credible referral.

I hope this works out well and soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the pain wakes you up at night and it hurts to touch it, then I would seek immediate medical advice. It could be an infection. I''ve never had breast implants, but know enough to know you should see a plastic surgeon soon, IMHO.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
For goodness sake, see a doctor. Even if there was a doctor on this site, they can''t give you proper advice without seeing you.

Hope everything is ok.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Windy,
You are getting married in 2 days?? I would go to your primary care physician and make sure everything is ok. You don't want this hanging over your head for your wedding or your honeymoon. Just my 0.2!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I also think you need to have it checked ASAP. They were discussing breast implants on TV yesterday and were saying on average that they need to be replaced or repaired within 10 years. Perhaps you are getting close to that?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
When did you start doing your hardcore workouts? Did your weight loss coincide with when you starting having problems with the implant? I don''t know anything about implants, but I would recommend that when you go to the doctor that you should at least mention it.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Windy,

It sounds like you may have capsular contraction which is common in implants. Go and have your doctor take a mammogram and go from there. Call a local plastic surgeon and they should be able to do your mammogram at their office. You should of had a "baseline" mammogram before your surgery and they can pull those films and compare them. I am assuming you have saline, which would be right for 9 yrs ago, and they are most common in causing capsular contraction.

Lori

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI I definately recommend seeing you primary care docto ofrplastic surgeon as soon as possible...I do not recommend going to the ER as (most likely depending on where you live) will not be able to do much for you except tell you to follow up with your MD...they don''t do emergency mammograms...at least where I work...also this is not an acute problem (just started)...it started months ago...it sounds like a musculoskeletal probem maybe adhesions (scaring) YES you need to get it checked out...try to get in to see your MD tomm...or at leat call them...and get appt for when you return

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GO SEE A DOCTOR. Honestly!

I think this is a ridiculous place to seek help for a medical problem which could be potentially serious. Yes people here know about other things than diamonds, but for a medical problem, seek advice from your DOCTOR...not random strangers!

On a positive note, have a fabulous wedding and honeymoon!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Windy,

You COULD go to the ER just to get checked out and make sure there is no immediate problem, and to reassure yourself before the wedding that you don''t have a serious problem that needs immediate attention. But they won''t do a lot in the ER other than that, and maybe try to get you a referral to see your primary physician or a surgeon a little sooner than you could get in on your own. If you really want this taken care of fast...that''s what I''d do.

Your primary physician is probably only going to refer you to a surgeon. Do you still have a way to contact the surgeon who did the implants in the first place? I think I try to see that person if at all possible.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I do have an appointment with a plastic surgeon here on May 11th when I get back from my honeymoon. I was just hoping someone had experienced this before and could tell me what is going on so that I wouldn''t worry about it so much in the mean time.
My implant has been moving around at night for months, but the pain just started this week. I''ve been so busy with the last minute wedding stuff, that I didn''t go see the doctor like I should have. Until the pain started, I really had no reason to want to see a doctor b/c they look perfectly normal.

I have always worked out in the gym with weights, so I don''t think my gym activities caused it. I was thin a long time after I first got them, so I don''t think me being thin again caused it either.

I guess I can try sleeping with a bra on and elevate myself at night until I get to see the doctor.

esqknight

Rough_Rock
Maybe you should see a doctor before you go on your honeymoon, just in case?

Depending on where you''re going (another country), you may not want to end up having to seek emergency medical attention there.

Good luck with your health, wedding and honeymoon (in that order),

Eric

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I went to the plastic surgeon today. My breast implants are just fine!! He can''t explain why one moves like that at night, but he did give me these bandages to wear at night to hold them in place. My husband is laughing about the bandages.

The pain was from working out at the gym. I must have pulled a muscle in my chest. I started bootcamp classes, and the instructor makes us do a lot of push ups, so that probably hurt me.

Of course, the plastic surgeon had to show me the new line of implants. They have a tube that they leave in, then for a few months, you can come in and get them pumped bigger until you reach the size you want. He said that he has never had a patient say that the implants were big enough.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you''re doing well!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Glad your okay
21.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ll reply here,since Leonid close the other thread.

Windy...i do apologize for what i said but,i do think you should keep your bedroom history to yourself.

7/1 & pearcrazy....no double standard here.i think it''s unacceptable for a man or a woman.just imagine the reactions i would get from all the women here, if i said....the reason i go to bed with a different woman every night it''s because "i''m mad at my wife" i feel so good cheating on her.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2005 1:57:44 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i''ll reply here,since Leonid close the other thread.

Windy...i do apologize for what i said but,i do think you should keep your bedroom history to yourself.

7/1 & pearcrazy....no double standard here.i think it''s unacceptable for a man or a woman.just imagine the reactions i would get from all the women here, if i said....the reason i go to bed with a different woman every night it''s because ''i''m mad at my wife'' i feel so good cheating on her.

While I definitely don''t agree with what Windy did to her BOYFRIEND, I just don''t see calling her a Hoe.

And besides, if you tried that on your wife she''d sock you one good in the kisser with that 3ct honker!!!
41.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Sevensone, this is for you.
1.gif

This is an actual excerpt:
This is a footnote (fn1) in an opinion from the
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals:
"The trial transcript quotes Ms. Hayden as saying
Murphy called her a snitch bitch ''hoe.'' A ''hoe,'' of
course, is a tool used for weeding and gardening. We
think the court reporter, unfamiliar with rap music
(perhaps thankfully so), misunderstood Hayden''s
response. We have taken the liberty of changing ''hoe''
to ''ho,'' a staple of rap music vernacular as, for
example, when Ludacris raps ''You doin'' ho activities
with ho tendencies.''"
Murphy v. Baker, Nos 04-2032, 04-2293, 04-2309 (7th
Cir. 2005)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2005 2:18:35 PM
Author: sevens one

While I definitely don't agree with what Windy did to her BOYFRIEND, I just don't see calling her a Hoe.
AHHH, I keep typing and then deleting. . .

This Windy person also posted another time about having sex with a guy she found so unattractive, she had to look the other direction while they were getting "busy!" Leonid deleted that post because it was so trashy.

I don't think DF's comments were far from the truth! JMO!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I am staying out of this discussion, but just had to add, in a purely semantic, vernacular, grammatical aside, that:

"We have taken the liberty of changing ''hoe''
to ''ho,'' a staple of rap music vernacular as, for
example, when Ludacris raps ''You doin'' ho activities
with ho tendencies.''"

...may be one of the funniest things I''ve ever read.

Reminds me of an e-mail I got several years ago which translated the lyrics of Notorious B.I.G.''s "One More Chance" into very white-bread, legalese sounding text. Too much to paste, but if you know hip hop--or even if you don''t--check this out: http://www.bizbag.com/Misc%20articles/Rap%20Lyrics%20Translated.htm

Hilarious.
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, i''m with blueroses! MrsFrsk- that was great! love it
1.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Sheesh!! There was a reason that Leonid closed the other thread!! DancingFire you should just let the whole matter drop, you show as little class in ressurecting her past sexual history and your disdain for it as she does posting it in the first place. I find that she provided a little too much information but I don't find that she was particularly graphic in her description. You invited people to post with honesty in your other thread, I don't think it gives you the right to pass judgement on them.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"- I'll assume you know which famous person I'm quoting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results