shape
carat
color
clarity

Boyfriends

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Do your bf, fc, hb, get irritated when your are looking at this site?

Mine does...

Drives me crazy

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Yes but he has his car sites so it equals out.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Husband is like ALRIGHT ALREADY. NOW what do you "need"
Is it your BF who gets po'd? I can kind of see that...only b/c men need to do things without pressure and maybe he sees it as pressure. The more pressure, the less they want to do something. (Unless of course, you've discussed that it's time to start looking for rings)

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
My DF just doesn''t understand it AT ALL. His thinking is, okay, you''ve got your ring, you''ve helped your friends upgrade, you are like the smartest person I know when it comes to diamond [HAHAHA yeah right dopey] WHY DO YOU STILL GO THERE ALL THE TIME.

Um, hullo? Cause I am a) addicted b) plotting next purchase, c) living vicariously through others d) addicted. His vices, like 18 tech mag sites a day, absolutly fine... me, i am pyschotic for always checking back here... I will truly never understand it.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 10:22:47 AM
Author: lindsal
My DF just doesn''t understand it AT ALL. His thinking is, okay, you''ve got your ring, you''ve helped your friends upgrade, you are like the smartest person I know when it comes to diamond [HAHAHA yeah right dopey] WHY DO YOU STILL GO THERE ALL THE TIME.

Um, hullo? Cause I am a) addicted b) plotting next purchase, c) living vicariously through others d) addicted. His vices, like 18 tech mag sites a day, absolutly fine... me, i am pyschotic for always checking back here... I will truly never understand it.
My DF says the SAME exact things. And i have the same exact reasons for doing it!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
When my Husband sees me on PS- he asks "So, How is everyone?"

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My husbands TV/stereo wacko addiction, cancels out my PS/diamond wacko addiction. Since I pointed that out, there have been no more "comments".......
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 9
6.gif
7:16 AM
Author: moremoremore
Husband is like ALRIGHT ALREADY. NOW what do you ''need''
Is it your BF who gets po''d? I can kind of see that...only b/c men need to do things without pressure and maybe he sees it as pressure. The more pressure, the less they want to do something. (Unless of course, you''ve discussed that it''s time to start looking for rings)
Haha,

I asked him last night WHY on earth he got so irritated.. Guess what...

It is pressure!!! He thinks, compared to some of the pics I showed him, that the ring he bought me, is too tiny...sweet..
(check "show me the ring" for pics)...

I was just trying to give him some ideas for our 1st anniversary as a married couple
21.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 12
6.gif
5:13 PM
Author: Rockchick

6.gif
Husband is like ALRIGHT ALREADY. NOW what do you ''need''
Is it your BF who gets po''d? I can kind of see that...only b/c men need to do things without pressure and maybe he sees it as pressure. The more pressure, the less they want to do something. (Unless of course, you''ve discussed that it''s time to start looking for rings)
Haha,

It is pressure!!! He thinks, compared to some of the pics I showed him, that the ring he bought me, is too tiny...sweet..
(check ''show me the ring'' for pics)...

I was just trying to give him some ideas for our 1st anniversary as a married couple
21.gif

Yeah, and you just joined yesterday. He better "get over it" already!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend doesnt mind...but I think that''s mostly because he doesnt realize how much I"m actually on this site! I don''t know what I did at work before I found this (well, probably work
face6.gif
). But he can''t bring it up really, he''s ALWAYS on some sports-related website.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
My FI gets upset when I "discover" something that I LOVEand simply MUST HAVE and talk about how nice it would be to have an asscher, a tacori setting, something pave, etc.

I already have a gorgeous e-ring and that SHOULD hold me for a while.

:)

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 11:10:24 AM
Author: njc

Date: 12/17/2004 10:22:47 AM
Author: lindsal

My DF says the SAME exact things. And i have the same exact reasons for doing it!
2.gif
exactly!!!! and i thought i was the only one. it drives him nuts, not for "pressure" reasons, but because he just cannot understand why i could possibly need to be on the site so much. same as lindsal''s FI--you already have your ring, so what the hell are you DOING on there all day long???
31.gif

comparing it to his fantasy football activities hasn''t worked thus far.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My FI says "What are you posting on there anyways?" or "You are on that site again." Hehehe

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My husband says, "Oh, that doesn''t look like email or work" whenever he sees me on Pricescope (my excuse always is that I have to check my email). We joke that the only reason we got DSL was so that I could look at diamonds- which is true, at least from my perspective!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...When I am on this site, my husband jumps and grabs his right butt cheek...Why?
Because when I log onto this site, HIS WALLET VIBRATES!!!!!
2.gif
Teeheee!

