carat
color
clarity

Branding Question

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I I have been looking at the JA french petite pave setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/18k-white-gold-thin-french-cut-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-289

And then I see Ritani:

http://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-diamond-band-engagement-ring-with-surprise-diamonds-in-14kt-white-gold/6117

Per the details, the specs don't seem vastly different, except the Ritani has a bit higher carat count. I have seen the Ritani setting and it's pretty and sparkly, I will never be able to see the JA setting in person. There is a large price difference (I'm looking at 14k white gold for both). Is the Ritani quality going to be that much different/better? Is there anything, or brands in-between I should be looking at with similar thin pave settings?

Thanks in advance.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I strongly prefer the Ritani. Their craftsmanship is top notch, and the head looks more integrated and "designed" as opposed to just a peg head stuck on a shank. JMO.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1395244996|3637333 said:
I strongly prefer the Ritani. Their craftsmanship is top notch, and the head looks more integrated and "designed" as opposed to just a peg head stuck on a shank. JMO.
I agree I have had the Ritani settings on my finger and the pave work is beautiful. But if I am correct those two settings are not identical the Ritani head is higher up and not flush. I would call Ritani and see if they have a exact similar setting it might be closer to the JA and less expensive than the one you have on line. But I do favor the Ritani.....

Also look at IDJ.......

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
heididdl|1395245495|3637338 said:
ecf8503|1395244996|3637333 said:
I agree I have had the Ritani settings on my finger and the pave work is beautiful. But if I am correct those two settings are not identical the Ritani head is higher up and not flush. I would call Ritani and see if they have a exact similar setting it might be closer to the JA and less expensive than the one you have on line. But I do favor the Ritani.....

Also look at IDJ.......

Do you have any other brands I should look at via IDJ? :) The Ritani is certainly beautiful in person. It's hard to pull the trigger and buy something I can't see in person first. It's probably why I can't seem to commit to a setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results