shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought an oval and want opinions!!!

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
1.34 carat h color vs1. No flourescense but I swear I see some in my videos. But it could be the blue skys the skys were straight blue and sunny.
It's just sitting in diamond holder not its actual setting yet. Which will be a six prong setting.

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2201048079
That's the link to the gia report

https://d1s5m21q2l18ke.cloudfront.net/v360_mov/h7gb5rfn112.HTML
That's the video they sent me of it 360 degree view.

Two videos I took of it. And two pictures
20190409_130624.jpg 20190409_130616.jpg
What do you think of it. It may not be perfect but I did research but still keep finding that's there is more to buying diamonds and that will come from experience. Especially when buying online and it's not right in front of you.

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
One more video in my room. With just my eyes in a room you can not see a bowtie unless your looking for it but my camera picks it up more.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it's a gorgeous Oval diamond! Looks big.

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you love it?

Does the bow-tie bug you at all? If it annoys you now, it will always annoy you - a stone really needs to call to your heart, you can't 'learn to love' something you, deep down, feel isn't perfect - so I would suggest returning it if you are not 100% sure about it.

If you are sure about it, don't ask for opinions on it, because you risk hearing things you don't want to hear (like the above) ;-) lol :lol:

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
Well its for my soon to be fiance. And my camera picks up the bow tie but with just my eyes I can't see a bowtie but just a little at certain angles. But outdoors its slightly more noticeable. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a terrible diamond.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An ASETscope image would help confirm how leaky the stone is (which all classic ovals are to some extent, from what I've seen, so it can be a hiding to nothing... lol) but ovals and other fancies often have to be bought on their beauty alone for that reason.

To ask the question, has your intended expressed a desire for an oval or are you 'buying blind'?

It can be good to ask or work out what they want, and even better to try different shapes and sizes on, as what can look good in pictures sometimes just doesn't work on the hand!

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
She wanted an oval and only an oval and she doesn't seem to picky. Actually I'm the one that got picky as I started looking lol overall I'm really happy with the purchase and I believe the size will look good on her finger.

How do i get an aset scope image

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She wanted an oval and only an oval and she doesn't seem to picky. Actually I'm the one that got picky as I started looking lol overall I'm really happy with the purchase and I believe the size will look good on her finger.

How do i get an aset scope image
You should ask the supplier if they are able to provide one.

They may well say "What??" and have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes: :lol: but it is good to ask the question.

You can always buy one yourself from the website - you can then use it for other diamonds you might buy in the future :)
https://ideal-scope.com/

Joemorris

Rough_Rock
I'm tempted to buy the scope lol. But I think over all she will enjoy this diamond. When I took it outside I was really surprised at the sparkle and light refraction all different colors coming off of it. So believe she will probably just be like wow it's so sparkly and pretty lol her mother thought it was really pretty also. I have looked at other ovals in person and both of them had a really noticeable bowtie and this one looks nothing like that in person. So I guess she is getting this one. I'm sure she will be happy. It's just scary spending so much on a something so small. and she has to wear it all the time almost. So you want it to be good.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tempted to buy the scope lol. But I think over all she will enjoy this diamond. When I took it outside I was really surprised at the sparkle and light refraction all different colors coming off of it. So believe she will probably just be like wow it's so sparkly and pretty lol her mother thought it was really pretty also. I have looked at other ovals in person and both of them had a really noticeable bowtie and this one looks nothing like that in person. So I guess she is getting this one. I'm sure she will be happy. It's just scary spending so much on a something so small. and she has to wear it all the time almost. So you want it to be good.
I hear you - when I opened the wrapping paper thing for the diamond for my good lady, I was thinking "it's so small! and it costs so much!!" :lol: but the performance was excellent, so that is the over-riding thought over time :))

If this one performs well compared to all the others you have seen, in a variety of lights (flat/overcast daylight, spotlights, direct sunlight, etc.) then I think you have chosen well :)

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty oval!! And I love the chubbier shape! It looks like you did a great job - the bow tie issue is just tough when dealing with almost all ovals, and this one looks much better than most.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results