shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought on ebay VS-2 G-H color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
I won on an auction this ring its 1.00ct VS G-H color emerald cut diamond ring my question with all the diamonds melee like this will they sparkle or just be white and clear i only paid 250.00 Ebay # 8907668900 please input please on this

af_1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess you''ll know when you get it. My guess would be no, but I''m very leary of ebay. Good luck!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
guess you''ll find out when you get it!

have fun with it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wouldn''t get my hopes up too high.
31.gif
9.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
It's a lot of gold and diamonds for $250. If it's not quite as fabulous as the description, it still looks very attractive and should be a fun piece to have. Even if the diamonds are not dazzling, I don't think you can go too far wrong for that price.
I hope you will post your impression of it when you receive it.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Where is the carat? Hmmm I guess it is a carat tot weight.
I am buying a jewelry box on ebay-cost 10 bucks- Can''t go wrong there!
emsmile.gif

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Are you guys telling me if it is VS G-H in color and they are nicely cut the stones wont have any fire to them?

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
if they are nicely cut, there may be fire. color and clarity don''t have anything to do with fire. (unless something is very included).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 12:51:52 PM
Author: dyemonds2002
Are you guys telling me if it is VS G-H in color and they are nicely cut the stones wont have any fire to them?
dyemonds how would we know???

this is what? your 5th or 10th ebay purchase like this? are you overall happy with what you are buying? if so, why ask us? we have no idea on the pieces you are getting.

i''d use your previous experience to determine just how happy you are with the future purchases, seriously it''s probably a better gauge than asking us if we think 1ctw of G VS stones for $250 is going to be fabulous.

good luck.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Pink Flam i just wanted 1 honest opinion

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 1:22:07 PM
Thank you Pink Flam i just wanted 1 honest opinion
people gave you numerous honest opinions even if it was not what you wanted to hear.

LaserLady

Rough_Rock
Wow, look as though you''ve struck a nerve. Ebay purchases can be tricky and the jewerly industry as a whole doens''t appreciate the punks that misrepresent and sell on Ebay. Heck we don''t appreciate the punks that misrepresent and sell on the streets either. Unfortunately there are more questionable sellers on Ebay than not. Caution is the first and last step to take when buying jewelry on Ebay.

The photo looks to be nice. Based on what I can see in the photo let me give you a little hint of what you just purchased. I realize that they might have listed it as "emerlad-cut" many of us in the trade would call those diamond "straight baguette cut." It''s ok, a diamond is a diamond let''s not get lost in the wording. If they truly are diamonds and they are G/VS then you got a heck of a deal.

The trick to keeping this ring looking good and sparkling is to keep it clean....very clean. Baguette cut diamond have a tendency to look dull quicker than stones with more facets. Simply keep the piece clean and you will be happy with it''s appearance.

Nancy

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The seller, which is who graded them as VS2-SI2 and estimated the total weight to be 1.00cts, has also graded the stones as ‘stunning’, ‘amazing’, ‘very very sparkly’, ‘brilliant’, ‘perfect’, ‘intoxicating’, and ‘full of life’. These are not standard industry grading terms but it seems to answer your question. Despite their statement that they know nothing about the subject, they agree to try and do their best - which they presumably have done. This is good since they offer no returns or refunds for any reason.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your opinions

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Dymonds,
did you receive the ring you bought on Ebay/ How did it turn out? I was wondering what happened. I have bought many wonderful things on Ebay,including a diamond and ruby necklace from India. You do have to be careful but nearly everything Ihave bought was as described and it is fun to "shop" there. It's like going to dozens of stores.
The ring looks like a fun item and you did not pay an excessive price.I hope you are pleased with it.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Yes i got it the ring is full of fire looks like emerald and baguettes like looking into mirrors with fire very pleased
emwink.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you got a good deal. If it sparkles and makes you happy it is certainly worth $250. I hope you love wearing it and get lots of compliments.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 12:58:53 AM
Yes i got it the ring is full of fire looks like emerald and baguettes like looking into mirrors with fire very pleased
emwink.gif
Oh do you have a camera? Could you post some pictures here of the ring on your hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results