shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CushionMan

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know any reputable jewelers in Boston?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome Cushionman
35.gif

As you know, I''m in the Boston area. There are many excellent and reputable jewelers in our area.

Stick with those that have a good reputation in the community. Ask for referrals from satisfied friends or
relatives. Compare the diamond knowledge of sales associates, compare policies, refunds, trade ins, etc.
Check with the BBB for complaints. Decide what features are most important to you....and what you expect to achieve
from your shopping experience. Good luck!

P.S. Perhaps a Boston PS poster will share a positive experience with us.

Jeff Averbook, G.G. Graduate Gemologist/Appraiser

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Long''s Jewelers is reputable and they carry nice quality items. I have purchased some smaller items from them and their service was very good.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *assume* they are in Boston, but I contacted Bostonian Jewelers and they were quite nice and very patient and accommodating, and their work looks lovely on their site. ALexandra is who I dealt with there.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My husband bought my e-ring from Shreve Crump and Low (when they were having a huge sale last year after changing owners) and they have been wonderful. We got my wedding band from Barmakian''s and they were MISERABLE to deal with.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring came from Hefez & Sons at 387 Washington St., 617-451-2797.

My (then) fiance knew nothing about nothing when it came to diamonds, but they got him what turned out to be a great stone at a fair price, and the setting was really quality work.

If you''re committed to B&M feel free to check them out.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Off topic...but GO SOX!!!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a "diamond" building in Boston. I think if you do a google search for that you''ll find a site with the directory. There are lots of reputable jewelers in Boston, it just depends on what you''re looking for (i.e., pre set, mounting only, just the stone, etc).

basisforaday

Rough_Rock
Shreve Crump and Low are fantastic (both their boylston street location, and chestnut hill mall location) they are by far my favorite jeweler from Boston to NYC for so many reasons.

Persona- located in the Landmark Hotel in Kenmore square. Great designs and craftsmanship. great if you are looking for original pieces or want to have something made. it is all in shop. A+

Longs by the Federal Reserve/Childrens museum, is very friendly and has a great selection, it feels a little bit like a mall jeweler ala Baily Banks and Biddle, but the staff is great.

Lux bond and green- good selection, good name, friendly staff....nothing extrodinary, but still above average.

333/387 Washington Street...I went to both these places when looking for an engagement ring, I wanted to give them the benifit of the doubt, this is the location for sisters jewelery, bostonian, bamalkian ect...
this is by far the worst experience ever. reminicent of the diamond district in new york sans quality. Everyone will offer you a deal (if they are open as their hours are garbage) but their craftsmanship (in general) looks crackerjack box at best to me. it might be worth it to get a loose stone there, but then again both longs and Shreve''s had similar stones at similar prices to everyone in 333/387 just with ready certificates, and upgrade policies.

Eb Horn-worse then anything in 333/387....I hate downtown crossing because of places like this.

Again, I was engagement ring shopping for the better part of 6 months (it takes me a few weeks to buy sneakers). And i went everywhere in Boston and I have to say that Shreve''s and Persona were by far my favorite, with Long''s a close third simply because of their staff who is fantastic.

basisforaday

Rough_Rock
I also forgot

David and Co, i never visited because they are not T accessable, but they are out in Chestnut Hill, and carry very high end diamonds.

also we have two Tiffany''s which are certainly reputable.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Yes I agree...

Long''s have excellent service!
30.gif

I also adore the pieces at Shreve''s

Good Luck hunting!!!

yonnyma

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 8:21:09 PM
Author: Gypsy
I *assume* they are in Boston, but I contacted Bostonian Jewelers and they were quite nice and very patient and accommodating, and their work looks lovely on their site. ALexandra is who I dealt with there.
Not sure what you''re looking to do in Boston, but I echo the Bostonian Jewelers comment above...they are in Downtown Boston (333 Washington) and Hagop just reset a new diamond into my wife''s original setting...great craftsmanship...had to use a laser weld b/c of baguettes! Super professional, fast, and great value!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results