Brainstorming

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! That would be a lovely halo :roll2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it! A big diamond with a big halo / small cluster is AWESOME!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my vote is the same as the two lovely ladies who voted above...halo your beauty...it matches and it seems as if it is meant to be. Big diamond + small cluster halo = perfection.:love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you lay these out like a halo on a glass table and take a pic from below? (or something like that, ha.)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the dimensions of your stone? This is not your 5ct ring, is it?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can you lay these out like a halo on a glass table and take a pic from below? (or something like that, ha.)

Good idea! But I don’t have a glass table.

What are the dimensions of your stone? This is not your 5ct ring, is it?

It is. I have been obscenely fickle. It’s in its fifth setting since I got it. I actually love the simple 4-prong unplated white gold solitaire, but the call of a halo/cluster has always been strong, and these little diamonds match my 5ct in color and cut. As Missy said, it seems a bit meant to be.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say I looooove your stone as is. It’s already a giant stone and does not need a halo. Do you have any CS stones lying around that you can halo?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I must say I looooove your stone as is. It’s already a giant stone and does not need a halo. Do you have any CS stones lying around that you can halo?

I thought of that, but I don't really have any at the moment, and the fact that the little diamonds match my big diamond is intriguing. The way I see it, it can always be undone. I am leaning toward doing it, but we'll see.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d use them in a shank for the diamond, and leave it a soli.
Your diamond looks stunning, alone.
Find some way to incorporate them into the shank, or create a band with them to go with your honker.
;)2

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’d use them in a shank for the diamond, and leave it a soli.
Your diamond looks stunning, alone.
Find some way to incorporate them into the shank, or create a band with them to go with your honker.
;)2

My first setting had diamonds in the band, and it was a solitaire, and I never quite liked it. So that's not on the table.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a wrap. The s you still have the soli and more bling for those other days.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is something I have considered, but if I do that, I might have to use one or two chipped diamonds.

No, I am not fond of wraps.

Then, I imagine you’ll have to follow your heart on this one!!! ;)2

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That puppy is going to be massive :P2 I can’t wait to see the end result!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still not sure. :)

If a halo is what tugs at your heart strings, then you should consider it.
I, personally, wouldn't change a thing about your ring; it’s beautiful!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If a halo is what tugs at your heart strings, then you should consider it.
I, personally, wouldn't change a thing about your ring; it’s beautiful!

A halo has tugged at my heart strings since before we went diamond shopping. My husband loves solitaires. I think these little diamonds are much bigger than a typical halo, but the fact that they match has me dreaming about massive finger coverage. And it can always be undone if I find it ridiculous. I could have a colored stone cut for it if I don’t like having my diamond in it, and I could put my diamond back in a solitaire. The one it’s in now is from Stuller, and it’s easily reproducible. My husband hates halo settings, but I think I could do it anyway at this point, haha. We’re married a long time.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with the halo! I think it will be amazing!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm still not sure. If I do it, I'll be sure to come back with pictures. I do really like the current unplated white gold solitaire it's in.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough decision indeed. I really love your current ring too. A 5 ct soli is soooo sophisticated. I would also love it with a thin halo a la Victor Canera.

Will you be able to wear your ring witn a bigger halo on a daily basis?
Looking forward to hear what you decide. You should be comfortable with it

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tough decision indeed. I really love your current ring too. A 5 ct soli is soooo sophisticated. I would also love it with a thin halo a la Victor Canera.

Will you be able to wear your ring witn a bigger halo on a daily basis?
Looking forward to hear what you decide. You should be comfortable with it

I have considered a Victor Canera (or VC-like) halo, but no one I reached out to was willing to color match, so I would have had to play up the color difference, which is a totally different look.

I could totally rock a big ring regularly. I usually wear huge stone rings. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A halo has tugged at my heart strings since before we went diamond shopping. My husband loves solitaires. I think these little diamonds are much bigger than a typical halo, but the fact that they match has me dreaming about massive finger coverage. And it can always be undone if I find it ridiculous. I could have a colored stone cut for it if I don’t like having my diamond in it, and I could put my diamond back in a solitaire. The one it’s in now is from Stuller, and it’s easily reproducible. My husband hates halo settings, but I think I could do it anyway at this point, haha. We’re married a long time.

IMHO you already have massive finger coverage!!:appl: But it is not my ring nor my decision...although it is possible for rings to be too big, but as you say, it can be undone. At any rate I love halo's...the things dreams are made of. (oh Tiffany Soleste you torment me!!:bigsmile:)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d do the halo. If the thought is “calling you” it won’t rest quietly or be ignored.
Then if you don’t like it, so be it and back to a solitaire setting. You will have cancelled out that thought in your mind and you can pop in a lovely round sapphire or other CS and have two rings to love.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d do the halo. If the thought is “calling you” it won’t rest quietly or be ignored.
Then if you don’t like it, so be it and back to a solitaire setting. You will have cancelled out that thought in your mind and you can pop in a lovely round sapphire or other CS and have two rings to love.
Agree!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with the "5 ct stone is great as a solitaire or with a very delicate halo such as Victor Canera" camp. If your stone is about 11mm (which is already huge by most standards) and you add 6 mm, that means 17mm diameter. Just FYI, 16mm is about 16 carats!!! I think it could work if your last name is Kardashian, but otherwise, I cannot encourage you to do it.

M-2-b has a lovely VC setting with her 4.7 ct diamond. Her stone must be a little under 11mm, and say the halo adds maybe 3mm or so, that's about 14mm on a size 6 finger.

img_14302-jpg.480575

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm with the "5 ct stone is great as a solitaire or with a very delicate halo such as Victor Canera" camp. If your stone is about 11mm (which is already huge by most standards) and you add 6 mm, that means 17mm diameter. Just FYI, 16mm is about 16 carats!!! I think it could work if your last name is Kardashian, but otherwise, I cannot encourage you to do it.

M-2-b has a lovely VC setting with her 4.7 ct diamond. Her stone must be a little under 11mm, and say the halo adds maybe 3mm or so, that's about 14mm on a size 6 finger.

img_14302-jpg.480575

My last name is not Kardashian, haha. But I do like rocking big jewels. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results