J/K..he just shakes his head and laughs!

Luv

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
See...this is why I keep PS a very guarded *secret* from my bf. I have no doubt that I would never hear the end of it since I always nag him about being on ebay constantly. It''s my private little guilty pleasure--what he doesn''t know won''t hurt him
emsmilep.gif
!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 12:23:44 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 12/17/2004 12
6.gif
5:13 PM
Author: Rockchick

6.gif
Husband is like ALRIGHT ALREADY. NOW what do you 'need'
Is it your BF who gets po'd? I can kind of see that...only b/c men need to do things without pressure and maybe he sees it as pressure. The more pressure, the less they want to do something. (Unless of course, you've discussed that it's time to start looking for rings)
Haha,

(check 'show me the ring' for pics)...

21.gif

Yeah, and you just joined yesterday. He better 'get over it' already!!
ROFL Nan.... He'll just have to get used to it like the rest have!

Mine has quit harrassing me. Now, I love to bring up some odd piece of information (completely non-diamond related) that I would never really know in my normal life, and tell him I learned it on my diamond forum. He just doesn't get it.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mine has quit harrassing me. Now, I love to bring up some odd piece of information )completely non-diamond related) that I would never really know in my normal life, and tell him I learned it on my diamond forum. He just doesn''t get it.
Same here. Too funny. I do get some of my finer tidbits from here.
9.gif
I emailed him all the lawyer jokes here on a recent thread. He has started to use my material borrowed from PS.
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
When mine sees me at the computer, he says, "How are the diamonds? Are they sparkly?" Or sometimes just, "Are they sparkly?"

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Another of my husband''s favorites: "Talking to the Diamond People Again?!" He''s told me I should be a gemologist so he could make money off my addiction!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
LOL -- it's okay with me. I like to see her smile.

I guess I'm an instigator - I feed cflutist's addictions.....

First it was the Bride's magazine, then it was "let's try a cruise, you might like it", now it's when I told her to check out this PriceScope website....

I'm just a little devil I guess....

emotion-14.gif
emotion-14.gif
emotion-14.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
My h2b doesn''t know about PS. If he did I would never hear the end of it. I wouldn''t have anything to compare it to...he doesn''t have just one thing that he just has to do or has to look at. He likes so many things but doesn''t "live for it". Sooo....I guess I''ll have to sneak on here and there when I can
9.gif
I am sooooooo obsessed with jewelry it isn''t even funny. It''s an illness!!! (Actually, it''s my mom mom''s fault for letting me play dress-up with her jewelry when I was a little kid.) His thoughts are...''You have THE ring..what more could you want???''. He even told me that any jewelry purchases from now on are up to me. Hehehe..he has no idea what he''s gotten himself into
11.gif
11.gif
And he thinks I don''t own that much jewelry because I''m not that interested...little does he know that it''s because I''m holding out for the big stuff
9.gif
I''m so bad......
12.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I joined Pricescope *after* getting my e-ring. We were already married when we upgraded from a garnet to diamond (I really wish I''d found the site earlier, I wouldn''t have Mondera''d or vs2''d..oh well next time I know).

I would have never let him know I was looking e-rings before we were engaged. G-d forbid! Yes...the whole no pressure, mysterioso-will she? won''t she? -thing. *coy eyelash flutter*

I had the Bride magazines too, of course, but I hid them in a trunk(inside my closet) when were dating. LOL

Dh mostly rolls his eyes and calls me addicted. Sometmies I get carried away and spam him w/links at work. He has been enjoying Cap''n Zales (He''s French, so I had to explain exactly what the dreaded Zales is) and the cute action figures with Sevens K. etc.

He had to hear me swoon and sigh over Reena''s ring too. That nearly drove him nuts, I''m sure.
3.gif
3.gif
i''m still slipping in drool puddles from time to time.

After the Cap''n Zales(and his maul/mall ilk) briefing, I made him promise to come here for guidance if he ever wants to surprise me with anything.  I told him you all give the best advice!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results