shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my dress! Also need some advice

gls

Shiny_Rock
I havent posted in a while, but have been lurking around, congrats to all that have gotten married in that time, its been great seeing everyones progress.

My wedding planning took a great jump 2 weeks ago (I know, assignments prevented me posting earlier) when I bought my wedding dress!!

I went to a sample sale with mum, thinking I would not find anything and to my dismay 80% of the sample sizes where too small (I wouldnt consider myself large either
8.gif
)

Having tried on a dress that was just too soiled to be salvagable, the assistant urged me to try on other dresses, I took one that I kept going past but had decided with mum I wouldnt try on, alas once on I knew that it was special (I did not have a "the one" moment). The problem was I had to take the dress home with me then and there and my wedding is 18months away. Mum told me I was stupid to leave it, so I got it!!! I had a panic 2 days ago thinking I rushed so I took it out and tried it on and lets just say I am more excited about it now than before.

The dress was not a sample but something made for a customer that they did not end up taking (never been on a rack). I got it for an amazing 1100 (relatively cheap in Australia) down from 5900.

As you will see the dress is quite plain, I''m going to add thin straps to the dress and was wondering what else you would consider adding to it (if anything) to jazz it up. It has a belt made from the same silk satin as the dress already but dont want to keep it, also what veil do you thin would suit it? I was thinking maybe even something different like a polka dot one?

I''ll stop and show you what you really want to see, the photos!!
36.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
30.gif

gls dress1.JPG

gls

Shiny_Rock
the back was what i was unsure about, but now I love it!

gls dress back.JPG

gls

Shiny_Rock
me wearing the dress. Sorry i was home alone, so I only have self taken photos with the help of my phone and the mirror
7.gif

gls bodice.JPG

gls

Shiny_Rock
The bottom half. Does it seem a bit flat compared to the back or is it just me?

gls bottom.JPG

gls

Shiny_Rock
from the side, my favourite! the things hanging down from the side is the belt the dress has at the moment

gls dress side.JPG

gls

Shiny_Rock
last one, a bit of a "fun" one...what I can see looking back at the dress...
Oh I forgot to mention this dress is damn comfortable to wear!!!

view from the back.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh I love it! So unique and elegant! The front may seem a little flat, but I have a feeling it is because the dress needs to be hemmed and steamed. If it still isn''t to your liking, add a crinoline, I would think they could be custom made to add more layers in the front for extra oomph there. Love the detailed back!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not too good at accessorizing (I''m getting a lot of help from my friends and a cousin in the department for my wedding) so I''ll let other PSers help you with that. I just wanted to say wow, that''s a beautiful dress and you got it for an amazing price!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous and it looks fabulous on you! Great find!!!

Personally, the embellishments I would add to the dress would be dependent on the type of wedding you''re having. Is it a formal, black-tie wedding? Or are you having an outdoor garden wedding? Modern chic wedding? I personally love sashes/belts and would''ve added one to my dress if I didn''t already have a cute little bow on it. I did a brief search on etsy and here''s what I found:

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Garden Wedding Sash

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Garden Sash #2

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Black Tie Sash

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Modern Chic

You could also add a brooch or just accesorize with bolder costume-type jewelry. I don''t know your style but it seems like you''re willing to go a little of the beaten path with a polka dot / swiss dot veil.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! I like it the way it is! But I like really simple, classic dresses.

gls

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your comments!

Sammy J thanks so much for the suggestions. I was thinking a belt would be the best way to go, I tried it on with the dress at the shop and it looked great.
I am more inclined to go towards the jewelled belts. Its going to be a traditional church service followed by what I would consider a fairly modern reception. I want to look stylish, modern yet like a traditional bride (ie white dress, veil).

I love simple things as you can tell by the dress (the back was even a bit our of my comfort zone) and have been considering glamming it up with a belt, bracelet, earrings, veil and jewelled comb for my hair, would that be too much??

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, I think you made a good choice. It is pretty simple in the front, but I would not consider the back that simple. I am wearing a fairly simple dress too. The belt and broach is a good idea, but you can also have fun with accessories

Here are some suggestions

1) You can get a veil with embroidery that matches the back of the gown

2) Dramatic jewelry. I don''t think your jewelry ideas are too dramatic at all. I am thinking about doing all of those things for my dress. The other idea is to do a fun necklace and some very simple earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results