shape
carat
color
clarity

boulder opal pendant

melda

Rough_Rock
i ordered the opal online and drew up a design with a local jeweler who did the silver bezel. the opal is 11 carats. i really like the stone; to me it looks like a magical hatching egg. i've never worked with a jeweler before - his works looks good to me, but i'd be interested in hearing other peoples' thoughts.

DSC02761.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
That's a cool stone! I like the hatching egg analogy. The bezeling looks decent, not perfect, but what is? Are you happy with it? I think it's pretty.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the bezeling is nice and I like the idea of pairing a huge opal with a small pearl. I think it is an interesting pendant. I hope you'll post neck shots!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a pearl or a silver bead???????

I agree that the bezelling is okay but it is uneven in places. The overall effect is very pretty though and I love matrix opals so I'd be a fan whether the bezelling was horrible or exceptional!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Looks like a silver bead to me too.

I like the uniqueness of the opal and the design sets it off well. Very magical, as you put it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That opal is so pretty. It does look like a hatching egg! I think we need some neck shots.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shape and colors in your opal pendant. I expect a tiny dragon to hatch out of it!

GemPendants

Rough_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:

I agree that the bezelling is okay but it is uneven in places. The overall effect is very pretty though and I love matrix opals so I'd be a fan whether the bezelling was horrible or exceptional!

Just to learn: I didn't seem to find any uneven place, where...? :confused:
How should "perfect" bezelling look like?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
GemPendants said:
LovingDiamonds said:

Just to learn: I didn't seem to find any uneven place, where...? :confused:
How should "perfect" bezelling look like?

I don't think it looks that uneven. There's every chance the stone wasn't perfect to begin with. I think it looks like a stunning pendant and I'm adding to the chorus - Neck Shots! Neck Shots!

melda

Rough_Rock
the opal was not a perfect pear shape. the bead is indeed a silver bead, but if it looks like a pearl, that's certainly a plus! unfortunately i don't have any neck shots because i sent the pendant to my sister for her birthday. she's supposed to send me pics, though, so i'll post those if she gets around to it. thanks for the comments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results